The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun informer:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun informer
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Informer
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Informer
- Photo about Informer
- Video about Informer
- Sign language
- Quotes about Informer
- Scrabble value of I1N1F4O1R1M3E1R1
- Anagrams of INFORMER
- Share this page
Definition of the noun informer
What does informer mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: informers
- one who reveals confidential information in return for money
- example: The informer's identity has to remain secret.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of informer: betrayer / blabber / rat / squealer
- more generic words: informant / source = a person who supplies information
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun informer
- One who informs someone else about something.
- synonym: informant
- A person who tells authorities about improper or illegal activity.
Who is Informer?
Informer a.k.a. Snow: Darrin Kenneth O'Brien, better known by his stage name Snow, is a Canadian reggae musician. He is best known for his 1993 single "Informer", which reached No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
- read more about Snow (pop rock artist)
Informer is a fictional character from the 1994 film The Garden of God.
- "Informer" is a 1993 single by Canadian reggae musician Snow. It features and is produced by MC Shan, and is from Snow's debut album 12 Inches of Snow. The single was a chart-topping hit, spending seven consecutive weeks at Number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. It was his biggest hit in the United Kingdom, where it reached Number 2, behind two different number one singles. In 2007, the song was ranked No. 84 on VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 90s.
- lyrics by Edmond Leary
- "Informer" is an album that was nominated for Best Reggae Recording in the 1994 Juno Awards.
- "Informer" is a musical album of Lady Ann.
- released in (33 years ago)
The Informer is a daily tabloid newspaper published in Belgrade, Serbia, that is affiliated with the Serbian Progressive Party. It serves as a successor to the former SNS newspaper Pravda.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Informer
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Dictionary of English Law (1882)
Containing Definitions of the Technical Terms in Modern Use, and a Concise Statement of the Rules of Law Affecting the Principal Subjects, with Historical and Etymological Notes by Charles Sweet
INFORMER is a person who brings an action or takes some other proceeding for the recovery of a penalty of which the whole or part goes to him. § 2.
Ordinary Unreasonable People by Roy Baker
The defender argued that the pursuer had no cause of action because an informer is a legal officer and it was 'not...
by Steven H. Gifis
INFORMER one who, on a confidential basis, gives information about some wrongdoing to the police or other governmental authorities. Often the information is given in the hope that some favor or benefit is given to the tipster in return for the ...
by Victoria Gaydosik
Informer. 1925 Work Author: Liam O'Flaherty Set in the 1920s in Dublin, this novel of psychological realism follows the pattern of the Judas story: A member of a marginalized group who betraysa comrade formoney then finds himself alienated ...
by Encyclopaedia Perthensis
Theformerare usually brought upon penal statutes, which inflict a penalty upon conviction of the otfender,one part to the use ofthe ling, and another to the use of the informer. By the statute 31 Eliz. c. 5. no prosecution upon any penal statute, ...
A new Law Dictionary ... to which is added an outline of an action at law and of a suit in equity, etc (1846)
by Henry James HOLTHOUSE
INFORMER. See tit. Information. INGREssU. A writ of entry, by which a man seeks entry into lands or tenements: of which there are various forms according to the nature of the case.—Reg. Orig. 227. INGREssUs. See tit. Relief. IN GRoss.
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
The former are usually brought upon penal statutes, which inflict a penalty upon conviction of the offender,one part to the use ofthe king, and another to the use of the informer. By the statute 31 Eliz. c. 5. no prosecution upon any penal statute, ...
the prosecution of criminal offenses was gener- sdly left to private initiative, the informer played an important part in the enforcement of the criminal law. With the institution of a crown prosecutor in England and of prosecuting attorneys in the ...
INFORMER. One who makes an accusation against another, charging the violation of some penal law. Statutes are frequently enacted, which entitle the informer to a part of the penalty upon the conviction of the offender. Such statutes are ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Informer
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Informer
Adult Informer Showgirls
Photo credit: pasa47
Video about Informer
Video shows what informer means. One who informs someone else about something.. A person who tells authorities about improper or illegal activity.. One who ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Informer!
Mandela Sign Language Interpreter interpreting the words to "Informer" by Snow
The sign language interpreter at Mandela's Memorial Service was really signing the words to Informer by Snow.
Quotes about Informer
To put the point sharply: If an informer in the French underground who sent a friend to the torture chambers of the Gestapo was equally a victim, then there can be no right or wrong in life that I understand. (Albert Maltz)
more quotes about informer...
Scrabble value of I1N1F4O1R1M3E1R1
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of INFORMER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Informer!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Informer to see it in context!