The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun gut:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun gut
- Definition of the adjective gut
- Definition of the verb gut
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Gut
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gut
- Photos about Gut
- Videos about Gut
- Quotes about Gut
- Scrabble value of G2U1T1
- Anagrams of GUT
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun gut
What does gut mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: guts
- the part of the alimentary canal between the stomach and the anus
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of gut: bowel / intestine
- more generic terms: internal organ / viscus = a main organ that is situated inside the body
- more specific terms:
- part of: abdomen / belly / stomach / venter = the region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis
- part: hindgut = the caudal part of the alimentary canal in vertebrate embryos
- a narrow channel or strait
- a strong cord made from the intestines of sheep and used in surgery
Alternative definition of the noun gut
- The alimentary canal, especially the intestine; innards.
- [informal] The abdomen of a person, especially one that is enlarged
- [uncountable] The intestines of an animal used to make strings of a tennis racket or violin, etc.
- synonym: catgut
Definition of the adjective gut
What does gut mean as an attribute of a noun?
- Made of gut, e.g., a violin with gut strings
- Instinctive, e.g., a gut reaction
Definition of the verb gut
What does gut mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: gutted | gutting | guts
- empty completely; destroy the inside of
- remove the guts of
- example: gut the sheep
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - being] [Verb] [Source] The cook boned the fish
Verbs of Removing (with the same syntax): bark, beard, bone, burl, core, gill, head, hull, husk, lint, louse, milk, peel, pinion, pip, pit, pith, pod, poll, pulp, rind, scale, scalp, seed, shell, shuck, skin, snail, stalk, stem, stone, string, tail, tassel, vein, weed, wind, worm, zest.
- lexical domain: Contact - verbs of touching, hitting, tying, digging
- more generic terms: remove / take / take away / withdraw = remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, or taking off, or remove something abstract
Gut is a German grindcore band, often credited as fathers of pornogrind, and known for their over-the-top vocals and morbid, pornographic imagery. Natalie Purcell, in her book Death Metal Music: The Passion and Politics of a Subculture, suggests that pornogrind is defined solely on the basis of its lyrical content and unique imagery, its focus on pornographic content. Purcell does note, however, that bands like Gut include "simpler, slower, and more rock-like songs".
- genres: Pornogrind, Grindcore
- albums: "The Cumback 2006", "The Singles Collection", "Odour of Torture", "Pimps of Gore", "Pussyfied / Assyfied", "Drowning in Female Excrements (Demo)", "Hyper-Intestinal Vulva Desecration", "Girls on Acid / Masters of Gore", "Gut / Morphea", "Yellow Tea for Free / Hooker Ballett", "Gigolo Warfare / Untitled"
Who is Gut?
Gut a.k.a. Jacques Gut is a production designer and film art director.
- read more about Jacques Gut
Gut a.k.a. güt is a record label.
Gut a.k.a. Gutersloh Airport is an Airport in Germany.
- Gut is a peer-reviewed medical journal on gastroenterology and hepatology. It is the journal of the British Society of Gastroenterology and is published by the BMJ Group, which is a subsidiary of the British Medical Association. Gut has been published since 1960 and focuses on articles and original research about the gastrointestinal tract, liver, pancreas, and biliary tract.
- official website: gut.bmj.com
- Gut or kut, also spelled goot, is the ritual performed by Korean mu in the tradition of Sinism, involving offerings a sacrifices to the gods and ancestor worship, rhythmic movements, songs, oracles and prayers. The main varieties of the gut are naerim-gut, dodang-gut and ssitgim-gut.
- Gut a.k.a. Gat: A gat is a strait that is constantly eroded by currents flowing back and forth, such as tidal currents. It is usually a relatively narrow but deep passage between land masses or shallow bars in an area of mudflats. A gat is sometimes a shallower passage on lagoon coasts, including those without any tidal range.
- read more about Gat
- Gut a.k.a. RAF Gütersloh: Royal Air Force Station Gütersloh, more commonly known as RAF Gütersloh, was a Royal Air Force Germany military airfield, the nearest Royal Air Force airfield to the East/West German border, in the vicinity of the town of Gütersloh. It was constructed by the Germans prior to World War II. The station was captured by the Americans in April 1945 and was handed over to the RAF in June 1945 as Headquarters No. 2 Group RAF.
- also known as RAF Gutersloh
- Gut: A gut is narrow coastal body of water, a channel or strait, usually one that is subject to strong tidal currents flowing back and forth. Many guts are straits but some are at a river mouths where tidal currents are strong. The comparatively large quantities of water that flow quite quickly through a gut can cause heavy erosion that results in a channel deeper than the rest of the surrounding seabed, and the currents may present a hazard to ships and boats at times.
- Gut a.k.a. The Maléku Jaíka language, also called Guatuso, is an indigenous language of north central Costa Rica. It is a Chibchan language spoken by around 750 indigenous Maléku people.
