Havoc appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- Guzzling of jaunty exile wrecks havoc at damp banquet. (45 letters)
On this page:
- Definition of the noun havoc
- Definition of the verb havoc
- Phrases with Havoc
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Havoc
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Havoc
- Photos about Havoc
- Video language resources about Havoc
- Quotes about Havoc
- Scrabble value of H4A1V4O1C3
- Anagrams of HAVOC
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun havoc
What does havoc mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: havocs
- violent and needless disturbance
- examples: His statement raised havoc. | I'm in difficulties because of the demented old woman next door wreaking havoc in my fields. | Vandals wreaked havoc in the abandoned house. | The hurricane has already caused havoc in the Caribbean. | The drunken sailors wrecked havoc inside the bar. | An enormous number of insects hatched this year, wreaking havoc on crops. | The children wreaked havoc in the house.
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of havoc: mayhem
- more generic word: disturbance = the act of disturbing something or someone
Alternative definition of the noun havoc
Definition of the verb havoc
What does havoc mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: havocked | havocking | havocs
- To pillage.
- To cause havoc.
- "Havoc" is a 2005 crime drama film starring Anne Hathaway and Bijou Phillips, with Shiri Appleby, Freddy Rodriguez, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Biehn, and Laura San Giacomo appearing in supporting roles. The film is about the lives of wealthy Los Angeles, California teenagers whose exposure to hip hop culture inspires them to imitate the gangster lifestyle. They run into trouble when they encounter a gang of drug dealers, discovering they are not as street-wise as they had thought.
- also known as Caos (Havoc), Kaos, Havoc - Jovens Sem Rumo, Skoteinos kosmos, Garotas sem Rumo, Jeux de gangs, Havoc - Fuori controllo, Perturbadas, Ámok
- countries: United States of America, Germany
- languages: English Language, Spanish Language
- director: Barbara Kopple
- producers: Stewart Hall, Jack F. Murphy, John Morrissey
- executive producers: Andreas Schmid, Andreas Grosch, Jonas McCord & Sammy Lee
- production design by Jerry Fleming
- art direction by Loren Basulto
- written by Stephen Gaghan
- based on a story by Stephen Gaghan & Jessica Kaplan
- Anne Hathaway as Allison Lang
- Bijou Phillips as Emily
- Shiri Appleby as Amanda
- Michael Biehn as Stuart Lang
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Sam
- Matt O'Leary as Eric
- Freddy Rodriguez as Hector
- Laura San Giacomo as Joanna Lang
- Mike Vogel as Toby
- Raymond Cruz as Chino
- Alexis Dziena as Sasha
- Channing Tatum as Nick
- Josh Peck as Josh Rubin
- Sam Bottoms as Lt. Maris
- casting by Richard Pagano
- cinematography by Kramer Morgenthau
- edited by Nancy Baker & Gerald B. Greenberg
- music by Cliff Martinez
- costume design by Sara O'Donnell
- set decoration by Betty Berberian
- location: Los Angeles
- genres: Crime Fiction, Drama
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Havoc" is a 1972 West German thriller film directed by Peter Fleischmann. It was entered into the 1972 Cannes Film Festival.
- also known as Das Unheil, The Bells of Silesia
- countries: West Germany, France, Germany
- language: German Language
- producer: Peter Fleischmann
- production design by Heinz Eickmeyer
- written by Peter Fleischmann & Martin Walser
- Vitus Zeplichal as Hille
- Reinhard Kolldehoff as Pfarrer
- Silke Kulik as Dimuth
- Helga Riedel-Hassenstein as Mutter
- Ingmar Zeisberg as Sibylle
- Werner Hess as Dr. Raucheisen
- Christoph Geraths as Drogist
- Ulrich Greiwe as Uli Walter
- Frédérique Jeantet as Roswitha
- Gabi Will as Gabi
- Eugen Pletsch as Schüler
- Kurt Wörtz as Schüler
- Bernhard Kimmel as Deserteur
- Ludwig Beyer as Alter Waldhornspieler
- Rex Aquam Aquarillo as Rentner
- cinematography by Dib Lutfi
- edited by Odile Faillot
- genres: Thriller, World cinema, Political drama, Drama
- released on (43 years ago)
- "Havoc" is a 1977 drama film written by Klaus Rifbjerg, Ole Roos and directed Ole Roos.
