On this page:
- Definition of the adjective insensitive
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Insensitive
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Insensitive
- Photos about Insensitive
- Video language resources about Insensitive
- Quotes about Insensitive
- Scrabble value of I1N1S1E1N1S1I1T1I1V4E1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective insensitive
What does insensitive mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more insensitive / most insensitive
- not responsive to physical stimuli
- deficient in human sensibility; not mentally or morally sensitive
- example: insensitive to the needs of the patients
- antonym: sensitive
- similar: callous / indurate / pachydermatous; dead / numb; dull; insensible / unaffected; soulless; thick-skinned / tough-skinned
- attribute: sensitiveness / sensitivity = sensitivity to emotional feelings
- see also: hard; unresponsive; insensible; tough
Alternative definition of the adjective insensitive
- not having normal physical feeling
- synonym: unaffected
- not having normal emotional feelings, cold, tactless, undiplomatic
- "Insensitive" is the title of a track from the 1994 Jann Arden album Living Under June; an international hit single, "Insensitive" remains the career record for Arden. The song is unique in Arden's repertoire as the one song she's made the first recorded version of which she did not write, the composer of "Insensitive" being Anne Loree.
- music by Anne Loree
- "Insensitive" is an album that was nominated for Single of the Year in the 1996 Juno Awards.
- Insensitive is a music video that was nominated for Award for Video of the Year in the 1995 Juno Awards.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Insensitive
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Equine Research
It provides nourishment for the sensitive laminae, insensitive laminae of the wall and the extralaminar horn (white line). The laminar corium has hundreds of primary, secondary and tertiary sensitive laminae projecting outward (similar to the ...
by Lynne Warren
Photographic materials such as plates, films, and papers are sensitive to light of certain wavelength ranges but insensitive to other wavelengths. Darkroom operations may be safely performed under illumination of some visible wavelengths to ...
Definition of Terms and Concepts by Clifton A. Ericson, II
INSENSITIVE MUNITIONS (IMS) Insensitive munitions are munitions which are stable enough to withstand mechanical shocks, fire, and impact by shrapnel, ...
Sex Similarities and Differences and the Impact of Society on Gender by Judith Worell
Thus, early child care was observed to affect child attachment only when the mother was already insensitive to the child. Maternal sensitivity is generally measured by the supportive presence, positive regard, and lack of in- trusiveness and ...
(Based on Mayne's Lexicon) by New Sydenham Society, Henry Power, Leonard William Sedgwick
ears, or limbs, whereby it becomes thickened, wrinkled, dark-brown or oronzed , studded more or less closely with shining dusky-red tubercles, more or less insensitive, and exuding anoffensive perspiration, or almost or quite insensitive, and ...
by Edward Thorpe
insensitive tissue results. Both forms are manufactured in large quantities. Tissue is produced in a large variety of colours, and care is taken by the makers to use only pigments or mixtures of pigments which are ...
by Richard T. Schaefer
Family, legal, and social service agencies are sometimes insensitive or lack the knowledge necessary to help. Physical and mental health conditions can ebb and flow, exacerbating recovery. Feelings of fear and extreme anger may emerge , ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Insensitive
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Insensitive
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Insensitive
Click on an item to play that video:
- Insensitive Meaning
Video shows what insensitive means. Not expressing normal physical feeling. Not expressing normal emotional feelings; cold; tactless; undiplomatic. Insensitive ...
- Dr. Joanne on Why Well-Meaning People Say Insensitive Things
Jackson 24/7 resident psychologist Dr. Joanne Stephenson discusses with anchor Dominique Willingham why people often say the wrong thing at the wrong ...
- Word Choice for Public Speaking : Avoiding Insensitive Language in Public Speaking
Make your speech great! Get tips for avoiding insensitive language in this free video clip about public speaking workshops. Expert: Tracy Goodwin Bio: Tracy ...
- Mayor Sorry for 'Very Insensitive' Tamir Rice Language
Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson apologized on Monday for what he called "very insensitive" language used to characterize the actions of Tamir Rice and his ...
View more videos about Case Insensitive.
See also the pronunciation examples of Insensitive!
Quotes about Insensitive
Scrabble value of I1N1S1E1N1S1I1T1I1V4E1
The value of this 11-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine