Junoon is a sufi rock band from Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan, formed in 1990. The band is directed by founder, lead guitarist and songwriter, Salman Ahmad, who was soon joined by keyboardist Nusrat Hussain and vocalist Ali Azmat. Junoon is Pakistan's most successful band; the Q magazine regarded them as "One of the biggest bands in the world" and The New York Times called Junoon "the U2 of Pakistan". Since their inception, the group has released a collective total of nineteen albums: seven studio albums; one soundtrack; two live albums; four video albums; and five compilations. Their music has sold over 30 million copies worldwide.
- genres: Alternative rock, Rock music, Psychedelic rock, Sufi rock, Hard rock
- albums: "Azadi", "Dewaar", "Inquilaab", "Andaz", "Kash Ma Kash (Greatest Hits)", "Parvaaz", "Talaash", "Junoon", "Millennium 1990–2000", "Kashmakash", "Junoon for Peace", "United for Peace", "Dewaar: The Best of Junoon", "Daur-e-Junoon", "Rock & Roll Jihad", "Infiniti", "Junoon 20", "Ghoom Taana", "Dosti"
- nomination: - nominated to Lux Style Award for Best Music Act
- official website: www.junoon.com
- "Junoon" was the second album by Abhijeet Sawant, the winner of the first Indian Idol. The album was released in 2007 by Sony BMG. Its title track, "Junoon", remained at the top of the Indian pop music charts for several weeks.
- also known as Junoon - Abhijeet Sawant, Junoon – Abhijeet Sawant
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Junoon": Junoon is the debut album of the Pakistani sufi rock band Junoon, released on 30 September 1991. It was released by EMI and recorded at the EMI studios in Karachi in 1990. The album is produced by founder, song-writer and lead guitarist Salman Ahmad. The album contained a total track list of twelve songs with eight tracks being in Urdu language, three tracks in English and one instrumental.
- "Junoon" is a musical album of Vanraj Bhatia, soundtrack.
- also known as Junoon Soundtrack
- genre: Soundtrack
- released in (37 years ago)
- "Junoon" is a critically acclaimed and award-winning 1978 Indian Hindi language film produced by Shashi Kapoor and directed by Shyam Benegal. The film is based on Ruskin Bond's fictional novella, A Flight of Pigeons, set around the Indian Rebellion of 1857. The film also had award-winning soundtrack, composed by Vanraj Bhatia, and cinematography by Govind Nihalani.
- country: India
- languages: Hindi Language, English Language
- producer: Shashi Kapoor
- art direction by L.G. Patil
- written by Shyam Benegal, Ismat Chughtai, Satyadev Dubey
- based on a story by Ruskin Bond
- Jennifer Kendal as Mrs. Mariam Labadoor
- Shabana Azmi as Firdaus
- Shashi Kapoor as Javed Khan
- Sushma Seth as Javed's chachi
- Deepti Naval as Rashid's wife
- Naseeruddin Shah as Sarfaraz Khan
- Pearl Padamsee as Bitter woman
- Nafisa Ali as Ruth Labadoor
- Kulbhushan Kharbanda as Lalal Ramjimal
- Karan Kapoor
- Jalal Agha as Kader Khan
- Tom Alter as Priest
- Ismat Chughtai as Maternal Grandmother of Ruth Labadoor
- Benjamin Gilani as Rashid Khan
- Kunal Kapoor
- Sanjana Kapoor
- Geoffrey Kendal
- cinematography by Govind Nihalani
- edited by Bhanudas Divkar
- music by Vanraj Bhatia, J.P. Kaushik
- released on (36 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor (Sarfaraz Khan) nomination for Naseeruddin Shah
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress (Mrs. Mariam Labadoor) nomination for Jennifer Kendal
- Filmfare Award for Best Story
- Filmfare Award for Best Film (Film-Valas) nomination for Shashi Kapoor
- Filmfare Award for Best Director nomination for Shyam Benegal
- Filmfare Award for Best Film (Film-Valas), received by Shashi Kapoor
- Filmfare Award for Best Director, received by Shyam Benegal
- Filmfare Award for Best Cinematographer, received by Govind Nihalani
- Filmfare Award for Best Editing, received by Bhanudas Divkar
- Filmfare Award for Best Sound Design, received by Hitendra Ghosh
- Filmfare Award for Best Dialogue, received by Satyadev Dubey
- "Junoon" is a 1992 Hindi horror film directed by Mahesh Bhatt. The film makes use of morphing, a special effect in motion pictures and animations that changes one image into another through a seamless transition, to transform human face into tiger and back from tiger to human. Junoon's basic plot has been lifted from the 1981 Oscar winning classic An American Werewolf in London directed by John Landis starring David Naughton.
- also known as Obsession
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- producer: Mukesh Bhatt
- written by Robin Bhatt
- based on a story by John Landis
- Rahul Roy as Vikram Chauhan
- Pooja Bhatt as Dr. Nita Chauhan
- Anang Desai as Dr. Desai
- Tom Alter as Harry
- Rakesh Bedi as Himanshu
- K.D. Chandran as Nita's dad
- Avtar Gill as Inspector Sudhir Pai
- Mushtaq Khan as Adivasi Bheema
- Shubha Khote as Nita's mom
- Roma Manik as Rahul roy's dance partner in song 'o mere dilruba'
- Bhushan Patel as Arun
- Avinash Wadhawan as Ravi
- Homi Wadia as Forest Officer Bhaskar Inamdar
- music by Nadeem–Shravan, Shravan Rathod, Nadeem Saifee, Viju Shah
- genres: Horror, Thriller, World cinema, Bollywood
- released on (22 years ago)
- award: - Filmfare Award for Best Actor nomination for Rahul Roy
- "Junoon" is a 2002 film written by Iqbal Raj and directed by Sanjay Khanna.
- starring: Shilpa Shetty
- released in (13 years ago)
Junoon - Kuchh Kar Dikhaane Ka is a singing reality show. Junoon premiered on NDTV Imagine at June 6, 2008.
- begun on (6 years ago)
- country: India
- created by Gajendra Singh
- award: - Indian Telly Award for Best Singing Talent Show nomination for Sai Baba Telefilms
- official website: www.ndtvimagine.com/junoon/imagine_about.asp
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Junoon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Filmography of World History (2007)
by Deanne Schultz
Junoon is a fictionalized drama set during the nineteenth-century rebellion of Indian units of the East India Company's army. The film begins with a voiceover describing the 1857 rebellion and execution of Sepoy Mangal Pandey, the revolt of ...
by William Hunter
junoon, n. s. m, l M*&» nefs, insanity, phrensy.4 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Junoon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Junoon
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of J8U1N1O1O1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Junoon for some fun with words!