Hotel appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Let O’Hara mar a hotel.
- Not I, no hotel; cycle to Honiton.
- Let O'Hara gain an inn in a niagara hotel.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun hotel
- Phrases with Hotel
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Hotel
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Hotel
- Photos about Hotel
- Videos about Hotel
- Quotes about Hotel
- Scrabble value of H4O1T1E1L1
- Anagrams of HOTEL
- Share this page
The word hotel is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun hotel
What does hotel mean as a name of something?
Hotel is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: hotels
- a building where travelers can pay for lodging and meals and other services
- examples: The rooms in this hotel are really very bad at muffling sounds. I can hear my neighbor chewing his gum! | You can't go naked in this hotel. | I prefer a hotel by the airport. | There is a shuttle bus that goes to the Ginza Tokyu Hotel. | On Friday night, three men came into Mr White's hotel and asked for rooms. | Standing as it does on a hill, the hotel commands a fine view of the bay. | It would help us if you would reserve the following hotel during our conference. | We put up at a lakeside hotel for the night. | We stayed at a hotel by the lake. | We confirmed the hotel reservations by telephone.
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- more generic words: building / edifice = a structure that has a roof and walls and stands more or less permanently in one place
- more specific terms:
- fleabag = a run-down hotel
- hostelry / auberge / hostel / lodge / inn = a hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers
- tourist court / motor hotel / motor lodge / motor inn / court = a hotel for motorists
- resort hotel / spa = a fashionable hotel usually in a resort area
- Ritz = an ostentatiously elegant hotel
- ski lodge = a hotel at a ski resort
- holiday resort / resort hotel / resort = a hotel located in a resort area
- part: hotel room = a bedroom (usually with bath) in a hotel
Alternative definition of the noun hotel
- An establishment that provides accommodation and other services for paying guests; normally larger than a guest house, and often one of a chain
- The larger red properties in the game of Monopoly, in contradistinction to houses
- The letter H in the ICAO spelling alphabet
- [Australian-English, New Zealand-English] A public house, once traditionally providing accommodation, but now rarely
- "Hotel" is a 2001 experimental thriller film directed by Mike Figgis.
- countries: United Kingdom, Italy
- languages: English Language, Italian Language, French
- producers: Mike Figgis, Annie Stewart, Etchie Stroh
- executive producer: Andrea Calderwood
- production design by Franco Fumagalli
- written by Mike Figgis & Heathcote Williams
- based on a story by John Webster
- Fabrizio Bentivoglio as Very Important Doctor
- Max Beesley as Antonio
- Danny Huston as Hotel Manager
- Valentina Cervi as Hotel Maid
- Saffron Burrows as Duchess of Malfi
- Lucy Liu as Kawika
- Salma Hayek as Charlee Boux
- Julian Sands as Tour Guide
- David Schwimmer as Jonathan Danderfine
- Burt Reynolds as The Flamenco Manager
- Elisabetta Cavallotti as Abducted Hotel Guest
- Brian Bovell as Cardinal
- Andrea Di Stefano as Assassin
- George DiCenzo as Boris
- Nicola Farron as Hotel Guest
- Christopher Fulford as Steve Hawk
- Valeria Golino as Italian Actress
- Jeremy Hardy as Flamenco Troupe Administrator
- Rhys Ifans as Trent Stoken
- Jason Isaacs as Australian Actor
- Mark Strong as Ferdinand
- Paul McGann as Ben Carter
- John Malkovich as Omar Jonnson
- casting by Celestia Fox
- cinematography by Patrick Alexander Stewart
- edited by Adam Barton
- music by Mike Figgis, Anthony Marinelli
- costume design by Catherine Buyse Dian
- genres: Thriller, Crime Fiction, Comedy, Experimental film, Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (13 years ago)
- Hotel is an American prime time drama series which aired on ABC from September 21, 1983, to May 5, 1988, in the timeslot following Dynasty.
