The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun human body:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun human body
What does human body mean as a name of something?
- alternative names for the body of a human being
- example: Leonardo studied the human body
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of human body: anatomy / bod / build / chassis / figure / flesh / form / frame / material body / physical body / physique / shape / soma
- more generic terms: body / organic structure = the entire physical structure of an organism
- more specific terms:
- part of: individual / mortal / person / somebody / someone / soul = a human being; homo / human / human being / man = any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage
- "Human Body" is a book by Richard Walker.
- also known as "The human body"
- subjects: Human anatomy, Human physiology, Physiology
- "Human body" is a book by H. Newell Martin.
- also known as "The human body: an elementary text-book of anatomy, physiology and hygiene"; "Human body: a text-book of anatomy, physiology and hygiene"
- "Human Body" is a written work.
- author: Steve Parker
- The human body is the entire structure of a human being and comprises a head, neck, trunk, arms and hands, legs and feet. Every part of the body is composed of various types of cell.
- also known as 人体
- Human Body is an exhibition subject.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Human body
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Russell Grant
Human body. KNOB See. Doors. KNOCKING See: Sounds. KNUCKLE See. Human body. LAMB See. Animals. LARD See. Food. LARYNGITIS See. Ill-health. LAVENDER See. Flowers, Smells. LEAD See. Metals. LEEK See. Vegetables.
by Nancy Allison
The Confucian ideals describe an integrated system within the human body that reflected the orderly social structure finally made possible in ...
by Evelyn B. Kelly
The human body is made up of 100 trillion cells.
by Diagram Group
THE SCIENCES alveolus physiology: the human body amino acids Organic compounds that form. abdomen atria areola cerebrum cerebellum coccyx diaphragm epidermis fallopian tubes forebrain.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Human body
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Human body
Click on an item to view that photo:
Human Body Slices
Taken at the Minnosota Science Museum: Human Body Gallery.
Creative Commonse Licensed photo by ideonexus.com. Please feel free to take and reuse for any purpose!
Photo credit: Ryan Somma
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Human body
Click on an item to play that video:
- Learn English - Human Body Vocabulary
30 English human body words with English audio Visit...
- Persia Club Farsi / Persian Lessons: Persian / Farsi Vocabulary: Human Body
- Introduction to Human body, Terminology and Cytology
- Las Olas Chemist Skin cream VOCABULARY of Human Body Free English Lessons
Another free English Lesson... when you learn the parts of the body, learn about the INJURIES and how to fix problems. What are the REMEDIES ?
- Dariusz SPC Concept 13 Human Body Joints Terminology by Rock 10June2012
- QUICK TIP 2 Dog Bite Prevention "Human body language around dogs"
- How Human Body Language Will Shape the Future of Robotics - Guy Hoffman | SDF2014
Roboticist Guy Hoffman questions the assumption of 'predictable, uncreative robots' by developing robots that "think with their bodies". The key to the future of ...
- Human Body - English Language
- Somali Language for English Speakers. 5.4: Human Body
Learn Somali Language in Easy Steps .Read, Write and Speak Somali.
- 60 Sentences Human Body Parts : Module 3 : English Language Training
Module 3 : English Language Training English & Hindi 1 ) To introduce the user to fundamental information related to Numbers, Alphabets, Names of Months ...
View more videos about The Human Body.
See also the pronunciation examples of Human body!
Quotes about Human body
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Human body to see it in context!