On this page:
Who is Hamsa?
Hamsa is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Hamsa (actress)
Hamsa is an Israeli musical quintet, perhaps best described as an Israeli Spice Girls. The group was formed in 2001 by music producers Eyal Buchbut and Dror Margalit. The group got a breakthrough in the spring of 2003 with the single Chayav lamoot alai, followed by their debut album Hamsa, and shortly after disbanded, during 2004.
- Hamsa is a fictional character from the 1989 film Varavelpu.
- Hamsa is a fictional character from the 1986 film Kirathakudu.
- Hamsa is a fictional character from the 2003 film Kilichundan Mampazham.
- Hamsa is a fictional character from the 2003 film Pattalam.
- Hamsa is a fictional character from the 1992 film Kauravar.
- Hamsa is a fictional character from the 1984 film Adiyozhukkukal.
- Hamsa is a fictional character from the 2007 film Madhumasam.
- Hamsa is a fictional character from the 2004 film Vettam.
- Hamsa is a fictional character from the 1985 film Parayanumvayya Parayathirikkanumvayya.
- Hamsa is a fictional character from the 2014 film Aryan.
"Hamsa" is a musical album of Bustan Abraham.
- The hamsa is a palm-shaped amulet popular throughout the Middle East and North Africa, and commonly used in jewelry and wall hangings. Depicting the open right hand, an image recognized and used as a sign of protection in many societies throughout history, the hamsa is believed to provide defense against the evil eye. In Islam, it is also known as the hand of Fatima, so named to commemorate Muhammad's daughter Fatima Zahra.
- also known as 法蒂玛之手
- The Hamsa is an aquatic bird, often considered to be a goose or sometimes a swan. It is used in Indian and Southeast Asian culture as a symbol and a decorative element.
- also known as Hamsa bird
- Hamsa in Persian and Turkish literature, is a set of five long epic poems composed in rhyming couplet, or masnavi, form.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Hamsa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Alexandra Nocke
For him the Hamsa is a unifying element for Israeli society: The Hamsa is an older symbol than the star of David, even more Jewish than the star of David .
"Hamsa means a hidden voice." This has also been repor- ted from ' lkrimah and Ad-Dahhak. Sa' id bin Jubayr said, (mz. ujgzmva) (And nothing shall you hear except Hamsa.) "Hamsa means the secret speech and the steps of feet." ;'~,_,.z'°f ...
Kriya Yoga (2006)
The Scientific Process of Soul-culture and the Essence of All Religions by Paramahamsa Hariharananda
The coccygeal center has entered into the sacral center, the sacral into the lumbar, the lumbar into the dorsal, the dorsal into the cervical, the cervical into the medulla oblongata — then it is called hamsa. Hamsa means you are in real ...
Lila's Hamsa (2014)
A Novel of Love and Deception by Arlene Kurtis
Note: The hamsa is an amulet that in Judaism represents the hand of Miriam, the sister of Moses who placed him in the rushes. A stone in the center is thought to protect one from the evil eye. The name comes from the Hebrew for five, hamesh, ...
Hamsa is a mythical 477.
Indian Antiquary (1904)
Swan (Hamsa is a symbol for soul), while they sought him in the same shape. It is customary to bathe in it on a Sunday in Siwan, or on any parab- Bathing in it is believed to equal in merit a gift (pupya) of 1,000 COWB(14) Mm Bai, which is at a ...
by Kendyl L. R. Gibbons, William Murry
Emerson Zora Hamsa is a candidate for ministerial fellowship ...
The Religious Life of Dress (2013)
Global Fashion and Faith by Lynne Hume
The hamsa is a stylized hand with the thumb ...
Discover Relaxation and Clarity of Mind in Just Minutes a Day by Eric Harrison
HAMSA is a sensuous mantra.
by Ellen Frankel, Betsy Platkin Teutsch
The 'hamsa— from the Semitic root'meaning “five”-is a 'hand-shaped 'amulet worn to ward off the 'Evil Eye. This practice may have originated among the ancient Canaanite peoples — Philistines and Phoenicians — who would make the ...
Illustrative of the Mythology, Philosophy, Literature, Antiquities, Arts, Manners, Customs &c. of the Hindus by John Garrett
Brahma, has the Hamsa, a goose or swan. Vishnu, Garnda, half man, half bird, but now, in Southern India, identified with the Haliaetus Pondicherianus, or Brahmany-kite ; Siva, the bull ; Indra, the elephant ; Ganesa, a rat ; Kartikeya, a peacock ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Hamsa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Hamsa
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: yanivba
Photo credit: elizaIO
Mixed Media Hamsa
8x8 on 3/4" MDF Board
Hamsa: For Blessings, power, and strength. The eye wards off the evil eye of negativity
Elephant: For good luck, honor, stability
Fish: For creativity, happiness, knowledge, transformation
Heart: for the spiritual, moral, and intellectual core
Photo credit: Colleen ~ Glasstyles
Photo credit: amira_a
- Silver Oriental Hamsa with Labradorite
Photo credit: ranshoket
- HAMSA - WIP
8x8 on 1/2" MDF.
Mixed Media: glass, ball chain, mirror, jewelry charms, glass bead.
Photo credit: Colleen ~ Glasstyles
- Hamsa mini line drawings
Free download to create your own mini Hamsa.
Photo credit: alicebravecreator
- Hamsa Hand
Photo credit: Stephanie Overton
- Decorate Your car Hamsa
Photo credit: zeevveez
- Hamsa door knocker in Tunesia
Photo credit: kiera.chan
View more pictures about Hamsa Lila.
Video language resources about Hamsa
Click on an item to play that video:
- Hamsa Bracelet - All About The Hamsa Hand And Its Meaning
Hamsa bracelets are worn as protection amulets by men, women and even kids all across world. Here's a short introduction to the meaning of the Hamsa hand.
- Hamsa Meaning
Video shows what hamsa means. the Hand of Fatima. Hamsa Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say hamsa. Powered by MaryTTS ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Hamsa!
Scrabble value of H4A1M3S1A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of HAMSA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Hamsa!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Hamsa to find many related words and phrases!