InteGrate appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Reviled, I saw one target nine men integrate now as I deliver.
- "Ere hero-men integrate births?" Lew asks a Welsh tribe, "target nine more here!"
On this page:
- Definition of the verb integrate
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for InteGrate
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for InteGrate
- Usage statistics about integrate
- Photos about InteGrate
- Video language resources about InteGrate
- Quotes about InteGrate
- Scrabble value of I1N1T1E1G2R1A1T1E1
- Anagrams of INTEGRATE
- Share this page
The word integrate and its family (integrated, integrates, integrating, integration) are included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb integrate
What does integrate mean as a doing word?
Integrate is one of the top 1000 most common verbs in the English language.
verb - inflections: integrated | integrating | integrates
- make into a whole or make part of a whole
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula Verbs with the same syntax [Agent - being or machine] [Verb] [Patient, plural] A new firm will integrate their ice cream production lines Verbs of Combining: couple, incorporate, match, overlap [Agent - being or machine] [Verb] [Patient 1] into / to / with [Patient 2] Diabetics can now incorporate sugar into their desserts [Patient, plural] [Verb] [Adverb] Eggs mix well | The pieces interconnect easily | These computers connected well [Patient 1 - concrete object] [Verb] [Adverb] with [Patient 2] Folk songs alternate well with pop songs [Patient 1 - concrete object] [Verb] with [Patient 2] Ice cream integrates with desserts [Agent - being or abstract] [Verb] [Patient, plural] Herman connected the computers | The merger associated the two companies Verbs of Combining: affiliate, associate, compare, confederate, confuse, conjoin, entangle, identity, incorporate, muddle, pair, team, total [Agent - being or abstract] [Verb] [Patient 1] with [Patient 2] The merger associated company A with company B [Patient, plural] [Verb] [Adverb] Eggs mix well | The pieces interconnect easily | These computers connected well [Patient 1 - concrete object] [Verb] [Adverb] with [Patient 2] Folk songs alternate well with pop songs [Patient 1 - concrete object] [Verb] with [Patient 2] Company A associated with Company B
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- synonym of integrate: incorporate
- antonym of integrate: disintegrate
- more generic words: combine / compound = combine so as to form a whole
- more specific terms:
- open (a place) to members of all races and ethnic groups
- become one; become integrated
- example: The students at this school integrate immediately, despite their different backgrounds
- syntax: the same syntax as for the sense 1
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- more generic terms: change state / turn = undergo a transformation or a change of position or action
- more specific words:
- calculate the integral of; calculate by integration
Alternative definition of the verb integrate
- To form into one whole; to make entire; to complete; to renew; to restore; to perfect.
- To indicate the whole of; to give the sum or total of; as, an integrating anemometer, one that indicates or registers the entire action of the wind in a given time.
- [mathematics] To subject to the operation of integration; to find the integral of.
- To desegregate, as a school or neighborhood.
"Integrate" is a composition.
- music by Ronald Van Gelderen
InteGrate was a Software product written in C++ based on a pipe-lined high performance architecture for handling batch rating of telecommunications Call Data Records, developed by the German software company "Solution 42". The product represented one of the first Massively parallel applications in it area. It allowed to process and charge thousands of events per second on commodity hardware in parallel in a multi core and multi computer environment. The software was able to run on the following operating systems: Windows, Unix/Linux, Sun Solaris, HP-UX and AIX. It contained highly optimized algorithms for ultra-fast Regular expression matching using an Finite-state machine as well as one of the first self-developed in-memory databases.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for InteGrate
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Healing with Source (2010)
A Spiritual Guide to Mind-Body Medicine by Dave Markowitz
com/integrate is an interlude of music that is subliminally encoded with each chapter's highlights, read by the author, ...
Research by Design and the Renovation of Practice by Michael U. Hensel
MG & AS:Studio Integrate is a small practice that recruitson a projectbasis and according toneed. We have been careful to select a focusedpath through architectural education and working in practice so as to facilitateour specific research ...
Integrity in Depth (2005)
by John Beebe, David H. Rosen
Integrate and integration come from the same Latin root as integrity. Integrate means to combine all the disparate elements into one harmonious entity.
Healing the Child Within (2010)
Discovery and Recovery for Adult Children of Dysfunctional Families (Recovery Classics Edition) by Charles L. Whitfield
To integrate means to make whole from separate parts. Healing means moving toward wholeness or integrating—“coming into order” (Epstein 1986). Healing and integration are the opposite of the confusion and chaos of the past. From all of ...
An Introduction with Java and Smalltalk by Didier H. Besset
The function to integrate is the inverse function in both cases. The integration interval is from 1 to 2 so that the value of the result is known, namely, In 2. Integration is carried for various values of the desired precision. The reader can then ...
The Definitive Guide to All Flower Essences, their Making and Uses by Clare G. Harvey
The Integrate and Transmute combination essences were the next stage of development. Since the earthquake in Japan 2012, many of us are experiencing difficulties in regaining our balance. This is as a direct result of the Earth wobbling on ...
by Wang, John
However, it seems that there is a general lack of management's ability to integrate and coordinate the intricate network of business relationships among chain members ...
Volume 24: Race by Thomas C. Holt, Laurie Beth Green, Charles Reagan Wilson
school board voted to integrate the school system, but segregationist governor Orval Faubus thwarted the plan. The integration plan was relatively tame, as the school board permitted just nine students to integrate ...
Encyclopedia of Trauma (2012)
by Charles R. Figley
Coordination and representative groups help them integrate with groups with whom they would otherwise be in conflict and support the reemergence of complex social identities. It differentiates various types and degrees of impact and ...
by Abraham Pizam
Eventually, hotel eProcurement will integrate all aspects of the purchasing process electronically. As soon as the level of demand can be predicted from reservation levels and past data/experience, orders can be generated automatically, ...
by John William Collins
school board's educational plan was divisive, ineffective, and supported the state's efforts to circumvent federal regulation to integrate schools. In effect, the Court held that the board's plan was ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for InteGrate
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about integrate
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb integrate:
Comparison of usage frequency between the verb integrate and its most common antonyms:
Photos about InteGrate
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about InteGrate
Click on an item to play that video:
- Integrate Meaning
Video shows what integrate means. To form into one whole; to make entire; to complete; to renew; to restore; to perfect.. To indicate the whole of; to give the sum ...
- ThoughtRocket.com Webinars on How To Integrate Meaning and Money for Happiness
- Essential Vocabulary: Integrate
"Integrate" is one of a series of words that should be used, when necessary, in the IELTS Writing and Speaking Exams. The correct use of vocabulary items in ...
- Quotation Explanation How To Integrate Quotations
- Prof. Frank Keller - How Humans (and Machines) Integrate Language and Vision
Professor Frank Keller, Professor of Computational Cognitive Science in the School of Informatics, delivers his inaugural lecture entitled, "How Humans (and ...
- How to integrate social media into your English language teaching
Kristin Sherman, co-author of OUP's new adult English course Network, teaches one of the Get Connected lessons from the course book. These lessons use ...
- How to integrate Google Language Translation in Joomla 1.7 - GTranslate
Original Blog Post...
- How to integrate Google Language Translation in Joomla 1.5 - GTranslate
Original Blog Post...
- MoM - How language materials help doctors and nurses integrate
Seminar for Medics on the Move (MoM) - Speaker: Ulrike Schrimpf.
- Integrate Buyer - New Campaign - Create Criteria - Vertical, Name, Description
- Integrate Language Learning into Daily Live
- QED MUST A1 English Language for Women, Integrate UK avi
QED's Success Story - How English is changing the lives of the immigrant community. Bradford-based QED is setting an example.
- Integrate Seller - Seller Profile - Company Description
See also the pronunciation examples of InteGrate!
Quotes about InteGrate
Scrabble value of I1N1T1E1G2R1A1T1E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of INTEGRATE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of InteGrate!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of InteGrate to see it in context!