On this page:
- Kananga, formerly known as Luluabourg or Luluaburg, is the capitial city of Kasaï-Occidental Province and is intended as the capital of the proposed Lulua Province in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. It has a population of 463,556.
- Kananga is a first class municipality in the province of Leyte, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 48,027 people. Majority of Kananga's economic activity has historically been concentrated in agriculture. Some are engaged in commerce and trade since the town is geographically close to commercially progressive nearby city, Ormoc City and coastal town of Palompon, Leyte. The town's main crops are coconut and rice.
- Kananga is a commune of the city of Kananga in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Kananga a.k.a. Mister Big: Mr. Big is a fictional character and the main antagonist in the James Bond novel and film Live and Let Die. In the film, Big is portrayed by actor Yaphet Kotto. The novel and film versions of Mr. Big are extremely different, with the film incarnation bordering on being a completely new character. Hardly disputed, the character of Kananga was based partially on Haitian dictator François Duvalier, who rose to power only in 1957, after Ian Fleming finished the novel.
- read more about Mister Big
- Kananga is a fictional character from the 1973 film Live and Let Die.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Kananga
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
apurvacampakamu, cirucanpakam, ceti campanki, canpakam, catimanoca, cumana, cuvetaka, cuvetika, iracaputtiri, irattimanikkakkoti, irattimanikkam, irunti, kamalada mara, kamanda mara, kananga hoo, karumukai, katthe sampige, malani, ...
by Dennis G. Fowler
kananga - a bulb resembling an onion, used by boys to adorn themselves. kapande-kamwami - a kind of plant, used to enlarge the testicles at ...
Revised and Expanded Edition by Stanley M. Burgess, Eduard M. van der Maas
Mbulu Lowo is the executive director as well as director of the Bible college at Kananga. The main assembly, Jésus la Porte (Jesus the Door), of which Mbulu is pastor, has grown to 1,260 members within three years. Other leaders split off from ...
Used in Food, Drugs and Cosmetics by Ikhlas A. Khan, Ehab A. Abourashed
Recent cases of phototoxic reactions to the oil have been reported fromits use in aromatherapy 11 andfrom traditional medical colognes known as “Florida Water” and “Kananga.
(Except Ornamentals) by Peter Hanelt, Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research
kananga (Indonesia). Native in tropical SE Asia: India, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, naturalized also ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Kananga
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Kananga
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Kananga, Lake Danao
Photo credit: Brenda Bonjoc
- Peace Day in Kananga.DR Congo.
Peace Day in Kananga.DR Congo.
Photo credit: MONUSCO
- Peace Day celebration in Kananga. DR Congo.
Peace Day celebration in Kananga. DR Congo.
Photo MONUSCO/Anne Hermann
Photo credit: MONUSCO
- Kananga Phodi - Tawa fried Sweet Potatoes
Photo credit: easycooking
Scrabble value of K5A1N1A1N1G2A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Kananga to see it in context!