Inane appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Smart guns now open an inane 'Pow!’ on snug trams.
- So get a demurral up: open an inane popular rum, Ed, at egos!
- "Stolen Imax editors I’m lifting up mix essays on signals rehearsed if no crew open an inane power", confides Rae; her "Slang is nosy as sex – impugn it" film is rot I’d examine lots.
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective inane
- Phrases with Inane
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Inane
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Inane
- Photos about Inane
- Video about Inane
- Quotes about Inane
- Scrabble value of I1N1A1N1E1
- Anagrams of INANE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective inane
What does inane mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more inane / inaner | most inane / inanest
- extremely silly or stupid
Alternative definition of the adjective inane
- Lacking sense or meaning (often implying, "to the point of boredom or annoyance").
Definition of the adjective inane for high school students
- silly and meaningless
- example: Some films are so inane that the psychology of the characters makes absolutely no sense.
The adjective inane is considered to be a word that all college-aspiring students should know and understand, so it frequently appears on the SAT, ACT and other college admissions tests.
Inane is a record label.
- "Inane" is a composition.
- "Inane" is a musical album of Patrick Bergman.
- released in (12 years ago)
Phrases with Inane
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Inane
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Library of Universal Knowledge and an Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language ...
INANE, a. in-án' [L. inánis, empty: It. inane]: empty; void; useless; senseless. INANE'LY, ad.
by Julia Cresswell
inane. This is from Latin inanis 'empty, vain'. The sense 'silly, senseless' dates from the beginning of the 19th century.
Fools inane moron nincompoop nit.
The Readable Dictionary (1860)
by John Williams (of Lancaster, O.)
Hence, Inanc, empt ; as, an inane space; an inane min . Inanity, emptiness of space or of mind. Inanition, emptiness of the body 'from the privation of food. VOID, empty. X Filled. A Void is an empty space. 4. To Open. OPEN, 1. Free from ...
by Elizabeth Jewell
blank, expressionless, deadpan, inane. 55 vacantly vaguely, absently. va'cate / Vaykayt, vaykayt/ v. tr. 1 leave vacant or cease to occupy (a room, etc.). 2 give up (a post, etc.). I1 leave, depart (from), evacuate; desert, abandon. 2 relinquish ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Inane
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Inane
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Inane
Video shows what inane means. Lacking sense or meaning (often to the point of boredom or annoyance).. purposeless; pointless. Inane Meaning. How to ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Inane!
Quotes about Inane
Scrabble value of I1N1A1N1E1
The value of this 5-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine