On this page:
- Definition of the noun gunshot
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Gunshot
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gunshot
- Photos about Gunshot
- Video about Gunshot
- Quotes about Gunshot
- Scrabble value of G2U1N1S1H4O1T1
- Anagrams of GUNSHOT
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun gunshot
What does gunshot mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: gunshots
- the act of shooting a gun
- examples: While he was giving the speech, the sound of a gunshot could be heard. | Tom had been released from the hospital, but he was still recovering from the gunshot wound. | Tom thought he heard a gunshot. | We were in the living room when we heard the gunshot. | We saw paramedics treating the gunshot victims. | We heard a gunshot. | Two people say they heard a gunshot. | Tom was bleeding heavily from a gunshot wound. | Tom wanted to find a doctor who would treat his gunshot wound without reporting it to the police. | Tom saw two men lying on the floor, bleeding from gunshot wounds.
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of gunshot: gunfire
- more generic words: shooting / shot = the act of firing a projectile
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun gunshot
- The act of discharging a firearm.
- The sound made by a discharging firearm.
Gunshot was a British hip hop group, formed by MC Mercury, MC Alkaline, Q-Roc, DJ White Child Rix and DJ/MC Barry Blue in the area of Leyton in east London, around 1988/1989. They were originally called Sudden Impact.
- genre: Hip hop music
- albums: "Battle Creek Brawl", "Compilation", "Patriot Games", "Twilight Last Gleaming", "International Rescue", "The Singles", "Mind Of A Razor"
- "GunShot" is a musical single of Rize.
- released on (12 years ago)
- "Gunshot" is a composition.
"Gunshot" is a 1996 thriller film directed by S.V. Krishna Reddy.
- country: India
- language: Telugu language
- director: S. V. Krishna Reddy
- edited by Ramgopal Reddy K.
- genres: Thriller, Tollywood, World cinema
- released in (20 years ago)
Gunshot: A gunshot is the discharge of a firearm, producing a mechanical sound effect and a chemical gunshot residue. The term can also refer to a gunshot wound caused by such a discharge. Multiple discharges of a firearm or firearms are referred to as gunfire. The word can connote either the sound of a gun firing, the projectiles that were fired, or both. For example, the statement "gunfire came from the next street" could either mean the sound of discharge, or it could mean the bullets themselves. It is better to be a bit more specific while writing however. "The sound of gunfire" or "we came under gunfire" would be more descriptive and prevent confusion. In the latter phrase, in particular, "fire" is more commonly used, as both words hold the same general meaning within the proper context.
- also known as shooting
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Gunshot
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dark Matter (2013)
Invisibility in Drama, Theater, and Performance by Andrew Sofer
Unlike an alienation effect, which would invite us to take up a critical perspective on the action—as, for example, Hamlet's gravedigger invites us to view tragedy through the lens ofirony—the gunshot is a trauma-effect. Its echoes carry ...
The Diagnosis, Pathophysiology and Treatment of Depressive Illness by Michael Alan Taylor, Max Fink
Gunshot is the leading cause of death by suicide for 125 7 ...
A Practical Approach by Temple Grandin
Firearms Gunshot is an acceptable means of euthanasia for all livestock. In the USA, it is the most popular method for on-farm euthanasia (Fulwider et al., 2008). Gunshot euthanizes by mass destruction of the brain. A basic principle is that a ...
by CTI Reviews
A Gunshot is the discharge of a firearm, and ...
by Samuel Johnson
GUNSHOT (GU'NSHOT) n.s.[ gun and ...
by Christopher Heath
Gunshot Injury of Nerves. — Wound of the cerebral nerves is very rare, except in conjunction with other severe injury. Branches of the fifth are sometimes wounded, and also the facial nerve. The pneumogastric has been sometimes divided in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gunshot
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Gunshot
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: quinn.anya
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Gunshot
Adding Gunshot flash - Shake PG language
See also the pronunciation examples of Gunshot!
Quotes about Gunshot
Even if I were knocked down by one gunshot it wouldn't affect our democracy and I wasn't knocked down and I have great confidence in our democracy and in Taiwan and in the people of Taiwan. (Chen Shui-bian)
more quotes about gunshot...
Scrabble value of G2U1N1S1H4O1T1
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of GUNSHOT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Gunshot!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Gunshot to see it in context!