On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun kauri pine
What does kauri pine mean as a name of something?
- any of various trees of the genus Agathis; yield dammar resin
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of kauri pine: dammar pine
- more generic terms: conifer / coniferous tree = any gymnospermous tree or shrub bearing cones
- more specific terms:
- Agathis australis / kauri / kaury = tall timber tree of New Zealand having white straight-grained wood
- Agathis dammara / Agathis alba / amboina pine / amboyna pine = native to the Moluccas and Philippines
- smooth bark kauri / queensland kauri / Agathis robusta / dundathu pine = Australian timber tree resembling the kauri but having wood much lighter in weight and softer
- Agathis lanceolata / red kauri = New Zealand tree with glossy leaves and scaly reddish-brown bark
- member of: Agathis / genus Agathis = kauri pine
- substance: kauri = white close-grained wood of a tree of the genus Agathis especially Agathis australis
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for kauri pine
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Forest Trees of Australia (2006)
by Douglas J. Boland, Maurice William McDonald
Kauri Pine Bull Kauri, Bull Pine Agathis microstachya J.F. Bailey & C.T. White Kauri pine is a medium-sized to tall tree attaining 50 m in height and 2.7 m in diameter. The trunk is not buttressed and is usually straight with little taper until the start ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
New Zealand: kauri, kauri pine, New Zealand kauri Maori names: kauri A. celebica (Koord.) Warb. The Philippines: bagtik A. dammara (Lamb.) Rich. ( Agathis alba (Blume) Foxw.; Agathis loranthifolia Salisb.; Agathis orientalis (D. Don) Hook.) ...
The Complete Guide to the Use of Aromatic Oils In Aromatherapy, Herbalism, Health, and Well Being by Lawless, Julia
Araucariaceae Agathis australis: Kauri, kauri pine, New Zealand kauri. Pandanaceae Pandanus fascicularis (P. odoratissimus): Padang, attar of kewda (oil), attar of keora (oil).
by G. Rehm
New Zealand kauri, kauri pine pin de kauri Kaurifichte kauri de Nueva Zelanda Agathis dammara (Lamb.) A.Rich. A. alba (Bl.) Foxw. East Indian kauri, Dammar pine Dammartanne Agathosma betulina (Bergius) Pill. Barosma betulina ( Bergius) ...
Applied in England and Among English-speaking People to Cultivated and Wild Plants, Trees, and Shrubs by William Miller
New Caledonia Kauri Pine ...
by Michael Allaby
jujube Juncaceae Juncaginaceae Juncus June berries Jungermanniales jungle juniper Juniperus Juniperus procera Jurassic Jussieu, AntoineLaurent de jute K karri karrikins karyogamy karyotype Kastanozems katsura tree kauri pine kava.
The kauri pine grows only in the Auckland province north of 39° south latitude ; the local demand has led to vast clearings, but afforestation is now receiving ...
PLANTS USED DIRECTLY IN IN- Gmelina DUSTRIAL ARTS: Greenheart Carludovica Palmata Guaiacum Ice Plant Hemlock Tree Hornbeam Ivory, Vegetable Myrobalan Ilex Oak Kauri Pine Lignum Vite Quebracho Rattan Lime Tree Mammee ...
by William Rossiter
= Kauri pine : a tree belonging to Conifersa Dammaric acid, (dam'ma -rik).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for kauri pine
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about kauri pine
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of kauri pine to find many related words and phrases!