On this page:
- Definition of the noun Kalinga
- Phrases with Kalinga
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Kalinga
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Kalinga
- Photos about Kalinga
- Videos about Kalinga
- Scrabble value of K5A1L1I1N1G2A1
- Anagrams of KALINGA
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Kalinga
What does Kalinga mean as a name of something?
Kalinga is a genus of Polyceridae, described by Alder & Hancock in 1864.
- synonym: genus Kalinga
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Mollusca
- class: Gastropoda
- order: Nudibranchia
- family: Polyceridae
- species Kalinga ornata
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
- Kalinga: The Province of Kalinga is a landlocked province of the Philippines in the Cordillera Administrative Region of Luzon. Its capital is Tabuk and borders Mountain Province to the south, Abra to the west, Isabela to the east, Cagayan to the northeast, and Apayao to the north. Kalinga and Apayao are the result of the 1995 partitioning of Kalinga-Apayao; this was to better service the respective needs of the various indigenous peoples in the area.
- part of Cordillera Administrative Region
- Kalinga was an early republic in central-eastern India, which comprised most of the modern state of Odisha, northern parts of Andhra Pradesh and a portion of Madhya pradesh. It was a rich and fertile land that extended from the river Damodar/Ganges to Godavari and from Bay of Bengal to Amarkantak range in the West. The region was scene of the bloody Kalinga War fought by the Maurya Emperor Ashoka the Great of Magadha c. 265 BCE.
- Kalinga a.k.a. Kalinga-Apayao was a province of the Philippines in the Cordillera Administrative Region in the island of Luzon. It was divided into the two provinces of Kalinga and Apayao with the passage of Philippine Republic Act No. 7878 on February 14, 1995. This RA amended the earlier Republic Act No. 4695, passed on June 18, 1966, which formed the provinces of Kalinga-Apayao, Benguet, Ifugao, and Mountain Province, from the earlier Mountain Province.
- read more about Kalinga-Apayao
- Kalinga is a residential district in the Wooloowin suburb of northern Brisbane, Queensland. The area is predominantly flat, with a mix of small apartment blocks and houses, with some older style Queenslanders still extant. The area borders with Kalinga Park.
There are other places with in their name, like Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology.
"Kalinga" is a South Indian Tamil film released in 2006.
- country: India
- language: Tamil Language
- director: Ram Prabha
- music by D. Imman
- genres: Tamil cinema, World cinema
- released on (8 years ago)
Kalinga a.k.a. Ga'dang Language: Ga'dang is language native to the Philippines spoken in the regions of Paracelis, Mountain Province, Luzon; and in Potia, Ifugao.
- read more about Ga'dang Language
Phrases with Kalinga
- Kalinga Ornata
- Species Kalinga Ornata
- Genus Kalinga
- Euploea Kalinga
- Melanitis Kalinga
- Soricomys Kalinga
- Rhodesiella Kalinga
- Archboldomys Kalinga
- Species Euploea Kalinga
- Species Melanitis Kalinga
- Species Rhodesiella Kalinga
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Kalinga
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Chris Rowthorn, Greg Bloom
Kalinga is a place where weekends aren't even a concept, let alone a reality; a place where animals are frequently sacrificed in cañao; a place where traditional law still trumps the laws of the modern world. Here you'll meet the last of ...
The Vishńu Puráńa (Vishṇupurāṇam), a System of Hindu Mythology and Tradition, Translated from the Original Sanscrit, and Illustrated by Notes Derived Chiefly from Other Puráńas, by H. H. Wilson (1840)
Kalinga is the sea-coast west of the mouths of the Ganges, with the upper * In attempting to verify the places or people specified. These of Strabo. part of the Coromandel coast. Magadha is Behar. The Saurashtras are the people of Surat, the ...
Kalinga is the sea-coast west of the mouths of the Ganges, with the upper part of the Coromandel Coast. Verse 21. — Mahendra is the chain of hills extending from Orissa and the Northern Circars to Gondwana. Verse 23. — The Tambula is ...
Ashoka in Ancient India (2015)
by Nayanjot Lahiri
Pataliputra to Kalinga is a distance of some 900 km, so even just getting the army to the target ground would have taken five or six weeks. How the army reached Kalinga has been variously imagined. Was the battlefield approached along a ...
