The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun kerfuffle:
Definition of the noun kerfuffle
What does kerfuffle mean as a name of something?
- a disorderly outburst or tumult
- example: The kerfuffle at the post office put her out of sorts for the rest of the afternoon.
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonyms of kerfuffle: commotion / disruption / disturbance / flutter / hoo-ha / hoo-hah / hurly burly / to-do
- more generic word: disorder = a disturbance of the peace or of public order
- more specific terms:
- convulsion / upheaval / turmoil = a violent disturbance
- earthquake = a disturbance that is extremely disruptive
- incident = a public disturbance
- splash / stir = a prominent or sensational but short-lived news event
- tempest / storm = a violent commotion or disturbance
- storm center / storm centre = a center of trouble or disturbance
- tumultuousness / garboil / tumult / uproar = a state of commotion and noise and confusion
Kerfuffle were a four-piece English folk band, originally formed in 2001 around the East Midlands and South Yorkshire regions of the UK, initially comprising Hannah James, Sam Sweeney, Chris Thornton-Smith and Tom Sweeney. Thornton-Smith was replaced by Jamie Roberts in 2007. Kerfuffle disbanded in August 2010.
- genre: Folk music
- albums: "Not to Scale", "K2", "Links", "To the Ground", "Lighten The Dark: A Midwinter Album"
- official website: www.kerfuffleonline.co.uk
"Kerfuffle" is a musical album of Ladyfuzz.
- released on (8 years ago)
Printed books with definitions for Kerfuffle
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Word Nerd (2007)
More Than 18,000 Fascinating Facts about Words by Barbara Ann Kipfer
} a kerfuffle is a disorderly outburst or turmoil kernel is. 300 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Kerfuffle
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Kerfuffle
Click on an item to view that photo:
Taken during the Mela Weekend at Nottingham's Arboretum Park.
Photo credit: ☺ Lee J Haywood
It's Kerfuffle's last year together. They've really grown as a band and did a fabulous set. Beaten into second place at the festival only by Chumbawamba.
Photo credit: Bryn Pinzgauer
- A Kerfuffle Ensued
3 June 2007
Photographer: Lisa Dittmann
Photo credit: Ynys Fawr
- Kerfuffle in Cape Town 03.
RIOT in TERROR TOWN!! Hehehe,,, tabloids never exaggerate, oh no :)
Photo credit: Dplanet::
- Kerfuffle in Cape Town 02.
Photo from the Cape Times.
Photo credit: Dplanet::
- Susan G Kerfuffle
Susan G. Komen for the Cure, formerly known as The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, often referred to as simply Komen, is the most widely known, largest and best-funded breast cancer organization in the United States. The organization was surprised by the response to controversial funding cut to Planned Parenthood.
Photo credit: DonkeyHotey
- MUNI kerfuffle.
via Instagram (instagr.am/p/LzCc4xQ5VO/)
Photo credit: Nathan Y
- A right kerfuffle!
Photo credit: Clownhouse III
- Bernie's Kerfuffle
Photo credit: Ubi Desperare Nescio
Video about Kerfuffle
The Y.K. Dictionary - Kerfuffle
The World's fastest and easiest Movie Dictionary! Intermediate vocabulary available for all people to enjoy! Watch it now...the new learning experience...
Scrabble value of K5E1R1F4U1F4F4L1E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 22 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Kerfuffle to see it in context!