On this page:
"Haxan" a.k.a. "Witchcraft Through the Ages": Häxan is a 1922 Swedish/Danish silent horror film written and directed by Benjamin Christensen. Based partly on Christensen's study of the Malleus Maleficarum, a 15th-century German guide for inquisitors, Häxan is a study of how superstition and the misunderstanding of diseases and mental illness could lead to the hysteria of the witch-hunts. The film was made as a documentary but contains dramatized sequences that are comparable to horror films.
- read more about Witchcraft Through the Ages
- "Haxan" is a musical album of Barði Jóhannsson.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Haxan" a.k.a. "Häxan" is a musical album of Art Zoyd, soundtrack.
- also known as Häxan Soundtrack
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Haxan" is a musical album of Amptek.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Haxan" a.k.a. "Häxan" is a musical album of Cultes des Ghoules.
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Haxan" a.k.a. "Häxan" is a musical album of Schperrung.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Haxan" a.k.a. "Häxan" is a musical album of Bronnt Industries Kapital.
- released in (7 years ago)
Haxan a.k.a. Häxan is a musical group.
- album: "The Art of War I"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Haxan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Ancient Rockets (2012)
Treasures and Train Wrecks of the Silent Screen by Kage Baker
Haxan is a docudrama, a study of the human imagination as it attempts to explain the existence of illness, crop failures, cows that don't give milk , ...
Dictionary of Films (1972)
by Georges Sadoul, Peter Morris
HAXAN WITCHCRAFT THROUGH THE AGES Sweden 1922. Dir /Seen Benjamin Chris- tensen Photog Johan Ankarstjerne Art Dir Holst-J0rgensen Sets Richard Louw Cast Oscar Stribolt, Clara Pontoppidan, Karen Winther, Aage Hertel, Tora ...
An Encyclopedia by Philip C. DiMare
(the latter was produced by Haxan ...
by James Lewis
One early silent movie of note was the documentary-style Scandinavian film Haxan (1922), retitled Witchcraft through the Ages for the English-speaking world . The film is probably best known for its reenactments of infernal folklore, such as ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Haxan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of H4A1X8A1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 15 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Haxan to see it in context!