Impromptu appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Seuss impromptu ode: kestrel alerts eked out PM or PM issues.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun impromptu
- Definition of the adjective impromptu
- Definition of the adverb impromptu
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Impromptu
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Impromptu
- Photos about Impromptu
- Video language resources about Impromptu
- Quotes about Impromptu
- Scrabble value of I1M3P3R1O1M3P3T1U1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun impromptu
What does impromptu mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: impromptus
- an extemporaneous speech or remark
- a short musical passage that seems to have been made spontaneously without advance preparation
Definition of the adjective impromptu
What does impromptu mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more impromptu / most impromptu
- with little or no preparation or forethought
Alternative definition of the adjective impromptu
- Improvised; without prior preparation; extemporaneous; unplanned.
Definition of the adverb impromptu
What does impromptu mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- "Impromptu" a.k.a. "Impromptus": Franz Schubert's Impromptus are a series of eight pieces for solo piano composed in 1827. They were published in two sets of four impromptus each: the first was published in the composer's lifetime as Op. 90, and the second was published posthumously as Op. posth. 142. They are now catalogued as D. 899 and D. 935 respectively. They are considered to be among the most important examples of this popular early 19th-century genre.
- read more about Impromptus
- "Impromptu" (June Christy album) - June Christy with The Lou Levy Sextet June Christy’s final album, recorded in 1977.
- also known as Impromptu (June Christy album)
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Impromptu" is an album by American jazz pianist Billy Taylor which was recorded in 1962 and released on the Mercury label.
- genre: Jazz
- released in (53 years ago)
- "Impromptu" is a composition.
- music by Emmanuel Chabrier
- "Impromptu" is a musical album of MGR vs. SirDSS.
- released in (9 years ago)
- "Impromptu" is a musical album of Psyclones & Schlafengarten, Psyclones, Schlafengarten.
- released in (28 years ago)
- "Impromptu" is a musical album of Angelo Debarre Quartet.
- released in (13 years ago)
- "Impromptu" is a musical album of Bob Mamet.
- "Impromptu" is a musical album of Michelle Rose.
- "Impromptu" is a 1991 biographical, comedy film written by Sarah Kernochan and directed by James Lapine.
- countries: United Kingdom, France, United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Stuart Oken & Daniel A. Sherkow
- executive producer: Jean Nachbaur
- art direction by Anne Seibel & Gérard Daoudal
- written by Sarah Kernochan
- Judy Davis as George Sand
- Mandy Patinkin as Alfred De Musset
- Hugh Grant as Frederic Chopin
- Bernadette Peters as Maria d'Agoult
- Julian Sands as Franz Liszt
- Georges Corraface as Jean Pierre Félicien Mallefille
- Ralph Brown as Eugène Delacroix
- Emma Thompson as Duchess D'Antan
- Anton Rodgers as Duke D'Antan
- Lucy Speed as Young Aurora
- Anna Massey as George Sand's Mother
- David Birkin as Maurice
- Nimer Rashed as Didier
- Fiona Vincente as Solange
- John Savident as Buloz
- casting by Françoise Menidrey
- cinematography by Bruno de Keyzer
- edited by Michael Ellis
- music by Ludwig van Beethoven, Franz Liszt, Frédéric Chopin
- costume design by Jenny Beavan
- genres: Music, Romantic comedy, Romance Film, Musical, Musical comedy, Comedy, Biographical film
- subjects: Frédéric Chopin, George Sand
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (24 years ago)
- "Impromptu" is a 2013 animation short film directed by Bruce Alcock.
- "Impromptu" is a 1932 comedy short by William C. McGann.
Impromptu is a cataloged instance, musical recording.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Impromptu
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Stewart James
(Impromptu). Figure "8" Rope Restoration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I29 The "Hindoo" Rope Restoration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . lZ9 Bluey-BIuey's Method . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I3I Impey's Impromptu Method .
A Dictionary of English Synonymes and Synonymous Or Parallel Expressions Designed as a Practical Guide to Aptness and Variety of Phraseology (1891)
by Richard Soule
Impromptu, a. Extempore, unpremeditated, offhand, improvised. Impromptu, ad.