Oriental Translation Fund (1840)
_ Kalinga is the sea-coast west of the mouths of the Ganges, with the upper part of the Coromandel coast. Magadha is Behar. The Saurashtras are the people of Surat, the Surastrene of Ptolemy. The Siiras and Bhiras, in the same direction, ...
An Introduction to Austronesian Studies by Darrell T. Tryon
Kalinga (Linimos) Contributor: Introduction and Wordlist : Harrmut Wiens 1. Introduction Kalinga is an Austronesian language spoken in the subprovince of Kalinga Apayao which is located in the Cordillera Central mountains of Luzon in the ...
Lonely Planet Philippines (2015)
by Lonely Planet, Michael Grosberg, Greg Bloom, Trent Holden, Anna Kaminski, Paul Stiles
Kalinga is a place where animals are frequently sacrificed in cañao (ritual feasts), where traditional law still trumps the contemporary world and yet, surprisingly, it's also a place where people have a great fondness for American country music.
Commercial, Industrial and Scientific, Products of the Mineral, Vegetable, and Animal Kingdoms, Useful Arts and Manufactures by Edward Balfour
KALINGA is the Calingse proximi man of Pliny. The ancient kingdoms of the Peninsula of India were the Pandiya, ...
by Owen J. M. Kalinga
Kalinga. ILALA II. Like the SS Ilala, it was named after the place where David Livingstone died in 1873 and has been the main transport vessel on Lake Malawi since 1951, carrying passengers from numerous ports between ...
by Artemio R. Guillermo
KALINGA. This province was formerly a subprovince of the old Mountain Province and is now a part of the Cordillera Autonomous Region. It has a population of 174,023 and has eight municipalities, with Tabuk as the ...
by Ashish Rajadhyaksha, Paul Willemen
Kalinga (V. Somasekhar, K, 1980) Kalinga ...
Kalinga — Is usually described, says Wilson, as extending from Orissa to Drivida, or below Madras, the coast of the Southern Sircars. It appears, however, to be the Delta of the Ganges. It is familiar to the natives of the Eastern Archipelago by ...
by Aimable Twagilimana
Among Kagame's many writings are Inganzi Kalinga (Triumphant Kalinga) (1943)— Kalinga was ...
by Lutz D. Schmadel
Bearing the old name of the Indian state of Orissa, UNESCO's Kalinga Prize has been awarded annually since 1952 to persons who contributed to the interpretation of the role of science in service to human society. The prize is ...
by Nicholas Belfield Dennys
No doubt emigration and trade from this part of India was then more extensive than any other, and the word Kalinga was applied in general to all emigrants from India. In the Journal of the Indian Archipelago, in an article on the Siyara Malayu ...
The Concise Garland Encyclopedia of World Music: The Middle East, South Asia, East Asia, Southeast Asia (2008)
by Ellen Koskoff
The Kalinga ofKalinga-Apayao Province The Kalinga live just north of Mountain Province, which, though it includes the Isneg, is one of the more isolated mountainous provinces, but trade and the influx of settlers are influencing traditional ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Kalinga
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Kalinga
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Kalinga
Click on an item to play that video:
- WOW! Kalinga
Wow, Kalinga! Kalinga in the Cordillera Autonomous Region (CAR) is a landlocked province of rugged and sloping mountains; sharp, crested, interlinking peaks ...
- 11 Interesting Facts You Never Heard About Kalinga War
The Kalinga War was a war fought between the Mauryan Empire and the state of Kalinga. Kalinga was an important kingdom because it controlled the trade ...
- The Kalinga Soul Through The Music of Alex Madullawan Tumapang
Alexander 'Madullawan'Tumapang, the man who is considered as the Kalinga Master of Bamboo Instrument. Cordillera Youth Theater Group Direction by ...
- Kalinga Salidummay of Creation by Man-ay Bucalen
Salidummay of Creation by Man-ay Bucalen. Performed during the St. Joseph Parish Fiesta at Naneng, Tabuk City, Kalinga last March 17, 2012.
- Buto ng mga sinaunang hayop nahukay sa Kalinga
Natagpuan ang mga buto ng pygmy mammoth at stegodon sa burol ng Rizal, Kalinga. Pinaniniwalaang nabuhay ang mga ito 800000 hanggang 1000000 taon ...
- Kalinga Salidummay
Lubuagan, Kalinga 2008.
Scrabble value of K5A1L1I1N1G2A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of KALINGA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- A LA KING
See also the blanagrams of Kalinga!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Kalinga to find many related words and phrases!