- also known as Hærværk
- written by Klaus Rifbjerg
- released on (38 years ago)
"Havoc" is an adventure novel by Jack Du Brul. This is the 7th book featuring the author’s primary protagonist, Philip Mercer.
- language: English Language
- released in (10 years ago)
"Havoc" is a video game.
- genre: Action game
- "Havoc" is a musical single of Cass & Slide.
- released on (13 years ago)
- "Havoc" is a composition.
- "Havoc" is a composition performed by Joe Flizzow featuring Altimet and SonaOne.
- "Havoc" is a musical album of Funeral Mist.
- Havoc: Kejuan Muchita, better known by his stage name Havoc, is an American rapper, record producer and one half of the hip-hop duo Mobb Deep with Prodigy.
- also known as Havoc of Mobb Deep, Kejuan Muchita, Mobb Deep
- born on (41 years ago) in Queens
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Record producer, rapper
- member of musical group Mobb Deep (Vocals) between and (19 years)
- genre: Hip hop music
- albums: "The Kush", "Hidden Files", "13", "H Is Back", "13 Reloaded"
- filmography: "Murda Muzik"
- nomination: - nominated to Grammy Award for Album of the Year - "Recovery", with Eminem, Kobe, Lil Wayne, P!nk, Rihanna, Slaughterhouse, Alex da Kid, Mark Batson, Nick Brongers, Supa Dups, DJ Khalil, Dr. Dre, Jason Gilbert, Emile Haynie, Jim Jonsin, Justin Smith, Magnedo7, Mr. Porter, Robert Reyes, Makeba Riddick, Script Shepherd, Kal Dellaportas, Mauricio Iragorri, Robert Marks, Alex Merzin, Boi-1da, Joe Strange, Mike Strange, Marcos Tovar, Ryan West, Brian Gardner
- official website: www.myspace.com/havocmobbdeep
- Havoc a.k.a. Mateusz Śmierzchalski: Mateusz Maurycy Śmierzchalski, stage name Havoc, is a Polish heavy metal musician. He is best known for being the rhythm guitarist, lead guitarist, and backing vocalist for Behemoth. Since 1999 he is leading guitarist of the sludge-doom metal band Blindead.
- read more about Mateusz Śmierzchalski
- Havoc is a musical group.
- Havoc is a musical group.
- album: "Elimination Process"
- official website: www.havoc-army.com
Havoc is a school mascot.
Phrases with Havoc
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Havoc
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Battle of the Ages (2013)
by Thomas Allen Bateham
Havoc is a scout of the Gray Watch Tower a group of warriors who guard the lands. Against those at live in the Great Forest. Scouts patrol the lands while Snipers keep out a sharp eye. Galen was rouge who teamed up with them five years ago ...
by Robert Allen
make/play havoc (with something) to disrupt or damage something seriously. Havoc in this use means 'devastation, destruction', occurring earlier in the command cry havoc! given to armies as a signal for looting and seizure of spoil, as in the ...
The Dimwit's Dictionary (2002)
5,000 Overused Words and Phrases and Alternatives to Them by Robert Hartwell Fiske
wreak havoc ...
by B. Murphy
HAVOC, JACK that the detectives are completely baffled. It takes a couple of last- minute discoveries that, if they are plausible, are also a little too providential. It is not bad, only stretched a little too far. Would the dead man have burnt every ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Havoc
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Havoc
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Justin Snow
Photo credit: l3o_nardo
Photo credit: Poldy Bloom
- Bus havoc
Photo credit: feesta
- Flood havoc, Somerset Levels
Almost full, bridge over the River Tone in Curload near Taunton.
Photographer: Fran Stothard.
Reporter: Tristan Cork.
Copyright: Northcliffe Media.
Photo credit: Ninian Reid
View more pictures about wreak havoc.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Havoc
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Havoc!
Quotes about Havoc
Rats make havoc in the kitchen when the cat's a kitten.
more quotes about havoc...
Scrabble value of H4A1V4O1C3
The value of this 5-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of HAVOC
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Havoc!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Havoc to see it in context!