Dictionary of the Theatre (1998)
Terms, Concepts, and Analysis by Patrice Pavis, Christine Shantz
IMPROMPTU Fr.: impromptu; Ger.: Stegreifspiel; Sp.: madrigal. An impromptu play is improvised, or at least presented as such by simulating improvised theatre creation, in the same manner as a musician improvising on a theme. The actors ...
by Martin H. Manser, Turton, Nigel D. Turton
Improbability n improbably adv impromptu (im 'prompt ju:) ad/, adv done, composed, or performed in a spontaneous, improvised way. • n 1 something impromptu. 2 a musical composition that suggests that it has been composed impromptu.
by Henry Watson Fowler, Jeremy Butterfield
Impromptu, which is about a dozen times more frequent in OEC data, means much the same and is somewhat less grandiloquent. extempore, impromptu. Some people observe a distinction between an extempore speech, one that is made ...
With a Bibliography of English Writings on Music by James Duff Brown
First Impromptu for Pf., in A flat ; op. 30. Four Mazurkas for Pf. ; op. 31. Second Scherzo for Pf., in B. minor ; op. 32. Two Nocturnes for Pf. ; op. 33. Four Mazurkas for Pf. ; op.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Impromptu
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Impromptu
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: andeecollard
Photo credit: andeecollard
Photo credit: montpelier
Photo credit: Ben Woosley
Photo credit: andeecollard
Photo credit: Newtown grafitti
Photo credit: andeecollard
- Impromptu Parade
A couple of street musicians lead tourists along the Embarcadero in San Francisco.
Photo credit: Gunn Shots.
- Impromptu beach trip.
Photo credit: michaelkmak
- Day 30 of 2013 Impromptu Bed Tester
The changing of the bed gets over ruled.
Photo credit: jon_a_ross
- Impromptu family photoshoot
Sigma 30mm f/2.8
Photo credit: im_apatel
- Impromptu appetizers.
13 Likes on Instagram
Photo credit: A Walker in LA
- Sonata Impromptu
Seen while walking through St Pancras station London
Photo credit: Clive Varley
- Impromptu picnic by the bay
Photo credit: Joe Crawford (artlung)
- Forte Impromptu
Photo credit: Mikee Aguilar
- Impromptu air display
Someone pitched up in their ?Pitts Special? and gave a very good 5 minutes of air display along the beach. (Composite of some moves)
Photo credit: XPinger (Chris Sutton)
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Impromptu
Click on an item to play that video:
- English lesson 95 - Impromptu. Vocabulary & Grammar lessons to speak fluent English - ESL
Daily Video Vocabulary Episode 95 : Impromptu Sometimes There are certain things that you without any prior planning. The word impromptu basically means to ...
- [Explanation] Oil and water by Helder Guimaraes // impromptu best oil and water
The performance video is here...
- Impromptu Meaning
Video shows what impromptu means. Improvised; without prior preparation, planning or rehearsal; extemporaneous; unplanned.. Impromptu Meaning. How to ...
- Brief meaning of dvaya mantrA - Impromptu Lecture
- IDIOM. In The Fall. Impromptu acoustic version. Beautiful. St Pauls Lifestyle
Full session with jamming here...
- Impromptu Speaker - Day 15 [Meaning of Life]
- Impromptu Speaker - Day 10 [Meaning of life]
- IMPROMPTU adjective 1 made or done without previous preparation, etc
- Impromptu Marketing - Speak Your Customer's Language
- Philosophy of Musical Language, A Lesson - Impromptu in Bb
just a bunch of random letters and words thrown together don't make poetry. Music is a language; similar to poetry and painting, it could be convincingly argued ...
- IMPROMPTU TALK: KNOWLEDGE & LANGUAGE SKILL
See also the pronunciation examples of Impromptu!
Quotes about Impromptu
Woman, impromptu; man, on reflection.
more quotes about impromptu...
Scrabble value of I1M3P3R1O1M3P3T1U1
The value of this 9-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Impromptu to see it in context!