- begun on and completed on (26 years ago)
- 114 episodes of 60 minutes each, in 5 seasons
- country: United States of America
- created by Aaron Spelling
- regular cast:
- genres: Soap opera, Drama
- some of the awards:
- Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama nomination for James Brolin
- Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actress In A Television Series - Drama nomination for Connie Sellecca
- "Hotel" a.k.a. "Hotell" is a 2013 Swedish drama film written and directed by Lisa Langseth. It was screened in the Contemporary World Cinema section at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival.
- read more about Hotell
- "Hotel" is a 1967 Technicolor film adaptation of the novel of the same name written by Arthur Hailey. The film stars Rod Taylor, Catherine Spaak, Karl Malden, Kevin McCarthy, Michael Rennie, and Melvyn Douglas. It is directed by Richard Quine.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Wendell Mayes
- art direction by Cary Odell
- written by Wendell Mayes
- based on "Hotel" by Arthur Hailey
- Rod Taylor as Peter McDermott
- Catherine Spaak as Jeanne Rochefort
- Karl Malden as Keycase Milne
- Melvyn Douglas as Warren Trent
- Merle Oberon as The Duchess Caroline
- Richard Conte as Detective Dupere
- Michael Rennie as Geoffrey - Duke of Lanbourne
- Kevin McCarthy as Curtis O'Keefe
- Carmen McRae as Christine
- Alfred Ryder as Capt. Yolles
- Roy Roberts as Bailey
- cinematography by Charles Lang
- edited by Sam O'Steen
- music by Johnny Keating
- costume design by Edith Head & Howard Shoup
- set decoration by George James Hopkins
- genre: Drama
- rating: PG (USA)
- released on (47 years ago)
- "Hotel" is a 2004 Austrian drama film directed by Jessica Hausner. It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival.
- countries: Austria, Germany
- language: German Language
- producers: Martin Gschlacht, Susanne Marian, Philippe Bober & Antonin Svoboda
- production design by Katharina Wöppermann
- written by Jessica Hausner
- cinematography by Martin Gschlacht
- edited by Karina Ressler
- genres: Mystery, Horror, Drama
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Hotel" is a 1981 Mystery film written by Prem Manek and Kumar Ramsay and directed by Shyam Ramsay and Tulsi Ramsay.
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- directors: Shyam Ramsay & Tulsi Ramsay
- producer: Harish Shah
- art direction by R. Verman Shetty
- written by Prem Manek & Kumar Ramsay
- based on a story by Kumar Ramsay
- Rakesh Roshan as Vijay
- Prema Narayan as Chhagan's Secretary 'Shabho'
- Bindiya Goswami as Vandana
- Ranjeet as Chhaganlal Patel
- Navin Nischol as Suraj
- Krishnakant as Father
- Pinchoo Kapoor as Advocate Kapoor
- Neelam Mehra as Sushma
- Sudhir as Lalwani
- T.P. Jain as Guptaji
- Prem Bedi as Judas
- Rajendra Nath as Popatlal
- Narendra Nath as Girdharilal
- Leena Das as Dancer
- Birbal as Waiter
- Leena Das as Singer
- cinematography by Gangu Ramsay
- edited by Bimal Roy
- music by Usha Khanna
- genres: Horror, Mystery, Drama, World cinema, Bollywood
- released on (33 years ago)
- "Hotel" is a 2011 dramatic comedy science fiction short film written by Sibel Sweeney, Erika Hallqvist, Dany Ilario, Roger Gual and Nico Casavecchia and directed by Erika Hallqvist, Celia Galan Julve, Nico Casavecchia and Dany Ilario.
- country: Spain
- language: English Language
- directors: Nico Casavecchia, Dany Ilario, Celia Galan Julve & Erika Lust
- producers: Daniel W. Barbajosa, Pablo Dobner, Coke Ferreiro, Lucía Grau, Edu Ruano
- production design by Charly Alonso, Sofia Gómez Alba, Sebastian Schmidt
- written by Nico Casavecchia, Dany Ilario, Erika Lust & Sibel Sweeney
- cinematography by Cesare Danese, Julián Elizalde, Gastón García Pieragostini, Emilio Guirao, Eloi Molí & David Timmons
- edited by Diego Carcoba, Nico Casavecchia, Carlos Fontclós, Gastón García Pieragostini, Celia Galan Julve, Ibra Muñoz, Jaume Vidal
- genres: Science Fiction, Comedy, Drama
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Hotel" is a short film, directed by José Luis Alemán.
- "Hotel" is a 1976 short film directed by Heinz Emigholz.
- "Hotel" is a short drama thriller film written and directed by Tim Conrad.
- "Hotel" is a 1997 short film directed by Harry Flöter and Jörg Siepmann.
- "Hotel" is a 1965 novel by Arthur Hailey. It is the story of an independent New Orleans hotel, the St. Gregory, and its management's struggle to regain profitability and avoid being assimilated into the O'Keefe chain of hotels. The St. Gregory is supposedly based on the Roosevelt Hotel, although the old St. Charles Hotel is also cited as the basis for the novel.
- also known as "Hotel (Spanish Edition)", "Hotel (Simple English)", "Hotel (1965)"
- genre: Fiction
- subject: Language
- copyright: 1965
- "Hotel" is a play by Polly Stenham.
Hotel is a dimensional real estate game created by Milton Bradley in 1986. It is similar to Square Mile and Prize Property. In Hotel the players are building resort hotels and attempting to drive their competitors into bankruptcy.
- genres: Economic simulation, Roll and move
- "Hotel" is a song by American hip hop recording artist Cassidy, released September 23, 2003 as his debut single and the lead single from his debut studio album Split Personality. The song, produced by Swizz Beatz, features singer-songwriter R. Kelly and charted in February 2004, reaching #4 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. The song makes lyrical references to The Sugarhill Gang's "Rapper's Delight", "Chingy's "Holiday Inn", and Dr. Dre's "Housewife".
- "Hotel" is the seventh studio album by American electronica musician Moby, first released internationally on March 14, 2005 and then on March 22, 2005 in the United States. Hotel was recorded under the Pacha label and mixed at Moby's apartment, Electric Lady Studios, and Loho Studios in Manhattan, New York City. Initial quantities of the album came with a second CD of ambient music entitled Hotel: Ambient.
- "Hotel" is a musical single of Cassidy.
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Hotel": “Hotel” is a song by Tori Amos, first recorded as the tenth track on her album From the Choirgirl Hotel.
- music and lyrics by Tori Amos
- "Hotel" is a composition.
- "HOTEL" is a musical single of Kumi Koda.
- released on
- "Hotel" is a musical album of Mike Figgis, soundtrack.
- also known as Hotel Soundtrack
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Hotel" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music and lyrics by Moby
- "Hotel" is a musical EP of William Goode.
- released on
Who is Hotel?
Hotel a.k.a. Jamie Hince is a member of the musical group, The Kills.
- read more about Jamie Hince
- Hotel: The band Hotel was a power pop group that formed in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1973 and disbanded in 1982. They had a strong regional following and were loaded with highly talented musicians.
- Hotel is a musical group.
- album: "La suite de Maro Star"
- official website: hotelmusica.com
There are other groups with in their name, like Hotel X, Sun Hotel, Hotel Mama, Rock Hotel, Cheap Hotel, Hotel Hotel, Revel Hotel, Tokio Hotel, August Hotel, Drakes Hotel, Hotel Alexis, Hotel Costes, Hotel Fetish, Hotel Hunger, Hotel Lights, Empress Hotel, Hotel Persona, Hotel de Ville, Hotel La Salle.
HOTEL is an Aviation waypoint.
- also known as waypoint HOTEL, HOTEL waypoint, fix HOTEL, HOTEL fix
- Hotel is a TVB television series, premiered on 1 November 1976. Theme song "Hotel" composition and arrangement by Joseph Koo, lyricist by Wong Jim, sung by Susanna Kwan.