- also known as Guatuso, Maléku language
- Gut is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
- Gut is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Gut
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Gut
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Ryan J. Arsenault, Michael H. Kogut
The gut is the prototypical organ for considering immunity and metabolism as an integrated whole.
Manipulationofthe gut is a multi-billion dollar target for animal industry products, including prebiotics, probiotics, antibiotics, anti-parasitics, ...
by Cecie Starr, Ralph Taggart, Christine Evers, Lisa Starr
A saclike gut is an incomplete digestive system; food enters and wastes leave through the same body opening. A tubular gut is a complete digestive system, with a mouth at one end and an anus at the other. A complete digestive system has ...
Do Something! (2010)
A Handbook for Young Activists by Nancy Lublin
Your gut is that part of your stomach that clenches when you”re nervous, flip/flops when youlre excited, gets all tingly when you”re mad, and aches a little when youlre sad. Listening to your gut is a great way to figure out how you feel about ...
How the Berlin Patients Defeated HIV and Forever Changed Medical Science by Nathalia Holt
The gut is the battleground for HIV and a broad range of infections. Following ingestion, sexual transmission, and even intravenous transmission, the gut is the first place HIV takes on the immune system. It isn't clear why this is so in the case of ...
United States Coast Pilot (1918)
Atlantic Coast. St. Croix River to Cape Cod
The easterly entrance is through Nantasket Gut, but there is also an entrance southward of Peddock Island that is frequently used by vessels bound into Weymouth Fore or Back Rivers. Nantasket Gut is a narrow channel between Peddock ...
by Kimberly Hammond
Your gut is a major player in protecting you from illness and disease, and is under attack daily: stress, environmental toxins, chemicals, antibiotics and antacids and other med's commonly popped. Amp up your defense power through eating ...
by Thomas P. Colville
c Gut is an absorbable suture that breaks down rapidly.
by John Bellenden Ker
Gut, gate, and the Dutch gat ( opening) are the same word ; a gut is a passage and so is &gate ...
by Helmut König, Ajit Varma
A precondition for successfully colonising the collembolan gut is that the bacteria resist digestion by the host. Also, successful gut bacteria in Collembola need to grow quickly, since moulting cycles frequently change the total bacterial ...
by Patricia Schenck
The gut is the shock organ of the horse II. Signs of colic A. B. Poor ...
I, Superorganism (2015)
Learning to love your inner ecosystem by Jon Turney
The gut is a different proposition. If you could remove ...
Superspace and Supergravity (1981)
Proceedings of the Nuffield Workshop, Cambridge by S. W. Hawking, M. Rocek
the minimal GUT is that based on the group SU(5) . In reaching this conclusion they used the fact that (1) has rank four and therefore the GU group must have at least rank four. The 15 left-handed ...
Parasites and Western Man (2012)
by R.J. Donaldson
Beneath the cuticle is a layer of muscle cells and lying between this layer and the gut is a fluid-filled body cavity with a high hydrostatic pressure. The sexes are separate and the male is usually smaller than the female and is distinguished in its ...
Encyclopedia of Entomology (2008)
by John L. Capinera
The primary habitat for the majority of microorganisms associated with insects is the digestive tract, especially the hind gut. The termite gut is one of the better studied examples of symbiosis, and molecular tools are improving our ability to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gut
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Gut
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Gut
Click on an item to play that video:
- Gut Meaning
Video shows what gut means. The alimentary canal, especially the intestine.. The abdomen of a person, especially one that is enlarged. The intestines of an ...
- Brief detox explanation on weight loss & gut health
Nataliekfrazier.com [email protected]
- Slang words to help you become fluent in English - Lesson 16 - Gut
Learn how to speak English fluently by learning slang words for spoken English.
- Gut Studio by Absolute Definition
Suspension Chest Press Superset.
- GUT Meaning
Video shows what GUT means. Grand unification theory.. GUT Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say GUT. Made with MaryTTS ...
- Double gut shot Meaning
Video shows what double gut shot means. A poker hand where two different ranks could complete the straight, but the new card would not be the highest or ...
- Absolute Definition - Gut Studio
- Gut Studio by Absolute Definition
- Gut Studio by Absolute Definition
- Go With Your Gut: Signature Vocabulary and Signature Response
- What Is The Definition Of Leaky gut or leaky gut syndrome
- Gut Studio by Absolute Definition
Negative Resistance Bicep Training using power bands.
- Peyton Manning priceless pep talk - gut - Check description
board in the offseason? check this out...
- Loaded Language: Obama 'Gut' spending
- How to find the hit-you-in-the gut language tha will make your audience swoon.
- PaintBall Ep.6: Strange Gut Language
See also the pronunciation examples of Gut!
Quotes about Gut
Scrabble value of G2U1T1
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine