On this page:
Ida is sometimes a misspelling of idea.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ida
What does ida mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- an agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank
"Ida" is a 2013 Polish-Danish drama film directed by Polish-British Paweł Pawlikowski. The film has been selected as the Polish entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 87th Academy Awards. It has won most prestigious Polish and European industry awards, including Best Film given by Polish Film Academy, and Best Film awarded by European Film Academy.
- also known as Sister of Mercy
- countries: Poland, Denmark, United Kingdom
- language: Polish Language
- producers: Eric Abraham, Piotr Dzięcioł, Ewa Puszczynska
- executive producer: Christian Falkenberg Husum
- production design by Marcel Sławiński & Katarzyna Sobańska-Strzałkowska
- written by Rebecca Lenkiewicz & Paweł Pawlikowski
- Agata Kulesza as Wanda Gruz
- Agata Trzebuchowska as Ida Lebenstein
- Joanna Kulig as Singer
- Dawid Ogrodnik as Musicain
- Adam Szyszkowski as Feliks Skiba
- Jerzy Trela as Szymon Skiba
- Artur Janusiak as Militiaman
- Marek Kasprzyk as Man in Bar
- Halina Skoczynska as Mother superior
- Pawel Burczyk as Lawyer
- Mariusz Jakus as Bartender
- Izabela Dabrowska as Waitress
- Anna Grzeszczak as Neighbour of Krzysztof Skiba
- cinematography by Ryszard Lenczewski & Lukasz Zal
- edited by Jarosław Kamiński
- music by Kristian Eidnes Andersen
- costume design by Ola Staszko
- genre: Drama
- rating: G, PG-13 (USA)
- released on
- some of the awards:
- Polish Academy Award for Best Film nomination for Paweł Pawlikowski
- Polish Academy Award for Best Actress (as Wanda Gruz) nomination for Agata Kulesza
- Polish Academy Award for Best Screenplay nomination for Rebecca Lenkiewicz & Paweł Pawlikowski
- Polish Academy Award for Best Director nomination for Paweł Pawlikowski
- Polish Academy Award for Best Cinematography nomination for Lukasz Zal & Ryszard Lenczewski
- Polish Academy Award for Best Costume Design nomination for Ola Staszko
- Polish Academy Award for Best Editing nomination for Jarosław Kamiński
- Polish Academy Award Discovery of the Year (Actor) nomination for Agata Trzebuchowska
- Polish Academy Award Discovery of the Year (Cinematographer) nomination for Lukasz Zal
- Polish Academy Award for Best Production Design nomination for Katarzyna Sobańska-Strzałkowska & Marcel Sławiński
- Polish Academy Audience Award nomination for Paweł Pawlikowski
- David di Donatello for Best European Film nomination for Paweł Pawlikowski
- Polish Academy Award for Best Film, received by Paweł Pawlikowski
- Polish Academy Award for Best Actress, received by Agata Kulesza
- Polish Academy Award for Best Director, received by Paweł Pawlikowski
- Polish Academy Award for Best Editing, received by Jarosław Kamiński
- official website: www.musicboxfilms.com/ida-movies-98.php
"Ida" is an 1820 book written by Caroline von Briest.
- author: Caroline de la Motte Fouqué
- released in (195 years ago)
- Ida is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Last Sentence.
- Ida is a fictional character from the 2011 film She Monkeys.
- Ida is a fictional character from the 1978 film The Meetings of Anna.
- Ida is a fictional character from the 2012 film Love Is All You Need.
- Ida is a fictional character from the 1969 film Pigpen.
- Ida is a fictional character from the 1985 TV Movie Emila nedarbi.
- Ida is a fictional character from Malcolm in the Middle TV series.
- also known as Grandma Ida
- Ida is a fictional character from the 1947/2010 film Brighton Rock.
- Ida is a fictional character from the 1957 film Totò, Vittorio and the Doctor.
- Ida is a fictional character from Liquidation.
- Ida a.k.a. Idina is a fictional character from the 1970 film Metello.
- read more about Idina
- Ida is a soulless android from outer space masquerading as a cranky librarian. Like many things in the Middleverse, not much is known about her other than she is the only link between all of the Middlemen. She is the one thing that has been there since the inception of the Middleman program. The only evidence to her origins come from what she can do, which seems to be almost anything. She has been able to interface with every electronic device she has come in contact with thus far and can also produce a number of weapons. She also used to have the ability to change her personality and appearance until her circuits got stuck on domineering schoolmarm. She can also apparently operate with her head severed from her body.
- Ida is a fictional character from the 1955 film Rauschende Melodien.
- Ida is a fictional character from See How They Run.
- Ida is a fictional character from the film Black Cat, White Cat.
- Ida a.k.a. Ida Svensson is a fictional character from the film series Emil i Lönneberga.
- read more about Ida Svensson
- Ida is a fictional character from the book Your Blues Ain't Like Mine.
- Ida is a fictional character in the 2009 dramatic historical/war film City of Life and Death.
- Ida is a fictional character from the Crocodile Dundee film series.
- Ida is a fictional character from Sandor / Ida.
- "Ida" is a musical album of Ida Bois.
- released in (9 years ago)
- "Ida" is a composition.
- "IDA" is a composition.
- music by Carla Bley
- Ida is an indie rock band from New York City. They are known for their three part harmonies, sparse, minimal, often quiet arrangements, and for their three singer-songwriters. Their music shows strong folk, pop, punk, world, R&B, and American roots music influences, but there are also avant garde and experimental aspects to their sound.
- member of musical group The Ida Retsin Family
- genres: Indie rock, Alternative rock, Dream pop, Baroque pop, Indie folk, Acoustic music
- albums: "Ten Small Paces", "Losing True", "Will You Find Me", "The Braille Night", "Heart Like a River", "I Know About You", "Live at Carnegie Hall", "Tales of Brave Ida", "Lovers Prayers", "My Fair, My Dark", "Angel Hall", "Post Marked Stamps No. 1", "Shhh..."
- official website: www.idamusic.com
- Ida appeared in the Troop 1500 documentary film.
- Ida is the mother of Rona Barrett.
- parent of Rona Barrett
- Ida is the daughter of Johanna Von Brömssen.
- born in (16 years ago), child of Johanna Von Brömssen
- Ida is a village in Caddo Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 221 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Shreveport–Bossier City Metropolitan Statistical Area. Ida and nearby Rodessa are the most northwesterly communities in Louisiana.
- The Ida is a 57km long tributary of the river Bodva in eastern Slovakia.
- part of Slovakia
- Ida a.k.a. Ida Township is a civil township of Monroe County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 4,949 at the 2000 census. The township was organized in 1837 and was named after Ida M. Taylor, a local civic leader. The township is served by Ida Public Schools.
- read more about Ida Township
- Ida a.k.a. Idaho Falls Regional Airport is a city owned, public use airport located two nautical miles northwest of the central business district of Idaho Falls, a city in Bonneville County, Idaho, United States. It was formerly known as Fanning Field.
- Ida a.k.a. Ida, Arkansas: Ida is an unincorporated community in Cleburne County, Arkansas, United States. Ida is located on Arkansas Highway 25 9 miles northeast of Heber Springs. Ida has a post office with ZIP code 72546.
- read more about Ida, Arkansas
- Ida a.k.a. Ida, Virginia: Ida is an unincorporated community in Page County, in the U.S. state of Virginia.
- read more about Ida, Virginia
- Ida a.k.a. Ida, Kentucky: Ida is an unincorporated community within Clinton County, Kentucky, United States. Its post office is closed.
- read more about Ida, Kentucky
- IDA a.k.a. The International Dark-Sky Association is a United States-based non-profit organization incorporated in 1988 by founders Dr David Crawford, a professional astronomer, and Dr Timothy Hunter, a physician/amateur astronomer. The mission of the IDA is "to preserve and protect the night time environment and our heritage of dark skies through quality outdoor lighting." Light pollution is the result of outdoor lighting that is not properly shielded, allowing light to be directed into the eyes and the night sky. Light that shines into the eyes is called glare and light shining into the night sky above the horizon causes skyglow. Lighting can also cause light trespass when it is directed into areas that it is not wanted, e.g., a neighbor's yard and windows.
- read more about International Dark-Sky Association
- The Ida is a kind of sword used by the Yoruba people of West Africa. It is a long sword with a narrow to wide blade and sheathe. The sword is sharp, and cuts on contact but typically begins to dull if not sharpened regularly. It can be single-edged or double-edged. These blades are typically heavier by the tip of the blade.
- Ida a.k.a. Idu-Mishmi Language: The Idu Mishmi language is a small language spoken by the Mishmi people in Dibang Valley district of the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh and in Zayü County of the Tibet Autonomous Region, China. There were 8569 speakers in India in 1981 and 7000 speakers in China in 1994. It is considered an endangered language.
- read more about Idu-Mishmi Language
- IDA a.k.a. Inferred from Direct Assay is a gene ontology group membership evidence type, gene group membership evidence, gene ontology group membership evidence.
- read more about Inferred from Direct Assay
- Ida is a restaurant at Ida Aalbergin tie 1, Pohjois-Haaga, Helsinki, Finland.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ida
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Mathias Ericson, Ulf Mellström
IDA is the result of cooperation and information sharing between a number of different groups, a cooperation made...
The Legacy of Mount Ida (2016)
by Don Rittner
Mount Ida is a large delta covered with lake silt and sand. It is an artifact from a time when the Hudson Valley was...
Mount Ida is the product of glacial activity over the last 10,000 years. The Poestenkill created a large delta into Glacial Lake ...
An Essay in Ancient Indian Ritual by J. C. Heesterman
"Hither is called Ida [pause], the daughter of Manu with the ghee dripping footprint, the maitravaruni, the god-made brahman...
Understanding Terrorism (2012)
Challenges, Perspectives, and Issues by Gus Martin
Al-Qa'ida is a loose network of Islamic revolutionaries; it is unique compared with other movements because it •• holds no territory, •• does not champion the aspirations of an ethnonational group, •• has no “top-down” organizational structure, ...