- Hotel is a 1997 eight-episode BBC "fly on the wall" production that followed the general day to day running of a hotel giving viewers a rare glimpse of life behind the scenes of the Britannia Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool. The series first aired 3 November 1997 on BBC One with the first episode receiving viewing figures on 11 million. The series was directed by Neil Grant and narrated by Andrew Sachs.
- begun on (18 years ago)
- 8 episodes of 30 minutes each
- country: United Kingdom
- genre: Documentary film
- British Academy Television Award for Best Factual Series nomination for Neil Grant & Belinda Cherrington
- British Academy Television Craft Award for Sound - Factual nomination for Adrian Bell, Tim Watts, Paul Roberts
- British Academy Television Craft Award for Editing - Factual nomination for Guye Henderson, Richard Cox, John Thomas
- Hotel is a South Korean TV program broadcast in 1995 on MBC.
- Hotel is a crime drama series that airs on TVOne Global.
- country: Pakistan
- genres: Police procedural, Suspense, Thriller, Crime Fiction
- official website: www.tv1online.tv/dramas/hotel.html/ Official Website
- Hotel is a 2014 theater production of the play by Polly Stenham.
- Hotel is the sixth episode of the first season of the 2008 web series Mayne Street. It premiered Tuesday, December 2, 2008.
- also known as Hotels
- hotel is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
- Hotel is a print ad.
- Hotel a.k.a. Hôtel is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
Phrases with Hotel
Phrases starting with the word Hotel:
- hotel bill
- hotel plan
- hotel room
- hotel clerk
- hotel manager
- hotel detective
- hotel occupancy
- hotel desk clerk
Phrases ending with the word Hotel:
- Love Hotel
- Condo hotel
- motor hotel
- resort hotel
- Crowbar Hotel
- telecom hotel
- Welfare Hotel
- maitre d'hotel
- Where Can I Find a Hotel
View more phrases with the word Hotel in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Hotel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Prabhakar Prasad
The Hotel is a Singapore Chinese thriller drama which was telecast on Singapore's television station, Mediacorp, in 2000.
by Pragati Mohanty
A hotel is an institution or a building in which are provided lodgings, meals and other services for the travelling public2. It is a business enterprise having a building for public accommodation that furnishes lodging and usually provides meals, ...
Star hotel is the professional supporting service of the tourist spot, the tourist attracted by the tourist spot are the huge potential market. Therefore, the hotel should be close to the tourist spots as much as possible. The hotels are mainly near the ...
by Sarina Singh, Lindsay Brown, Paul Clammer, Rodney Cocks
If you wish to stay in the heart of colourful Anarkali Bazaar, this small, no-frills hotel is a good budget option.
Thus, a hotel is a house for entertaining strangers or travelers, -an inn. Shewan...
Rhinos in the Rough (1993)
A Golfer's Guide to Kenya by Tina L. Quick, Jonathan D. Quick
The Nairobi Serena Hotel is a modern, upscale international class hotel. Guests may play golf, free of charge, at Royal...
The Panafric Hotel is an international class hotel located on Kenyatta Avenue. It has a large pool and both indoor and ...
Over 7,100 terms on Airlines, Tourism, Hospitality, Cruises, Car Rentals, GDS, Geography, Climate, Ecology, Business, Customs, and Organizations Subjects by Homero E. Martinez
Its objective is to increase hotel industry revenues and to be the best distribution tool. This will be done by: Optimizing the use of current technology, InÀuencing development of current and emerging electronic distribution channels, Training, ...
The Bedside Dream Dictionary (2007)
by Silvana Amar
Because a hotel is a ...
by Jan Harold Brunvand
Variants and Versions plained that the mother is discovered to have bubonic plague and that this means is used to prevent panic and also loss of business to the hotel. In one of the earliest essays on any urban legend, the popular writer ...
