Indeed appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Sagas laud nine men: indeed, nine men I ferally dined, alert in a nitre-laden idyll, are fine men indeed; nine men in dual sagas.
On this page:
- Definition of the adverb indeed
- Other definitions of indeed
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Indeed
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Indeed
- Photos about Indeed
- Video language resources about Indeed
- Quotes about Indeed
- Scrabble value of I1N1D2E1E1D2
- Anagrams of INDEED
- Share this page
The word indeed is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adverb indeed
What does indeed mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- in truth (often tends to intensify)
- examples: they said the car would break down and indeed it did | it is very cold indeed | was indeed grateful | indeed, the rain may still come
- synonym of indeed: so
- (used as an interjection) an expression of surprise or skepticism or irony etc.
- example: Wants to marry the butler? Indeed!
- usage: irony
Alternative definition of the adverb indeed
- [context: modal] truly; in fact; actually
- [context: degree, after the adjective modified] In fact.
Other definitions of indeed
What does indeed also mean?
- indicates emphatic agreement
- synonym: absolutely
- "Indeed" a.k.a. "Indeed!": Lee Morgan Indeed! is the debut album by jazz trumpeter Lee Morgan released on the Blue Note label in 1957. It was recorded on November 4, 1956 and features performances by Morgan, Clarence Sharpe, Horace Silver, Wilbur Ware and Philly Joe Jones.
- also known as Lee Morgan Indeed!
- genre: Jazz
- released in (60 years ago)
- "Indeed" is a musical album of Oren Ambarchi & Jim O'Rourke.
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Indeed" is a musical single of Joseph H. Natus.
- released in (114 years ago)
"Indeed" is a short film, directed by Ducko Chan.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Indeed
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by M. E. Hawkesworth, Maurice Kogan
Every country has an executive, a 'government' in the strict sense of the word, as indeed does every other social organization, from the most simple to the most complex. In all these cases there is always a body, normally relatively small, which ...
Volume 12: Music by Bill C. Malone
Indeed, much of the most popular American music came out of the South, whether New Orleans jazz, Nashville's country music, the Delta's blues, or Memphis's rock and roll. The two dominant demographic groups, whites from Western Europe ...
A contribution to historical pragmatics by Ulrich Busse, Axel Hübler
Indeed, these innovations determined the need for corresponding changes both as regards the methods of communicating information about new scientific discoveries and as regards the most suitable means of expression chosen to describe ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Indeed
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Indeed
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: goforchris
at the Ungerer show, The Drawing Center, SoHo
Photo credit: KLGreenNYC
Photo credit: EBonF
Photo credit: feesta
Photo credit: istolethetv
Photo credit: Etwood
Photo credit: Venture Vancouver
Photo credit: acaaron816
Photo credit: WarmSleepy
Photo credit: bareknuckleyellow
Photo credit: srslyguys
Photo credit: Funky Tee
- Very cold, indeed
Photo credit: v923z
Photo credit: s1ng0
Photo credit: timothy b. buckwalter
Photo credit: patrickMphotography
Photo credit: Photocapy
22 Likes on Instagram
Photo credit: A Walker in LA
Photo credit: claydevoute
Photo credit: Advantage Lendl
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Indeed
Click on an item to play that video:
- Indeed Meaning
Video shows what indeed means. Truly; in fact; actually.. In fact.. indeed pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. indeed meaning.
- The True Meaning of Becoming a Disciple Indeed Part II
- Dead Language Indeed
- Kisumu Man's English Language funny one indeed, must watch!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Description of a very amazing night. Indeed.
View more videos about Friend indeed.
See also the pronunciation examples of Indeed!
Quotes about Indeed
Scrabble value of I1N1D2E1E1D2
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of INDEED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Indeed!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Indeed to see it in context!