On this page:
Hala is sometimes a misspelling of hot.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Hala
What does Hala mean as a name of something?
Hala is a genus of Pisauridae, described by Jocqué in 1994.
Hala is a genus of Pisauridae.
- synonym: genus Hala
- kingdom: Metazoa
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Arachnida
- order: Araneae
- family: Pisauridae
Hala a.k.a. Awasa Airport is an airport in Awasa, Ethiopia.
- part of Ethiopia
- Hala is a fictional film character.
- Hala is afictional character from the 2009 TV series Hala wa Al Mestakhaby.
- Hala is a fictional character from the 2012 TV series İşler Güçler.
- Hala is a fictional character from the 1967 film Aguazet seif.
- Hala is a fictional character from the 1974 film The Thirsty Dead.
- Hala is a fictional character from the 2008 film On A Day Like Today.
- Hala is a fictional character from the 2009 film Abimm.
There are other characters with in their name, like Hala Hussein.
- Hala a.k.a. Ala: An ala or hala is a female mythological creature recorded in the folklore of Bulgarians, Macedonians, and Serbs. Ale are considered demons of bad weather whose main purpose is to lead hail-producing thunderclouds in the direction of fields, vineyards, or orchards to destroy the crops, or loot and take them away. Extremely voracious, ale particularly like to eat children, though their gluttony is not limited to Earth. It is believed they sometimes try devouring the Sun or the Moon, causing eclipses, and that it would mean the end of the world should they succeed. When people encounter an ala, their mental or physical health, or even life, are in peril; however, her favor can be gained by approaching her with respect and trust. Being in a good relationship with an ala is very beneficial, because she makes her favorites rich and saves their lives in times of trouble.
- read more about Ala
- Hala is a fictional setting.
- Hala a.k.a. Hala clan: Hala is a gotra or clan of the Jats found in the states of Punjab, and Uttar Pradesh in India and in the province of Sindh in Pakistan.
- read more about Hala clan
Phrases with Hala
Phrases starting with the word Hala:
Phrases ending with the word Hala:
- genus Hala
- Species Hala
- Pamphila hala
- Hylephila Hala
- Striglina Hala
- Laetmatophilus hala
- species Pamphila hala
- Species Hylephila Hala
- Species Striglina Hala
- species Laetmatophilus hala
Other phrases containing the word Hala:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Hala
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by David Ross (C.I.E.)
This is the chief town of the district, and besides the manufacture of cloths on a small scale, Hala is the centre of the manufacture of Sindh pottery, which has been long celebrated. The Pottery coarser kinds of earthenware are of clay taken from ...
Bibliotheca Indica (1907)
Hala is the name of a division in Sind (Hughes' Gazetteer, 185) and perhaps Gandam is a place name also. The Zamindars' offence was that they enabled Humayun to cross the river from Bhakkar by raising some sunken boats.
H.O. Pub (1922)
by United States. Hydrographic Office
El Hala is a sand bank about 11 miles (2.8 km.) south-southwest ward from Maghobiya Island.
by Albert William Hughes
Two miles from New Hala is the ruined town of Khudabad, once the favourite residence of the Talpur chiefs of Sind, and where the remains of several of them rest in tombs of neat but plain construction. Thornton states that about 60 years ago ...
Shared Wealth and Symbol (1986)
Food, Culture, and Society in Oceania and Southeast Asia by Lenore Manderson
Hala is the blunt, functional term, but so crude and even obscene is it that it is rarely uttered in conversation. Mere peckishness can be ...
An Essay on the Historical Practice of Power by Michael Gravers
Today hala refers to a person of South Asian ethnic origin. But it was also used ...
by Rebecca Hillauer
Hala is the boss ...
A Dictionary of the Central Nicobarese Language (English-Nicobarese and Nicobarese-English), with Appendices Containing a Comparison of Synonymous Words in the Remaining Nicobarese Forms and Other Matters, Preceded by Notes on the Grammar of the Central Form (1889)
by Edward Horace Man
chbng; lodh- hala. — (as a hill), chbng-koi : loah-hala-koi. — (as a cloud or bird), chbng-dit; loah-hala-dit.
hala, down ; bal/ein, to throw.] The destructive processes of metabolism (Мл/8.) kataphoric (kätäför'îk) a. [Gk. kata, down; pherein, to carry.] ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Hala
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Hala
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about David Hala.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Hala
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Hala!
Scrabble value of H4A1L1A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of HALA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Hala!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Hala to see it in context!