Compiled from the Most Authentic Sources by George W. Matsell
It is sometimes called a " hotel." For instance, a gambler who has been playing, finally gets " broke ;" but the love of play which from habit has become a second nature in him, causes him to linger behind to see the luck of others at the table.
by Allan Beaver
hotel representation hotel room access Source: MKG Consulting Database June 2004; for...
THE PLOUGH HOTEL is replete with every comfort. Loose boxes for hunters. CHESTER —THE GROSVENOR HOTEL, situated in the centre of the city. THE QUEEN RAILWAY HOTEL stands in its own ground*. Porters meet all trains.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Hotel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Hotel
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: wka
Leuchtende Hotel-Front in Benidorm
Photo credit: zweiff
Photo credit: llee_wu
Beaconsfield Hotel, backdoor
Photo credit: Pinc Floit
Photo credit: [Parafernálica !
Hotel Club Andaman
Photo credit: bollin
Amsterdam. Agosto '10.
Photo credit: Radio Saigón
Hotel, dulce hotel
Photo credit: Roberto Latxaga
Photo credit: hectorthebat
Photo credit: 一人寿司-Hitori Sushi
Photo credit: Steve Snodgrass
Photo credit: mrhayata
Photo credit: quinn.anya
5* hotel in Mauritius
Photo credit: Tiger Samurai
- Kincaid Hotel
Kincaid Hotel, Uvalde, Texas. Pan American-Trek using Google Street View.
Photo credit: kevin dooley
- Bee Hotel
Photo credit: lightfetcher
View more pictures about Hotel Lobby.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Hotel
Click on an item to play that video:
- English Vocabulary: Hotel
- Learn English Travel Vocabulary Hotel
This video helps you to learn new useful words and expressions for the topic Travelling, Hotel. You will find out a lot of words related to booking a room in a hotel ...
- Check Out Idioms Hotel Vocabulary Check Out Time Vacation Vocabulary Travel Phrasal Verbs with Out
Example: Let's check out of the hotel at 11:00 am. Check Out Idioms Hotel Vocabulary Check Out Time Vacation Vocabulary Travel Phrasal Verbs with Out Verb ...
- Hotel dream meaning from auntyflo.com
- Hotel vocabulary video
- Plan B Consultants - Hotel B2B Sales Cycle Explanation
- Let's Play Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - 26 - An Explanation
Chapter 10 Kyle and Louis have just found a hidden door in the secret underground area of Hotel Dusk. They find definitive proof that the coded message he ...
- Hotel Suites Cristina: suites description -- English
The hotel is located in San Jose, Costa Rica. This video shows the main advantage of the hotel: for the price of one room you get a fully equipped apartment with ...
- ESL - Booking a Hotel
No copyright infringement intended... Original video from...
- The Verb Hotel is the Talk of the Town at Boston's Fenway Park
Not only is New York Yankee Derek Jeter playing his final game against the Boston Red Sox in iconic Fenway Park, but The Verb Hotel reconnects with Boston's ...
- ESL Booking a Hotel
- Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks Job Description
Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks Job Description.
- Hotel Verb Charts
- Hotel entertainer Job Description
ISMA student tells about her experience working as hotel entertainer (animator). Hard work, but a lot of fun and excitement!
- FO CIPUTRA HOTEL SMG feat NIKIMUZIEKU Faculty of Language and Art UNIKA Soepra
Gado Gado Semarangan + Jaranan Indonesia independence day 70th 17 August 2015 at lobby area HCS director by: Agnes Indah S Gamelan Players: Miekho, ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Hotel!
Quotes about Hotel
We stay in U2's hotel. They bought a hotel, The Clarence, a nice place and it's in an area where everything's happening, so many fantastic restaurants and bars and the people are so friendly. (Bonnie Tyler)
more quotes about hotel...
Scrabble value of H4O1T1E1L1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of HOTEL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Hotel!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Hotel to see it in context!