On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun inflammatory disease
What does inflammatory disease mean as a name of something?
- a disease characterized by inflammation
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- more generic word: disease = an impairment of health or a condition of abnormal functioning
- more specific terms:
- necrotizing enterocolitis / NEC = an acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants
- gastroenteritis / intestinal flu / stomach flu = inflammation of the stomach and intestines
- pelvic inflammatory disease / PID = inflammation of the female pelvic organs (especially the Fallopian tubes) caused by infection by any of several microorganisms
- empyema = a collection of pus in a body cavity
- pleurisy = inflammation of the pleura of the lungs
- pyelitis = inflammation of the renal pelvis
- pharyngitis / sore throat / raw throat = inflammation of the fauces and pharynx
- angina = any disease of the throat or fauces marked by spasmodic attacks of intense suffocative pain
- arthritis = inflammation of a joint or joints
- acne = an inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin
- urinary tract infection = any infection of any of the organs of the urinary tract
- part: inflammation / redness / rubor = a response of body tissues to injury or irritation
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Inflammatory Disease
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Cancer (2008)
by Manfred Schwab
follow-up endometriosis, pelvic by conventional clinical inflammatory disease, and procedures not hepatitis possible ) ...
by Deborah Mitchell
PELVIC INFLAMMATORY DISEASE (PID) Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is a general term for a common infection of the uterus, fallopian tubes, and other reproductive organs. This potentially serious disease can lead to infertility, ectopic ...
by Michael T. Murray, Joseph Pizzorno
ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis Tetracycline, amoxicillin, others Hepatitis, bile duct obstruction Celiac disease, short small bowel, lactose intolerance Pancreatic insufficiency, pancreatic tumor Pelvic inflammatory disease Diabetic neuropathy, ...
With 213 Tables by Florian Lang
OrofacialGranulomatosis Definition and Characteristics OFG is a rare chronic inflammatory disease affecting the orofacial region presenting most commonly with lip swelling but also affecting many intra-oral sites . Although used as an ...
Encyclopedia of Imaging (2008)
by Albert L. Baert
The radiological appearance of the distal ileum is not unlike that of other inflammatory disease. Aphthoid ulcers identified in the early stage of any acute inflammatory disease may also be seen in Salmonella infections. CT scans of salmonella ...
for Nurses and Healthcare Workers by Barbara F. Weller
pelvic inflammatory disease phenylketonuria afternoon , ...
by Denise Tiran
Contraindication: cardiovascular, renal and hepatic disease and pelvic inflammatory disease; precautions: asthma, ...
MS is a chronic inflammatory disease of the CNS that primarily affects young adults. The role of the immune system in MS is well established. Depending on clinical presentation and course, MS is classified as relapsing–remitting (RR), primary ...
Prognosis RA is a chronic inflammatory disease with no ...
Encyclopedia of Trauma (2012)
by Charles R. Figley
Because coronary disease is typically considered an inflammatory disease and there is evidence for HPA/ SAM/glucocorticoid involvement in PTSD, studies have also examined the specific association between onset of autoimmune diseases ...
by Stefan Offermanns
Rheumatoid Arthritis Rheumatoid arthritis represents a chronic inflammatory disease of the joints.
by Elaine A. Moore, Lisa Marie Moore
Pelvic inflammatory disease is a term referring to a spectrum of di›erent upper genital tract inflammatory disorders, including any combination of endometritis, salpingitis, tubo-ovarian abscess, and pelvic peritonitis. PID refers to infections ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Inflammatory Disease
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Inflammatory Disease
If you need images about Inflammatory Disease for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Quotes about Inflammatory Disease
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'inflammatory disease"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Inflammatory Disease to see it in context!