On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun iva
What does iva mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers; common in moist areas (as coastal salt marshes) of eastern and central North America
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of iva: marsh elder
- more generic terms: bog plant / marsh plant / swamp plant = a semiaquatic plant that grows in soft wet land; most are monocots: sedge, sphagnum, grasses, cattails, etc
- more specific terms: burweed marsh elder / Iva xanthifolia / false ragweed = tall annual marsh elder common in moist rich soil in central North America that can cause contact dermatitis
- member of: genus Iva = small genus of American herbs or shrubs
- Iva is a town in Anderson County, South Carolina, United States. The population was 1,218 at the 2010 census.
- Iva a.k.a. Tino i Iva, is a village at the east end of Savai'i island in Samoa. The village is part of the electoral constituency Fa'asaleleaga I which is within the larger political district of Fa'asaleleaga.
- read more about Tino i Iva
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Iva
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Managing Your Money (2016)
A Practical Guide to Personal Finance by Tony Boczko
– Once the IVA has been agreed and approved, it cannot be changed or varied. – An IVA is a fixed legally binding agreement: as such, it offers the debtor protection from further legal action.
by Nadežda Stojković, Milorad Tošić
Iva is an innovative and service-oriented elearning professional with extensive e- learning and m-learning development...
Iva is a graduate of the Founder Institute and author and co-author of publications presented at numerous conferences.
by Debra Gray, David Stockbridge
The IVA is an assignment set by your awarding body EDEXCEL. It is not an examination,
Intelligent Virtual Agents (2012)
12th International Conference, IVA 2012, Santa Cruz, CA, USA, September, 12-14, 2012. Proceedings by Yukiko Nakano, Michael Neff, Ana Paiva, Marilyn Walker
IVA is an interdisciplinary annual conference and the main fo- rum for presenting research on modeling, developing, and evaluating intelligent ...
One example is an “Individual Voluntary Arrangement” (IVA) which is available in England and Wales. An IVA is a legally binding arrangement between a debtor and ...
The MCAT Chemistry Book (2015)
by Ajikumar Aryangat
Group IVA The Group IVA is the carbon family. Carbon is the most versatile element, and thus it has its own separate subject. Yes, you guessed right – organic chemistry. Carbon can exist in many different forms by itself such as graphite and ...
Lubricant Additives (2009)
Chemistry and Applications, Second Edition by Leslie R. Rudnick
The Sequence IVA is an ASTM designation of a test previously referred to as the KA24E, originally developed by the Japan Automotive Manufacturers Association . It is included to replace the wear component of the Sequence VE.
by Manfred Lurker
:iva. (athe friendly one«, agracious one«) This deity can be traced back to the Indus Valley cultures which preceded the Aryans in north India. Very early on, : iva began to take on characteristics of the Vedic ...
Medical Lexicon (1839)
by Robley Dunglison
mo'rum, Iva arthrit'ica, Holoc"yron, Io'nia, Sideri'tis, Common Groundpine. (F) Petite Ivette. Properties like the last. The tops or leaves havo been recommended ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Iva
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Iva
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Denitza_design
Photo credit: jakobinac
Photo credit: linznix
- Aunt Iva and Annie
Photo credit: madgerly
- Iva Shuster -- Judge F.B. House
Bain News Service,, publisher.
Iva Shuster -- Judge F.B. House
[between ca. 1915 and ca. 1920]
1 negative : glass ; 5 x 7 in. or smaller.
Title from unverified data provided by the Bain News Service on the negatives or caption cards.
Forms part of: George Grantham Bain Collection (Library of Congress).
Format: Glass negatives.
- Kaia Iva
Kaia Iva, Minister of Social Protection, Ministry of Social Affairs, Estonia
Photo: Arno Mikkor (EU2017EE)
Photo credit: EU2017EE
- Iva Fitria portrait
Photo credit: jauhari
- Yashfa & Mama Iva
Photo credit: jauhari
Videos about Iva
Click on an item to play that video:
- Lesson IVa - Vocabulary
2nd Declension Greek Noun.
- IVA Meaning
Video shows what IVA means. Individual Voluntary Arrangement. intra-vehicular activity. IVA Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- Iva Meaning
Video shows what Iva means. of obscure origin, used in the U.S.A. around 1900.. Iva Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Iva.
- Iva Gumnishka Foreign Language Excellence Scholarship
- Torrent for Series IVa and an Update: Language of Mathematics and Math in Real Life (#152, 420math)
See also the pronunciation examples of Iva!
Quotes about Iva
Scrabble value of I1V4A1
The value of this 3-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of IVA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Iva!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Iva to see it in context!