The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective immediate:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective immediate
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Immediate
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Immediate
- Photos about Immediate
- Video language resources about Immediate
- Quotes about Immediate
- Scrabble value of I1M3M3E1D2I1A1T1E1
- Anagrams of IMMEDIATE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective immediate
What does immediate mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more immediate / most immediate
- of the present time and place
- example: the immediate revisions
- similar: present
- very close or connected in space or time
- having no intervening medium
- immediately before or after as in a chain of cause and effect
- examples: the immediate result | the immediate cause of the trouble
- similar: proximate
- performed with little or no delay
Alternative definition of the adjective immediate
- happening right away, instantly, with no delay
- Very close; direct or adjacent.
- Immediate Music, LLC is a music composition company based in Santa Monica that is notable for providing a specialized library of high-end trailer music for commercial motion pictures. Since 1992, Immediate Music has licensed music from its library to hundreds of theatrical trailers and television spots for all the major Hollywood studios. The company's music has been featured in the trailers for films such as Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Avatar, Iron Man, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Coraline, Kingdom of Heaven, Dante's Peak, Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant, X-Men: The Last Stand, the Matrix films, the Spider-Man films, The Wolfman, Assembly and the Harry Potter films.
- also known as Immediate Music; Immediate Music, LLC
- albums: "Trailerhead", "Trailerhead: Saga", "Trailerhead: Triumph", "Trailer Beast - Heroes, Legends And Ogres", "The Demon Within", "Trailerhead: Nu Epiq"
- official website: immediatemusic.com
- Immediate a.k.a. Immediate Records was a British record label, started in 1965 by The Rolling Stones' manager Andrew Loog Oldham and Tony Calder and concentrating on the London-based blues and R&B scene.
- read more about Immediate Records
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Immediate
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Building Data Models with PowerPivot by Alberto Ferrari, Marco Russo
The word immediate means that Refresh usually starts within a minute. Select this check box if you want to verify that the data refresh will run properly. The E- mail Notifications section simply defines users who have to receive automated e- mail ...
immediate destination — (*) The next destination of a ship or convoy, irrespective of whether or not onward routing instructions have been issued to it. immediately vital cargo — (*) A cargo already loaded which the consignee country regards ...
by Lila R. Gleitman, Barbara Landau
The Immediate Cause Linking Rule is intended to apply to the argument that causes the eventuality denoted by both internally and externally caused verbs. First, we consider internally caused verbs such as laugh or play. The verb laugh's ...
A Dictionary of Dentistry (2010)
by Robert Ireland
immediate. denture. n. See DENTURE. immediate. life. support. (ILS) See BASIC LIFE SUPPORT. immobilization. n. See FIXATION.
by David E. Marcinko, MBA, CFP, CMP
EMERGENCYCENTER: Short-term care facility for medical problems requiring immediate attention. See Urgent Care Center. EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT: See ER. EMERGENCY EXPENSE BENEFITS: See Funeral or Emergency Expense ...
A Systematic Treatise on the Theory and Practice of Surgery by John Ashhurst
They recognize no limitations as a rule, and an article ma}' be found recommending even the immediate treatment of intra-articular fractures by massage and manipulation, and quoting successful cases 3 treated in tins way. With regard to the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Immediate
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Immediate
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: BinaryApe
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Immediate
Click on an item to play that video:
- Immediate Meaning
Video shows what immediate means. Happening right away, instantly, with no delay.. Very close; direct or adjacent.. Manifestly true; requiring no argument..
- An Easy Explanation of Immediate Annuities
Don McNay gives a simple and easy explanation of immediate annuities.
- Funk-e Animated Explanation Video: Capgemini Immediate
Funk-e Branding is a Rotterdam and Berlin based company that produces awesome animated explanation videos in 2D to help other businesses to explain their ...
- "Meaning of Namaste" by Anil Gupta, Author of Immediate Happiness
Anil Gupta explains the significance of this greeting that he has used for 40 odd years in complete ignorance.It is simple and powerful and full of a deeper ...
- Vocabulary - "Immediate" & "Jeopardize"
By Anil Sherry "English Fluency Coach"
- Brand New Term / Brand New Meaning: Immediate Reactions
- Immediate mode Meaning
Video shows what immediate mode means. A mode in which the application is directly responsible for rendering graphics to the display, contrasting with ...
View more videos about Immediate Family.
See also the pronunciation examples of Immediate!
Quotes about Immediate
Scrabble value of I1M3M3E1D2I1A1T1E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of IMMEDIATE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Immediate!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Immediate to see it in context!