On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun haman
What does haman mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- (Old Testament) the minister of the Persian emperor who hated the Jews and was hanged for plotting to massacre them
- Haman is a fictional representation of the biblical figure of the same name.
- Haman is a fictional character from the 2007 film The Reaping.
- Haman is the main antagonist in the Book of Esther, who, according to the Hebrew Bible, was a vizier in the Persian empire under King Ahasuerus, traditionally identified as Xerxes I. As his name indicates, Haman was a descendant of Agag, the king of the Amalekites, a people who were wiped out in certain areas by King Saul and David.
- Haman: In the primary scripture of Islam, the Quran, Haman is claimed to have been close to the Pharaoh at the time of a religious prophet, Moses. The name Haman appears six times throughout the whole Qur'an, four times with Pharaoh and twice by himself, where God sent Moses to invite Pharaoh and Haman to monotheism, and to seek protection of the Israelites Haman and Pharaoh were tormenting. Referring to Moses as a sorcerer and a liar, Pharaoh and Haman rejected Moses' call to worship this God and refused to set the children of Israel free. Haman was commissioned to build a tall tower, using burnt bricks, for this Pharaoh to climb up to the God of Moses.
- Haman is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Haman
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Haman
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Essays in Honor of Everett Ferguson by Everett Ferguson, Abraham Johannes Malherbe, Frederick W. Norris, James W. Thompson
Haman is a slanderer (6idpoA.o<;, 7:4) of Jews.51 The apologetic response is that Jews are not evildoers (KCCKOUPyOIX;, E15).52 In the Hebrew Esther, the possibility of extermination had been an historical accident, the result of an ...
Haman is the mind of flesh which ...
With an Eye to the New Cycle B by Elizabeth Achtemeier
Haman vows revenge, not only on Mordecai, but on all the Jews. Indeed, Haman is a good version of an ancient Adolf Hitler, determining that all Jews, including young and old, women and children, throughout the 215 LXVII.
The Great House of God (2011)
by Max Lucado
Haman is a servant of hell and a picture of the devil himself, who has ...
by Karen H. Jobes
Haman is the enemy of the Jews. The story is not about conflict between any two hostile peoples, it is about the hostility of the world against God's people. Against all odds, in some inscrutable and mysterious way, the events of human history ...
The Complete Who's Who in the Bible by Paul D. Gardner
HAMAN, son of Hammedatha, served in the highest position under King Xerxes of Persia (Est. 3–7). When Mordecai, a Jew, refused to bow in homage to Haman, Haman grew angry and began to plot against Mordecai and all of the ...
by Tremper Longman III
Accordingly, Haman convinces the king to allow him to set a date when all theJewsmight be killed. Lots (Heb. purim, from an Akkadian loanword) are cast to choose the date, about a year later (3:7–15). Mordecai catches windof the plot and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Haman
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Haman
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: The Young Ryan G
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Haman
Meaning of Kabir Bhajan, Haman Hai Ishq Mastana
Meaning of bhajan 'Haman Hai Ishq Mastana' by Anandmurti Gurumaa. This video is an excerpt from satsang by the revered Master. Connect with Anandmurti ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Haman!
Scrabble value of H4A1M3A1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of HAMAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Haman!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Haman to see it in context!