The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun handlock:
Definition of Handlock
What does Handlock mean?
- shackle that consists of a metal loop that can be locked around the wrist; usually used in pairs
"Handlock" a.k.a. "Shaolin Handlock" is a Shaw Brothers film directed by Ho Meng Hua, starring Lo Lieh and David Chiang.
- also known as Le crochet mortel de Shaolin; Os Punhos de Aço Shaolin; Shi zi mo hou shou; Der Todesgriff der Shaolin; Lo Lieh, o ekdikitis ton Shaolin; Shaolin Hand Lock
- country: Hong Kong
- language: Standard Mandarin
- director: Meng Hua Ho
- producer: Run Run Shaw
- art direction by Ching-Shen Chen
- written by Ni Kuang
- cinematography by Hui-chi Tsao
- edited by Hsing-lung Chiang
- music by Frankie Chan
- costume design by Chi-Yu Liu
- genres: Martial Arts Film, Action Film, Chinese Movies, Thriller, World cinema, Action/Adventure
- released on (35 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Handlock
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Encyclopedia of Martial Arts Movies (1995)
by Bill Palmer, Karen Palmer, Ric Meyers
The Shaolin Handlock is the Lee Family's special techniQue. The only flaw with the deadly maneuver is that when using it. the sides of the body are vulnerable. To protect from such an attack. Lee had a vest made with steel plates on the sides.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Handlock
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of H4A1N1D2L1O1C3K5
The value of this 8-letter word is 18 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Handlock to find many related words and phrases!