On this page:
- Definition of the adjective haram
- Definition of the noun haram
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Haram
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Haram
- Photos about Haram
- Videos about Haram
- Quotes about Haram
- Scrabble value of H4A1R1A1M3
- Anagrams of HARAM
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective haram
What does haram mean as an attribute of a noun?
- Not lawful according to Islam.
- antonym: halal
Definition of the noun haram
What does haram mean as a name of something?
Specialised definition of the noun haram
Glossary of justice / Islamic jurisprudence
any act that is forbidden by Allah
- region: UK
- Haram is a municipality in Møre og Romsdal county, Norway. It is part of the Sunnmøre region. The administrative center is Brattvåg, the industrial center of Sunnmøre. Other important villages in the municipality include Austnes, Eidsvik, Helle, Longva, Hildrestranda, Søvik, Tennfjord, and Vatne.
- Haram: Ḥaram is an ancient city in the north of al-Jawf in modern day Yemen, at about 1100 metres above sea level. It is bordered by the Yemeni Highlands to the north, in the west by the ancient Kaminahu, in the east by the ancient Qarnāwu and in the south by the Ghayl, otherwise known as the village of al-Ḥazm.
- part of Yemen
Haram is a musical group.
- albums: "Demo", "Haram", "Drescher"
Haram is a military character and squadron leader attached to the Tysian Specials, a subdivision of the Tysian Guard in the Sacred Band of Stepsons universe.
- also known as Haram, Tysian Guard
- born in Peace Falls, Ranke, Machad
- occupation: Prodromos, professional military
- created by Janet Morris
- "Haram" is a musical album of Haram.
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Haram" is a 1990 music album by Rhoma Irama.
- released in (26 years ago)
"Haram" is a 1983 drama film written and directed by Osman F. Seden.
- starring: Fikret Hakan
- released in (33 years ago)
- Haram: Ḥarām or Haraam is an Arabic term meaning sinful. In Islamic jurisprudence, haram is used to refer to any act that is forbidden by Allah, and is one of five Islamic commandments that define the morality of human action. Acts that are haram are typically prohibited in the religious texts of the Quran and the Sunnah. The category of haram is the highest status of prohibition. Islam teaches that a haram act is recorded by an angel on the person's left shoulder. If something is considered haram, it remains prohibited no matter how good the intention is or how honorable the purpose is. A haram is converted into a gravitational force on the day of judgment and placed on mizan. Views of different madhabs can vary significantly regarding what is or is not haram.
- also known as Haraam
- Haram: The Arabic term ḥaram has a meaning of "sanctuary" or "holy site" in Islam.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Haram
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Nigerian Perspective by Kilani, Abdulrazaq O., Iheanacho, Ngozi N.
The term Boko Haram is a derivative of two Hausa words “boko” meaning “ animist” or “western education” and “haram” literally meaning “sin” or “forbidden”. ... Therefore, Boko Haram is an Islamic sect that is anti-western education and culture.
by Joy Alasia
Boko haram is a cross border extremist group operating in Nigeria, Chad, Niger and Cameroon. Boko haram is translated as western education is a forbidden. Hereinafter, boko haram means an ideology, a group and the conflict.
by Joseph Babatunde Fagoyinbo
Boko Haram: Boko Haram is a jihadist terrorist group based in the northeast of Nigeria. It is an Islamist...
Boko Haram is an indigenous Salafist group which only turned itself into a Salafist Jihadist group in 2009. It propagates that not only ...
Choreomusicological Perspectives on Maritime Southeast Asian Performing Arts by Mohd Anis Md Nor, Kendra Stepputat
Haram is an Arabic term for asinful« or aforbidden« and is the counterpart of halal, apermissible« or apermitted«. These terms are used to evaluate food ...
An Abundance of Katherines (2008)
by John Green
” 50 Haram is an Arabic word that means “forbidden by.
What is Religion? (2003)
by Lecturer in Modern Scottish Literature Robert Crawford, Robert Crawford
Haram means prohibited and usually refers to the women's quarters, but by extension it can mean sacred when applied to places. Mosques are sacred by use and the Muslim is called upon to pray five times in the day. Mecca (Makkah) is the ...
by Edward Gibbon
" Any violation by word or deed of the secrecy of the Haram is an Unpardonable offence among the Turkish nations"; and the political quarrel of the two monarchs was embittered by private and personal resentment.
Lord Lugard's Nigeria (2014)
A Century of Myopia and Acerebral Waste: A Perspective of a Post-Independence Nigerian (1914-2014) by Yinka Kolawole
Vulgar displays of wealth, especially wealth not earned by creativity or industry, are the recruitment advertisements for Boko Haram. Boko Haram is a knife. A knife is not dangerous at ...
Sects & Social Disorder (2014)
Muslim Identities & Conflict in Northern Nigeria by Abdul Raufu Mustapha
Boko Haram is a local terror group'; (Ekott 2013). Weighing in in support of the President, the ruling PDP added that poverty was not a recent phenomenon in the country 'and therefore cannot form the basis of the sudden wave of criminal ...
The A to Z of Islam (2009)
by Ludwig W. Adamec
” The areas of Mecca and Medina, the Haramayn, which are sacred and forbidden to non-Muslims. Haram is that which is forbidden and sinful and will be punished on the Day of Judgment. In jurisprudence, it is an unlawful act, ...
Lives of the Moghul Emperors (1835)
by William Daniell, Hobart Caunter, Thomas Bacon, William Finden, Edward Francis Finden, Meadows Taylor
The haram is an enclosure of such an immense extent, as to contain a separate room for every one of the women, whose number exceeds five thousand. They are divided into companies, and a * Uttara Rama Cheritra, a Hindoo drama, ...
by Paul Fieldhouse
Intoxicants, including alcohol, are also haram. Additional haram foods and practices are based on the Hadith, which is the collected sayings and actions of the prophet Muhammad, and Islamic scholars today use principles based on the Hadith ...
by John L. Esposito
Haram Legal term for what is forbidden or inviolable under Islamic law. Also describes the...
Haram is the root of the word harem, referring to women's quarters that are forbidden to any males except relatives and husbands. The word is used ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Haram
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Haram
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Al Haram.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Haram
Click on an item to play that video:
- Haram Meaning
Video shows what haram means. A sin.. Haram Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say haram. Powered by MaryTTS, Wiktionary.
- What id the Meaning of Haram and Difference B/W Halal And Haram Dr Zakir Naik
What id the Meaning of Haram and Difference B/W Halal And Haram Dr Zakir Naik Zakir Naik is an Indian Islamic preacher and "televangelist", who has been ...
- Bako haram meaning people how is live in Nageria province
- Crane and Mauro on Boko Haram: How Obama is Narrowing the Definition of Terrorist Groups
See also the pronunciation examples of Haram!
Quotes about Haram
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'haram"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of H4A1R1A1M3
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of HARAM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Haram!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Haram to see it in context!