On this page:
- Jalapa is a city in Guatemala. It is the capital of the department of Jalapa; it is also the municipal seat of that department's municipality of Jalapa. It is located 174 kilometres from Guatemala City. However, there is a shorter road from Guatemala City to Jalapa using Atlantic Highway and then going south. This way Jalapa is only around 97 kilometres, from Guatemala City.
- Jalapa is a municipality in the Nueva Segovia Department of Nicaragua. It is located in north Nicaragua, close to the Honduras border.
- Jalapa: Santa María Jalapa del Marqués is a small city in the Mexican state of Oaxaca. It serves as the administrative centre for the surrounding municipality of the same name. It is part of the Tehuantepec District in the west of the Istmo Region.
- Jalapa is an unincorporated census-designated place in Pleasant Township, Grant County, Indiana. The site of the Battle of the Mississinewa, fought during the War of 1812, is nearby.
- Jalapa is a small town in the Mexican state of Guerrero. It is located near the Pacific Ocean coast, on Federal Highway 200 some 45 km east of San Marcos.
- also known as Jalapa, Guerrero
- part of Mexico
- Jalapa is a small city in the Mexican state of Tabasco. It is located at 17°42′N 92°48′W / 17.7°N 92.8°W.
- Jalapa is an ejido in the Mexican state of Baja California. It is located at 32°27′59″N 115°11′52″W / 32.46639°N 115.19778°W in the dried-up delta of the Colorado River. It lies within Mexicali Municipality.
- Jalapa a.k.a. Jalapa, Tennessee: Jalapa was a very small, rural community in Monroe County, Tennessee, United States, approximately five miles south of Tellico Plains. Located in the Unicoi Mountains, this southeast Tennessee settlement is now considered by the Post Office to be part of greater Tellico Plains.
- read more about Jalapa, Tennessee
There are other places with in their name, like San Felipe Jalapa de Díaz.
Phrases with Jalapa
Phrases starting with the word Jalapa:
Phrases ending with the word Jalapa:
- Batatas Jalapa
- Cyclosa jalapa
- Ipomoea Jalapa
- Empoasca Jalapa
- Euchaetes Jalapa
- Exogonium Jalapa
- mirabilis jalapa
- Convolvulus Jalapa
- Ipomoea Jalapa Jalapa
- Species Batatas Jalapa
- species Cyclosa jalapa
- Species Ipomoea Jalapa
- Mirabilis Jalapa Jalapa
Other phrase containing the word Jalapa:
View more phrases with the word Jalapa in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Jalapa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Richard R. Fagen, William S. Tuohy
First, Jalapa is a state capital.
Second, Jalapa is an unusually well managed municipio, characterized by public order, stability, domination of political life by...
Medical Botany; Or, Illustrations and Descriptions of the Medicinal Plants of the London, Edinburgh, and Dublin Pharmacopoeias (1834)
Comprising a Popular and Scientific Account of Poisonous Vegetables that are Indigenous to Great Britain by John Stephenson, James Morss Churchill
Jalapa is a native of Mexico, and is the produce of the temperate region, principally in the neighbourhood of Xalapa, and hence its appellation. It abounds on the eastern slope of the Cordillera of Anahuac, ...
by Elizabeth Shaheen
Mirabilis Jalapa is a tuberous bushy perennial, coming from tropical America, and is commonly known as 'Four o'clock flower', as the blooms open in late afternoon. This is a wonderful plant for the evening garden, permeating its fragrance ...
by Sir William Whitla
Jalapa is a powerful hydragogue cathartic, acting probably entirely by its local irritating effects upon the intestine, as injection of its active principle into the circulation appears to have no effect upon the bowel. It must come in contact with the ...
by Kaladhar DSVGK
RESULTS Mirabilis jalapa is a vulnerable medicinal plant, having wide importance based on our research. The plant is widely available in and around the regions of Visakhapatnam district. There is a huge varieties and characteristic features ...
JALAPA, MEXICO (closed; salary, $2,000). Jalapa is a small ...
Bulbs and bulb culture (1877)
by David Taylor Fish
jalapa is a free growing, red coloured species, vigorous, and of great beauty. M . j. alba, a pure white variety of this species. M. j. flava, soft yellow. M. j. rubro-alba , red and white. II. j. rubro-flma, red and yellow. This is more rare than most of ...
Jalapa is a species which has not long been accurately determined, though its root has so long and so extensively been employed as a powerful medicinal agent. IPSAMBUL. [Asoussunun] IPSWICH. [SUFFOLK] IRAK ...
A Political, Social, and Military History
Jalapa, Mexico, during the Mexican-American War. The capital city of the state of Veracruz, Jalapa was occupied by U.S. forces beginning in April 1847. (N. C. Brooks, A Complete History ofthe Mexican War, 1849) This page intentionally left ...
by Eladio Cortés
(Jalapa: Universidad Veracruzana, 1975). Sobre la muerte (About Death) (Jalapa: Ed. of the School of Artes Plásticas, 1976). Escribir sin para qué (Writing without a ...
Comprehending the Pharmacopoeias of London, Edinburgh, and Dublin, with a Variety of Other Useful Information Relative to Medicine and Pharmacy, Designed Expressly for the Use of Students by Thomas Castle
JALAPA. L. D. The Jalap Shrub, or Convolvulus Jalapa of the Edinburgh Pharmacopoeia, is a native of South America, belonging to the class Pentandria, order Monogyonia. The root of this shrub, (Jalapae Radix) is found in our shops, both ...
by Donald C. Briggs, Marvin Alisky
Jalapa is ...
Lexicon Pharmaceuticum (1828)
Or a Pharmaceutical Dictionary, Comprehending the Pharmacopoeias of London, Edinburgh, and Dublin, with a Variety of Other Useful Information Relative to Medicine and Pharmacy ... by Thomas Castle
JALAPA. L. D. The Jalap Sbruh, or Convoleulus Jalapa of the Edinburgh Pharmacopoeia, is a native of South America, belonging to the class Pentandria, order Monogy- nia. Therootof this sbruh, (Jalapae Radix) is found in our shops, hoth cut ...
(based on Mayne's Lexicon) by Henry Power, Leonard William Sedgwick
The same as Jalapa. Also, a name for the Phytolacca decandra. J., abstract of. Two hundred parts ...
jalapa). A well-known purgative medicine. It is the root of Ipomaa jalapa, a plant of the natural order Convolvulaceae. It is found in Mexico, at an elevation of about 6000 feet above the level of the sea, in the neighborhood of the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Jalapa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Jalapa
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Mirabilis jalapa.
Video about Jalapa
Words of Life Mazatec, Jalapa de Diaz People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life Mazatec, Jalapa de Diaz People/Language Movie Trailer c13650 [c13650t] Other names for this language are: Jalapa de Diaz; Lowland ...
Scrabble value of J8A1L1A1P3A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 15 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of JALAPA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Jalapa!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Jalapa to find many related words and phrases!