On this page:
- Jim Gray: James Nicholas "Jim" Gray was an American computer scientist who received the Turing Award in 1998 "for seminal contributions to database and transaction processing research and technical leadership in system implementation.
- also known as James Nicholas "Jim" Gray
- born on (71 years ago) in San Francisco
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Computer scientist, engineer, researcher
- died on
- written works: "Transaction Processing: Concepts and Techniques", "The Benchmark Handbook: For Database and Transaction Processing Systems"
- award: - Turing Award (For seminal contributions to database and transaction processing research and technical leadership in system implementation.)
- Jim Gray is an American sportscaster.
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Journalist, sports commentator
- Jim Gray: James "Jim" Gray, was a Northern Irish loyalist and the East Belfast brigadier of the Ulster Defence Association, the largest loyalist paramilitary organisation in Northern Ireland. He was often nicknamed "Doris Day" for his flamboyant clothing, jewellery, and dyed blond hair. Another media nickname for Gray was the "Brigadier of Bling". He was also the owner of several bars in east Belfast.
- born in (58 years ago) in Northern Ireland
- died on (10 years ago)
- Jim Gray a.k.a. James Gray is a cinematographer.
- read more about James Gray
- Jim Gray: James W. Gray was a Major League Baseball infielder. He played just six games in the major leagues, but they were spread across ten years. He debuted in 1884 with the Pittsburgh Alleghenys, playing in one game as a third baseman. He did not return to the majors until 1890, when he played two games for the Pittsburgh Burghers as a second baseman, then returned to the Alleghenys to play one game as a shortstop. Finally, in 1893, he returned once more to the Alleghenys, now renamed the Pittsburgh Pirates, to play two more games at shortstop.
- Jim Gray: James "Jim" P. Gray II is the current mayor of Lexington, Kentucky. Gray served as the city's vice-mayor from 2006 to 2010 before being elected mayor in November 2010. Gray handily won re-election to another 4 year term on November 4, 2014.
- Jim Gray appeared in the 2007 film The Game Plan.
- Jim Gray a.k.a. Jim D. Gray is a screenwriter.
- read more about Jim D. Gray
- Jim Gray is a TV editor.
- profession: Television editor
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to British Academy Television Award for Best News and Current Affairs Journalism - "Channel 4 News" (Coverage of the death of Princess Diana (Princess of Wales)
- Jim Gray was a member of the musical group, The Exploited.
- member of musical group The Exploited (Bass) between and (3 years)
Jim Gray is a fictional character from the 1935 film Death from a Distance.
Jim Gray is an organization member.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Jim Gray
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Encyclopedia of People, Places, and Operations by Mary Ellen Snodgrass
Jim Gray and two other fugitives ...
by Gerald L. Smith, Karen Cotton McDaniel, John A. Hardin
Lexington mayor Jim Gray declared Harry Sykes ...
by Bob Boyles, Paul Guido
Brown / Undra Johnson 31 Syracuse 9 FB Craig Taylor 21 Notre Dame" 34 DL Chris Parker DL Jim Gray / Scott Summits DL Mike Fox LB Renaldo Turnbull / Dale Jackson LB Chris Haering LB Theron Ellis LB Robert Pickett DB Alvoid Mays ...
by Gordon Gillespie
March: The UDA expels its east Belfast leader, Jim Gray ...
by William Sims Bainbridge
Respected information technology pioneers Gordon Bell, Jim Gray, and Ray Kurzweil have argued that actual digital immortality will become possible over the coming century, through a convergence of personality capture and artificial ...
by Vincent Terrace
Tidens (Jim Gray) and Corcos (Alan Palmer). The Young Power Rangers became adult again when Zordan ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Jim Gray
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Jim Gray
Click on an item to view that photo:
Anagrams of JIM GRAY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Jim Gray!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Jim Gray to see it in context!