Selected Topics in Point-Set Topology by Jean Goubault-Larrecq
The identity morphism idA is the identity map from A to A, and composition is function ...
Advances in Theory and Applications by Ganesh R. Naik
IDA is an iterative process that enables the combination of human expertise and computational models to...
IDA is a multidisciplinary discipline that comes from the intersection of several research fields, the most important ones are statistics ...
Issues in Risk Management by Matteo Vaccani
The alleged abuse of hawala systems in the case of the African embassy bombing by al Qa'ida is a case in point, as the operative in question requested emergency funds after unexpectedly surviving the attack (see above). ARS can be ...
Plant Spirit Journey (2009)
Discover the Healing Energies of the Natural World by Laura Silvana
Ida is an experience for ...
by J.H. Beers
Ida is the wife of Frank Dietrich, who lives on the old N eri Dietrich farm near Friedensburg and is a very successful agriculturist. They have one son, Claudie. ( 3) Katie is married to Robert Fenstermaker, and has two children, Norman and ...
by Mark Juergensmeyer, Wade Clark Roof
Organizational Structure Al-Qa'ida proper is a relatively small organization that is divided into two basic levels. First, there are a few dozen members of the majlis alshura (“consultative council”), which is internally subdivided into several ...
by David Seddon
alQa'ida subsequently developed, particularly after the end of the war ...
1500 Species in Cultivation by I. F. La Croix
Ida barringtoniae (J. E. Smith) A. Ryan & Oakeley SYN. Lycaste barringtoniae ( J. E. Smith) Lindley Pseudobulbs 8×5 cm. Leaves 50 × 7 cm long. Scapes 6 cm long. Flowers nodding, 3.5 cm wide, not opening wide, greenish yellow to tawny- ...
by Jennifer R. March
Ida A Cretan nymph: see ADRASTEIA. Ida, Mount The name of two famous mountain ranges, one in central Crete and the other in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ida
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ida
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Ida
Click on an item to play that video:
- Ida EC // Holly Definition
- Explanation: IDA Programs, and the New Century IDA
- Ida'an Meaning
Video shows what Ida'an means. A Malayo-Polynesian language spoken by the Ida'an people of Sabah, Malaysia. Ida'an Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Education Book Review: Instant Vocabulary by Ida Ehrlich
- Pawel Pawlikowski IDA Wins Best Foreign Language Film Oscar 2015 FULL SPEECH LIVE
Pawel Pawlikowski IDA Wins Best Foreign Language Film Oscar 2015 FULL SPEECH LIVE.Polish director Pawel Pawlikowski went from directing a ...
- Ida Wins Best Film Not in the English Language - BAFTA Awards 2015
Ida Wins Best Film Not in the English Language - BAFTA Awards 2015 Kevin Spacey Acceptance Speech Winner Bafta Awards 2015 HD 'Boyhood' Wins Best ...
- Pawel Pawlikowski "Ida," Poland Win BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM 87th Awards
pawel pawlikowski win BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM.
- 'Leviathan,' Ida' Among Foreign-language Oscar Contenders
Movies that tackle the cruelties of existence with humanity and humor are finalists for the Academy Award for best foreign-language film. Among the finalists ...
- Ida Wins Best Film Not in the English Language - Acceptance Speech Winner Bafta Awards 2015
Ida Wins Best Film Not in the English Language - Acceptance Speech Winner Bafta Awards 2015 Full Show Bafta Awards 2015 Full Show, 68th British Academy ...
- IDA Director Pawel Pawlikowski: Golden Globe Foreign Language Film Symposium 2015
Pawel Pawlikowski, director of Golden Globe nominee IDA (Poland/Denmark), discusses the film's setting of Poland 1962, an era where the impact of WWII was ...
- The Language Challenge m. Ida
Hej allesammen! Her er endnu en video med Ida! :) Tusind tak fordi at Links: Idas instagram: @idalyngsie Min instagram: @Mylifeasmajac Tumblr: ...
- Poland's "Ida" wins the Academy Award for best foreign language film
United States, Feb 23 (ANI): Black-and-white Polish drama "Ida" won the Oscar for best foreign language film, capping a successful awards season run in which ...
- Words of Life Ida'an: Begahak People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life Ida'an: Begahak People/Language Movie Trailer c00870 [c00870t] Other names for this language are: Begahak; Begahak Kadazan; Begak ...
- Oscars: Poland's 'Ida' Wins Best Foreign Language Film
Poland's "Ida," about a young nun who discovers a dark family secret dating back to the years of the Nazi occupation, won the best foreign language movie ...
- IDA Data Discovery Challenge - Prototype Demo and Description
Prototype Demo and Description.
- IDA Wins Foreign Language Film Poland
See also the pronunciation examples of Ida!
Quotes about Ida
More fluent than Qas Bin Sa'ida.
more quotes about ida...
Scrabble value of I1D2A1
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of IDA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ida!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ida to see it in context!