On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun hasid
What does hasid mean as a name of something?
- a member of a Jewish sect that observes a form of strict Orthodox Judaism
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of Hasid: Chasid / Chassid / Hassid
- more generic term: Orthodox Jew = Jew who practices strict observance of Mosaic law
- member of: Chasidim / Chassidim / Hasidim / Hasidism / Hassidim = a sect of Orthodox Jews that arose out of a pietistic movement originating in eastern Europe in the second half of the 18th century
- Hasid is a fictional character from the 1989 film New York Stories.
- Hasid is a fictional film character.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Hasid
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Holy Living (1990)
Saints and Saintliness in Judaism by Louis Jacobs
cannot be a hasid means no more than...
by Daniel M. Horwitz
(While many moderns might look askance at this idea, it has actually expanded into nonHasidic Orthodox Jewry in more recent times.24) One source of this close connection between tzaddik and the individual Hasid is an idea from medieval ...
by Walter C. Kaiser
Yet as part of the ongoing line and offspring of the woman Eve, Shem, the patriarchs, Judah, and David, the hasid is the Final One who will embody all that the promise-plan of God has entailed: the Messiah himself. That Holy One/ Faithful ...
by Évangéliste de Larajasse (père.)
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
The authentic Hasid is described in terms of ASCETICISM , humility, serenity, altruism, and strict ethical behavior. The work presents the combined teachings of the three leaders of German HASIDISM during the 12th and 13th centuries: ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Hasid
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Hasid
Click on an item to view that photo:
Hasid on a Cell Phone
Photo credit: borman818
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of H4A1S1I1D2
The value of this 5-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of HASID
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Hasid!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Hasid to find many related words and phrases!