On this page:
Horslips are an Irish Celtic rock band that compose, arrange and perform songs based on traditional Irish jigs and reels. The group are regarded as 'founding fathers of Celtic rock' for their fusion of traditional Irish music with rock music and went on to inspire many local and international acts. They formed in 1970 and 'retired' in 1980 for an extended period. The name originated from a spoonerism on The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse which became "The Four Poxmen of The Horslypse".
- Eamon Carr (Drums) between and (10 years)
- Eamon Carr (Drums) since
- Jim Lockhart (Flute) between and (10 years)
- Jim Lockhart (Flute) since
- Barry Devlin (Bass guitar) between and (10 years)
- Barry Devlin (Bass guitar) since
- Johnny Fean (Guitar) between and (8 years)
- Johnny Fean (Guitar) since
- Charles O'Connor (Vocals) between and (10 years)
- Charles O'Connor (Vocals) since
- Declan Sinnott (Guitar)
- genres: Celtic rock, Progressive rock, Rock music
- albums: "Happy to Meet, Sorry to Part", "Dancehall Sweethearts", "The Táin", "The Unfortunate Cup of Tea", "Drive the Cold Winter Away", "The Book of Invasions", "Aliens", "Live", "Tracks From the Vaults", "The Man Who Built America", "Short Stories Tall Tales", "The Belfast Gigs", "The Horslips Story", "Music from an exhibition", "Dearg Doom", "Greatest Hits", "The Best Of...", "The Horslips Collection" (disc 2), "Roll Back", "Celtic Rock, Volume Two", "Biography", "Treasury - The Very Best Of"
- official website: www.horslipsrecords.com
Who is Horslips?
Horslips a.k.a. Barry Devlin is an Irish musician, screen writer and director.
- read more about Barry Devlin
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Horslips
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Colin Larkin
Horslips This innovative and much imitated Irish folk rock band was formed in Dublin in 1970 by Barry Devlin (bass, vocals), Declan Sinnott (lead guitar, vocals) , Eamonn Carr (drums, vocals), Charles O'Connor (violin, mandolin), and Jim ...
by John Shepherd, David Horn, Dave Laing, Paul Oliver, Peter Wicke
Among those who recorded at The Manor in its early years were the Bonzo Dog Band, Horslips, and Robert Wyatt. In 1978, John Leckie produced XTC's first album, White Music, at The Manor. Hugh Padgham later produced XTC's double ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Horslips
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Horslips
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of H4O1R1S1L1I1P3S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of HORSLIPS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Horslips!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Horslips for some fun with words!