HEAD! appears in the following tongue twister:
- Hercules, a hardy hunter, hunted a hare in the Hampshire Hills. Hit him on the head with a hard, hard hammer and he howled horribly!
On this page:
- Head! a.k.a. Head NV is a sports equipment and clothing company, known mainly for their alpine skis and tennis racquets.
- also known as Head N.V.
- official website: www.head.com
- Head! a.k.a. Head is a brand.
- Head! a.k.a. Head is a record label.
Who is HEAD!?
Head! a.k.a. Brian Welch: Brian Phillip Welch, better known as Head, is an American musician best known as one of the guitarists and co-founder of the nu metal band Korn and his solo project Love and Death. Along with fellow Korn guitarist James "Munky" Shaffer, Welch helped develop Korn's distinctive sound, a mix of sirenlike shards of dissonant guitar that mimicked a turntablist's various effects and rumbling down-tuned riffing, that defined the nu metal aesthetic beginning in the mid-'90s.
- also known as Head, Brian Head Welch, brian_welch, Brian Phillip Welch
- born on (44 years ago) in Torrance
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Musician, songwriter, guitarist, author
- member of musical groups:
- Marriage with Rebekkah Welch between and (3 years)
- parent of
- genres: Nu metal, Alternative metal, Christian metal, Rock music, Christian rock, Hard rock, Industrial rock, Industrial metal, Gothic metal, Heavy metal
- albums: "Save Me from Myself", "Paralyzed"
- official website: www.brianheadwelch.net
- Head! a.k.a. Head were an English rock band of the late 1980s.
- Head! a.k.a. Head is a musical group.
- albums: "Heil Head!", "Metal Mike / Head"
- "Head!" a.k.a. "Head" is a 1968 psychedelic adventure comedy film musical starring television rock group The Monkees, and distributed by Columbia Pictures. Bob Rafelson and Jack Nicholson wrote and produced, and Rafelson directed.
- also known as Head: The Monkeeys
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, Italian Language
- producers: Bob Rafelson, Jack Nicholson, Bert Schneider
- written by Bob Rafelson & Jack Nicholson
- cinematography by Michel Hugo
- edited by Michael Pozen
- music by Ken Thorne
- genres: Musical, Surrealism, Cult film, Satire, Absurdism, Musical comedy, Comedy
- tagline: What is HEAD all about? Only John Brockman's shrink knows for sure!
- rating: G (USA)
- released on (47 years ago)
- "Head!" a.k.a. "Premonition" is a 1972 film written and directed by Alan Rudolph.
- "Head!" a.k.a. "Head" is a 2013 short film directed by Ivan Konstantinov.
- country: Russia
- released in
- "Head!" a.k.a. "Head" is a sculpture by Italian artist Amedeo Modigliani.
- begun in (100 years ago)
- media: limestone
- subject: Head
- "Head!" a.k.a. "Head" is a sculpture (bronze) by Tom Otterness, begun in and completed in (26 years ago).
- media: bronze
- subject: Head
- "Head!" a.k.a. "Head" - Deluxe Edition is a 2010 soundtrack album by The Monkees.
- "Head!" a.k.a. "Head" is the first full album by The Jesus Lizard. It was released on Touch and Go Records in 1990. It is their first release to feature a drummer, Mac McNeilly.
- "Head!" a.k.a. "Head" is a track from The Cooper Temple Clause's third album Make This Your Own. It was released as a five track extended play in April 2007, as what became the band's final studio release.
- also known as Head EP
- genre: Alternative rock
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Head!" a.k.a. "Head" is a song by the English singer-songwriter Julian Cope. It is the third and final single released in support of his album Peggy Suicide.
- music and lyrics by Julian Cope
- "Head!" a.k.a. "Head" is a song which first appeared on Prince's 1980 album Dirty Mind.
- music and lyrics by Prince
- "Head!" a.k.a. "Head" is a musical album of Head.
- "Head!" a.k.a. "Head" is a musical album of On Trial.
- released in (14 years ago)
Head! a.k.a. Head: Koszyczek – typ kwiatostanu groniastego. Na szerokim dnie kwiatowym gęsto osadzone są bezszypułkowe, zwykle drobne kwiaty. Mogą to być same rurkowate kwiaty lub wyłącznie kwiaty języczkowe. Najczęściej jednak na zewnątrz, jako kwiaty brzeżne umieszczone są kwiaty języczkowe, a wewnątrz kwiaty rurkowate. Zewnętrzne kwiaty brzeżne pełnią wówczas zwykle rolę powabni, mającej za zadanie zwabianie owadów, są duże i barwne, często też bezpłodne. Kwiaty w koszyczku z zewnątrz otoczone są łuskami okrywy. Często kielich kwiatów przekształcony jest w puch kielichowy. U podstawy poszczególnych kwiatów w koszyczku często znajduje się łuseczka zwana plewinką, będąca przekształconą przysadką.
- Head! a.k.a. Headmaster: A head teacher is the most senior teacher, leader and manager of a school.
- also known as Head teacher, Head, Head mistress, Principal, School principal
- Head! a.k.a. Head: A head is the cephalic part of an organism, which usually comprises the eyes, ears, nose and mouth, each of which aid in various sensory functions, such as sight, hearing, smell, and taste. Some very simple animals may not have a head, but many bilaterally symmetric forms do. Heads develop in animals by an evolutionary trend known as cephalization. In bilaterally symmetrical animals, nerve tissues concentrate at the anterior region, forming structures responsible for information processing. Through biological evolution, sense organs and feeding structures also concentrate into the interior region; these collectively form the head.
- also known as 头
- Head! a.k.a. Headland: A headland is a coastal landform, a point of land usually high and often with a sheer drop, that extends out into a body of water. The word is often used as a synonym for promontory; a headland of considerable size often being called a cape. A headland is often referred to simply as a head; either in context or in names such as Beachy Head or Koko Head.
- Head! a.k.a. Head: In linguistics, the head of a phrase is the word that determines the syntactic type of that phrase or analogously the stem that determines the semantic category of a compound of which it is a part. The other elements modify the head and are therefore the head's dependents. Headed phrases and compounds are endocentric, whereas exocentric phrases and compounds lack a clear head. Heads are crucial to establishing the direction of branching. Head-initial phrases are right-branching, head-final phrases are left-branching, and head-medial phrases combine left- and right-branching.
- also known as 中心词
- Head! a.k.a. head is a program on Unix and Unix-like systems used to display the beginning of a text file or piped data.
- also known as head command, head unix command
- Head! a.k.a. The head is a ship's toilet. The name derives from sailing ships in which the toilet area for the regular sailors was placed at the head or bow of the ship.
- Head! a.k.a. Head: The end caps on a cylindrically shaped pressure vessel are commonly known as heads.
- Head! a.k.a. Head describes deposits at the very top of the geological succession, that could not be classified more accurately. The term has been used by British geologists since the middle of the 19th century. Areas identified as head include deposits of aeolian origin such as blown sand and loess, slope deposits such as gelifluctates and solifluctates, and recently eroded soil material, called colluvium. With geologists becoming more interested in studying the near-surface environment and its related processes, the term head is becoming obsolete.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for HEAD!
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about HEAD!
At great, great remove sit the head of General Electric, the head of News Corp, the head of Viacom, or the head of this giant international corporation that wants these ratings. (Norman Lear)
more quotes about head!...
Anagrams of HEAD!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of HEAD!!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of HEAD! to see it in context!