On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun gunlock
What does gunlock mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: gunlocks
- the action that ignites the charge in a firearm
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of gunlock: firing mechanism
- more generic terms: action / action mechanism = the operating part that transmits power to a mechanism
- more specific terms:
- part of: gun = a weapon that discharges a missile at high velocity
- part: hammer / cock = the part of a gunlock that strikes the percussion cap when the trigger is pulled
Alternative definition of the noun gunlock
- A mechanism fitted to a cannon that fires it when a cord is pulled.
"Gunlock" a.k.a. "RayForce" is a vertical space shooter style game by Taito released for the Taito F3 arcade hardware in 1994, and later ported to the Sega Saturn in 1995, Microsoft Windows in 1997, and iOS in 2012.
- read more about RayForce
- Gunlock is an unincorporated community in western Washington County, Utah, United States, north of Gunlock State Park. It lies along local roads northwest of the city of St. George, the county seat of Washington County. Its elevation is 3,658 feet. Although Gunlock is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 84733.
- Gunlock is an unincorporated community in Magoffin County, Kentucky, United States. It lies along Route 7 southeast of the city of Salyersville, the county seat of Magoffin County. Its elevation is 1,001 feet.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Gunlock
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Reports and Awards ... (1877)
by United States Centennial Commission
For simplicity of construction and perfect adaptability to an end the modern gunlock is a beautiful mechanism. The breech-loading action, although in principle dating back to a former century, is in its present perfect form the result of the labor ...
Some suggest a gunlock means a thief in the house will not steal the gun.
by Gwendolyn Lewise Werth Luttrell
Gunlock Basalt GLCK01 1 . Quaternary 2.
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
epoch, fatstock, feedstock, fetlock, firelock, flintlock, forelock, foreshock, gamecock, gemsbok, gridlock, gunlock, Hancock, havelock, haycock, headlock, headstock, hemlock, Hickock, Iraq, jazz-rock, Kanak, Kazak, Kazakh, kapok, kneesock, ...
In which the Words are Explained in the Order of Their Natural Affinity, Independent of Alphabetical Arrangement; and the Signification of Each is Traced from Its Etymology ... to which are Added, an Introduction, Containing a New Grammar of the Language, and an Alphabetical Index, for the Ease of Consultation by David Booth
GUNLOCK. Gun, as may be guessed from its antiquated orthography, is an older word, in our language, than cannon: although, as before mentioned, it is also derived from the Latin canna, in the same manner that the German Rohr signifies ...
the catchin agunlockbywhichitis held atcock orhalfcock: a partofa gunlock.
by Random House
epoch, fetlock, flintlock, folk-rock, forelock, gamecock, gemsbok, gridlock, gunlock, half cock, Hancock, hard rock, havelock, haycock, headlock, heart block, hemlock, in stock, jazz-rock, kapok, kneesock, livestock, matchlock, nos- toc, oarlock, ...
by Paul Zollo
forelock frock gamecock gawk goshawk gridlock gunlock hammerlock hawk haycock headlock headstock hemlock hitchcock hoc hock hollyhock interlock jaywalk jock kapok knock kulak laughingstock leafstalk livestock lock locke macaque ...
by Thomas E. Zurinskas
gubernatorial ~gunfier - gunfire ~gue'ee - gooy ~gunfiet - gunfight ~gue'ee'ist - gooiest ~gunfieter - gunfighter ~gue'eeyist - gooiest ~gung - gung ~guef - goof ~ gunkaatin - guncotton ~guefauf - goofoff ~gunlaak - gunlock ~guefbaul - goofball ...
by Clive Upton, William A. Kretzschmar, Jr.
3i AM 'gondsi gunk BR gank AM gonk gunless BR 'gAnlos AM 'gonlos gunlock BR 'gAnlpk, ...
by Philip D. Morehead
gunlock, gunpowder, holster, magazine, muzzle, peep sight, percussion lock, pin, pistol grip, propellant, range finder, rear sight, refling, safety, scope, side lock, silencer, tampion, telescopic sight, trunnion. 7,(mechanical weapon) armored ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gunlock
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Gunlock
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: thure.johnson
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Gunlock
Video shows what gunlock means. A mechanism fitted to a cannon that fires it when a cord is pulled.. Gunlock Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
Scrabble value of G2U1N1L1O1C3K5
The value of this 7-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine