On this page:
- Definition of the adjective Hacking
- Definition of the noun Hacking
- Phrases with Hacking
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Hacking
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Hacking
- Photos about Hacking
- Video language resources about Hacking
- Quotes about Hacking
- Scrabble value of H4A1C3K5I1N1G2
- Anagrams of HACKING
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective Hacking
What does Hacking mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more hacking / most hacking
- Short and interrupted, broken, jerky; hacky.
Definition of the noun Hacking
What does Hacking mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: hackings
- [context: computing] Unauthorized attempts to bypass the security mechanisms of an information system or network.
- [pathology] A dry coughing; the emission of a succession of short coughs.
- [sports, chiefly American football, soccer, rugby] A kick in the shins.
- [context: massage] The act of striking the muscles with the side of the hand.
- [UK, countable] A riding or journey on horseback. (Plural hackings.)
- [obsolete] The operation of working over the faces of rough or worn grindstones with a hack-hammer.
- [obsolete, masonry] The separation of a course of stones into two smaller courses, when there are not enough large stones to form a single course.
- [obsolete, gem-cutting] The cuts and grooves made in the metal laps by holding the cutting edge of a steel blade against them while in motion, for the purpose of providing receptacles or pockets for the powders using in cutting and polishing gems.
- [obsolete, brick-making] The piling of bricks for drying.
Specialised definition of the noun Hacking
Glossary of sports / soccer
kicking an opponent's legs
- Hacking a.k.a. Hacker is a term that is used to mean a variety of different things in computing.
- read more about Hacker
- Hacking is a website.
- official website: stateofhawaii.info/people/Hacking
- Hacking is a family name.
Phrases with Hacking
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Hacking
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Social Dynamics and Implications by Thomas J. Holt, Bernadette H. Schell
Nowadays, as publicized by the media, the term hacking refers to a variety of illegitimate and illegal behaviors.
The primary difference between classical hacking and modern hacking is that with the latter, being a skilled programmer is not a ...
Fates Worse Than Death (2003)
by Brian St.Claire-King
Hacking is a lot like catburglary. Hackers spend days doing research and scoping ...
Encyclopaedia Medica (1902)
by Chalmers Watson
HACKING is a form of stroke (or beating) applied to the nerve-lines when they lie near the surface. The weight of the “stroke” is varied according to the necessity of the case, by being # ied (1) by the finger-tips (tapping); (2) by the ulnar side ...
The Australia Directory (1897)
Chiefly from the Result of Various Surveys Made by Order of the Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty. South and east coasts from Cape Leeuwin to Port Jackson, including Bass Straight and Tasmania
But there are 56 fathoms, mud, at 3 miles off Wata Mooli, and 24 to 16 fathoms at one mile from the shore from Wata Mooli to Hacking point, the bottom being mostly sand. PORT HACKING is a small anchorage, suitable for coasters, on the west ...
Linking politics, education and learning by Hugh Atkinson, Ros Wade
Computer hacking is a form of cyber-activism, or 'hactivism';. It has radical and democratic potential when the aim is to subvert autocratic states and other powerfully exploitative institutions and organisations, but is decidedly undemocratic ...
The Hardware Hacker (2017)
Adventures in Making and Breaking Hardware by Andrew "bunnie" Huang
While engineering is a creative activity, hacking is an important and often underrated learning exercise. The ability to effortlessly switch modes from forward to reverse engineering is a powerful tool, and the right to hack is the foundation of a ...
120 Lessons from Lawrence of Arabia by Luan Hanratty
~Sun Zi Hacking is a danger that plagues modern businesses. Computers, phones, websites and accounts all need complex and original passwords and measures to prevent wholesale lifting of intellectual property and strategies.If you are ...
by Vakul Sharma
Hacking is an intentional and coordinated activity. It is a pre-planned process, where first a target is identified; it's security features are studied; tools are developed (passwords and programs) to gain unauthorized access and impair the normal ...
Reflections on Life in a Virtual World by Richard Thieme
Hacking means knowing how to find data in the Black Market for truth. Knowing what to do with it once it is found. Knowing how to cobble things together to build a big picture.The puzzle to be solved is reality itself, the nature of the Matrix, how ...
SQL Injection Defenses (2007)
by Martin Nystrom
Hacking is an increasingly criminal enterprise, and web applications are becoming an attractive path to identity theft. If the applications you build, manage, or guard provide access to sensitive data, this article is aimed to help you protect them.
by George Beahm
Hacking is a revered word at Facebook. As USA Today's Barbara Ortutay explained in a profile up- dated February 4, ...
by Paul J. Springer
Hacking infrastructure is used by cyber-security experts to describe the pathways adversaries use or create to conduct hacking activity. The purpose of building hacking infrastructure is to obfuscate the point of origin of the hacker and to enable ...
The Encyclopedia of Falconry (2000)
by Adrian Walker
For these and combination terms which include 'hack', see HACKING. HACKED See next entry. HACKING (The verb hack is of uncertain origin. It is perhaps related to the verb hatch (to produce young from eggs), or is a ...
by Bernadette Hlubik Schell, Clemens Martin
Hacking Lexicon. Robert Graham Website. [Online, 2001.] http:// www.linuxsecurity.com/ resource_files/documentation/hacking-dict.html. Bernie ...
by Quigley, Marian
Hacking Helps Security: This could be called the 'tiger team ethic' it is useful and courteous to find security holes, and then tell people how to fix them. • Trust, but Test: You must constantly test the integrity of systems and find ways to improve ...
Cybersecurity Lexicon (2016)
by Luis Ayala
GoogleDiggity: Traditional Google hacking tool. Google Dork: An inept or foolish person as revealed by Google. GoogleDorks: Google search queries that uncover vulnerable building control systems and/or sensitive information disclosures ...
An Encyclopedia by James Ciment
Hacking. Every new technology has been accompanied by new forms of crime, from train robbery to telephone fraud, and computers are no different. Storing vast quantities of potentially valuable information, computers have represented ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Hacking
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Hacking
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Hacking
Click on an item to play that video:
- Ethical Hacking - Definition and Purpose of Cryptography
- Hacking Vocabulary
Created using PowToon -- Free sign up at...
- Hacking cough Meaning
Video shows what hacking cough means. A small and frequent cough, usually short and dry, a broken cough with a rough and loud sound, a hacking cough.
- Ethical Hacking - Explanation of a SQL Injection Attack
- Hacking the Definition of Women in Tech - Emily Rasowsky - DevFestDC - 2015 #gdgdc
Session: Hacking the Definition of Women in Tech - Speaker: Emily Rasowsky Company: Women In Tech About us: Google Developer Group Washington, DC ...
- Hacking Explanation: Don't mess with us
- Ethical Hacking - Definition of Physical Security
- Hacking Meaning
Video shows what hacking means. Short and interrupted, broken, jerky; hacky.. Hacking Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- Funk-e Uitleganimatie - Animated Explanation Video: Fox-IT Hacking 360
Funk-e Branding is a Rotterdam and Berlin based company that produces awesome animated explanation videos in 2D to help other businesses to explain their ...
- Internet Security & Hacking explanation
- A Brief Explanation of Growth Hacking
- 0201 Wireless Terminology - Wireless Hacking and Security Course
- Hacking language learning: Benny Lewis at TEDxWarsaw
"Some people just don't have the language learning gene." To prove that this statement is patently untrue is Benny Lewis's life mission. A monoglot till after ...
- Hacking Language Learning: Dr. Conor Quinn at TEDxDirigo
Dr. Conor McDonough Quinn is a documentary linguist, endangered language revitalization worker, and avid learner and teacher of languages. Raised in ...
- Expert Enough Show Ep. 1 - Foreign Language Hacking with Benny Lewis
- Hacking Human Language - PyCon SE 2015
Hendrik Heuer Target audience: Advanced users If you convert words into numbers, you can do interesting things with them. You can compare the topics in a ...
- Language Hacking
- Language Learning: Speak from Day 1 Review (Language Hacking Guide)
- Creative Trespassing with Tania Katan: Hacking the Language of Business!
Creative Trespassing with Tania Katan: How To Hack the Language of Business!
- Language Hacking Guide - How To Learn Any Language
- [xhabie-crew] Hacking password Gmail with hydra (Dictionary Attack)
You can use server mail smtp.gmail.com and port 465 Download Video Uploaded Mediafire Here...
- Hacking Dictionary
It's All About Hacking Website...
- Router Hacking using Dictionary Attack
Using Vyatta - a virtual router and backtrack 5, a demonstration to show how to get into a configuration of a router by performing an attack using a dictionary.
- Ethical Hacking: Dictionary Generator and Password Cracking
This video demos how to create a wordlist from the command line using the crunch tool. This wordlist is then used to crack a password hash using john the ...
- Hacking the English Language
- Hacking English #4 - ESL
- Hendrik Heuer: Hacking human language
If you convert words into vectors, you can do interesting things with them. You can compare the topics in a book, make better translations and tell if a sentence is ...
- Verb Hacking Practice 1 of 4
Recorded on 17 October 2015, Saturday.
- Glyco - Hacking - SaicoPvP (Check Description For Hack Times)
Fly Hack At: 0:05, 0:37,0:57, 1:06, 1:15, 1:40 Water Walk: 1:23 Trys to tp glitch fulham down the bottm: 1:32.
See also the pronunciation examples of Hacking!
Quotes about Hacking
Scrabble value of H4A1C3K5I1N1G2
The value of this 7-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of HACKING
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Hacking!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Hacking to see it in context!