Junoon is a sufi rock band from Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan, formed in 1990. The band is directed by founder, lead guitarist and songwriter, Salman Ahmad, who was soon joined by keyboardist Nusrat Hussain and vocalist Ali Azmat. Junoon is Pakistan's most successful band; the Q magazine regarded them as "One of the biggest bands in the world" and The New York Times called Junoon "the U2 of Pakistan". Since their inception, the group has released a collective total of nineteen albums: seven studio albums; one soundtrack; two live albums; four video albums; and four compilations. Junoon is also South Asia's most successful band of all time with more than 25 million records sold worldwide.
- genres: Alternative rock, Rock music, Psychedelic rock, Sufi rock, Hard rock
- albums: "Azadi", "Dewaar", "Inquilaab", "Ishq", "Kash Ma Kash (Greatest Hits)", "Parvaaz", "Talaash", "Junoon", "Junoon for Peace", "Millennium 1990–2000", "Kashmakash", "United for Peace", "Dewaar: The Best of Junoon", "Daur-e-Junoon", "Rock & Roll Jihad", "Infiniti", "Junoon 20", "Ghoom Taana", "Dosti"
- nomination: 2002 - nominated to Lux Style Award for Best Music Act
- official website: www.aliazmat.com
- "Junoon" was the second album by Abhijeet Sawant, the winner of the first Indian Idol. The album was released in 2007 by Sony BMG. Its title track, "Junoon", remained at the top of the Indian pop music charts for several weeks.
- also known as Junoon - Abhijeet Sawant, Junoon – Abhijeet Sawant
- released on December 18th, 2007 (5 years ago)
- "Junoon": Junoon (Urdu: جنون, literal English translation: "obsession/passion") is the debut album of the Pakistani sufi rock band Junoon, released on September 30, 1991. It was released by EMI and recorded at the EMI studios in Karachi in 1990. The album is produced by founder, song-writer and lead guitarist Salman Ahmad. The album contained a total track list of twelve songs with eight tracks being in Urdu language, three tracks in English and one instrumental.
- "Junoon" is a musical album of Vanraj Bhatia, soundtrack.
- also known as Junoon Soundtrack
- genre: Soundtrack
- released in 1978 (35 years ago)
- "Junoon" is a critically acclaimed and award-winning 1978 Indian Hindi language film produced by Shashi Kapoor and directed by Shyam Benegal. The film is based on Ruskin Bond's fictional novella, A Flight of Pigeons, set around the Indian Rebellion of 1857. The film also had award-winning soundtrack, composed by Vanraj Bhatia, and cinematography by Govind Nihalani.
- country: India
- languages: Hindi Language, English Language, Urdu Language
- producer: Shashi Kapoor
- art direction by L.G. Patil
- written by Shyam Benegal, Ismat Chughtai, Satyadev Dubey
- based on a story by Ruskin Bond
- cinematography by Govind Nihalani
- edited by Bhanudas Divkar
- music by Vanraj Bhatia, J.P. Kaushik
- genres: Art film, Romance Film, Drama
- released on March 30th, 1979 (33 years ago)
- award: 1980
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor (Sarfaraz Khan) nomination for Naseeruddin Shah
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress (Mrs. Mariam Labadoor) nomination for Jennifer Kendal
- Filmfare Award for Best Story
- Filmfare Award for Best Film (Shashi Kapoor), received by Film-Valas
- Filmfare Award for Best Director, received by Shyam Benegal
- Filmfare Award for Best Cinematographer, received by Govind Nihalani
- Filmfare Award for Best Editing, received by Bhanudas Divkar
- Filmfare Award for Best Sound Design, received by Hitendra Ghosh
- Filmfare Award for Best Dialogue, received by Satyadev Dubey
- "Junoon" is a 1992 Hindi horror film directed by Mahesh Bhatt. The film makes use of morphing, a...
- also known as Obsession
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- music by Nadeem-Shravan
- genres: Horror, Thriller
- released on September 18th, 1992 (21 years ago)
- award: 1993 - Filmfare Award for Best Actor nomination for Rahul Roy
- "Junoon" is a 2002 film written by Iqbal Raj and directed by Sanjay Khanna.
Junoon - Kuchh Kar Dikhaane Ka is a singing reality show. Junoon premiered on NDTV Imagine at June 6, 2008.
Printed books with definitions about Junoon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Deanne Schultz
Junoon is a fictionalized drama set during the nineteenth-century rebellion of
Indian units of the East India Company's army. The film begins with a voiceover
describing the 1857 rebellion and execution of Sepoy Mangal Pandey, the revolt
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias about Junoon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Junoon
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Junoon
Ali Azmat JUNOON Bum Bum Phata FULL SONG Higher Definition
A song describing the condition of poor pakistanis by their leaders!! too poor...such desperate situation. this also includes other aspects...
Scrabble value of J8U1N1O1O1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page