Kind appears in the following pangrams (sentences using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- Cute, kind, jovial, foxy physique, amazing beauty? Wowser! (45 letters)
- Their kind aunt was subject to frequent dizzy spells, thus causing much anxiety and worry. (74 letters)
Usage statistics for the noun kind:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun kind
- Definition of the adjective kind
- Phrases with Kind
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Kind
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Kind
- Usage statistics about kind
- Photos about Kind
- Videos about Kind
- Sign language
- Quotes about Kind
- Scrabble value of K5I1N1D2
- Anagrams of KIND
- Share this page
The word kind is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun kind
What does kind mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: kinds
- a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
- example: what kinds of desserts are there?
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of kind: form / sort / variety
- more generic word: category = a general concept that marks divisions or coordinations in a conceptual scheme
- more specific terms:
- description = sort or variety
- type = a subdivision of a particular kind of thing
- antitype = an opposite or contrasting type
- art form = a form of artistic expression
- style = a particular kind
- flavour / flavor = the six kinds of quarks
- colour / color = the characteristic of quarks that determines their role in the strong interaction
- species = a specific kind of something
- genus = a general kind of something
- brand / make = a recognizable kind
- genre = a kind of literary or artistic work
- like / ilk = a kind of person
- manner = a kind
- model = a type of product
- stripe = a kind or category
- the likes of / the like / like = a similar kind
Definition of the adjective kind
What does kind mean as an attribute of a noun?
Kind is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: kinder | kindest
- having or showing a tender and considerate and helpful nature; used especially of persons and their behavior
- examples: kind to sick patients | a kind master | kind words showing understanding and sympathy | thanked her for her kind letter
- antonym: unkind
- similar: benignant / gracious; benign; benevolent / charitable / good-hearted / kindly / large-hearted / openhearted / sympathetic; gentle; kind-hearted / kindhearted
- attribute: kindness = the quality of being warmhearted and considerate and humane and sympathetic
- see also: benign / benignant; considerate; good-natured; soft; merciful
- agreeable, conducive to comfort
- tolerant and forgiving under provocation
Alternative definition of the adjective kind
- Affectionate, showing benevolence.
- See Favorable.
- mild, gentle, forgiving
Kind a.k.a. Indianapolis International Airport is a public airport seven miles southwest of downtown Indianapolis, in Marion County, Indiana, United States. It is owned and operated by the Indianapolis Airport Authority. The airport is the largest in Indiana, occupying about 7,700 acres in Wayne and Decatur Townships of Marion County, all within the city of Indianapolis. It is near interstate highways I-65, I-69, I-70, and I-74, all of which connect to the city's I-465 beltway. The passenger terminal was the first designed and built in the United States since September 11, 2001 attacks.
- also known as Indianapolis Airport
- part of United States of America, Indianapolis, Marion County
- official website: www.indianapolisairport.com
- Kind is a musical group.
- album: "Wax"
- Kind is a musical group.
- album: "Cycle One"
There are other groups with in their name, like Any Kind, Ewe Kind, 3 of a Kind, Finest Kind, Marvel Kind, Kind of Girl, Kind of Jazz, Elephant Kind, Kind of Pluto, Northern Kind, Two of a Kind, Four of a Kind, Extra Blue Kind, Three of a Kind, three of a kind!, The Kindness Kind, The Righteous Kind, Another Kind of Death, Kind of Like Spitting and The Right Kind of Dirty.
Kind is an Irish-bred, British-trained Thoroughbred racehorse. She won six of her thirteen races, including the Listed Flower of Scotland Stakes and Kilvington Stakes, as well as being placed in the Group 3 Ballyogan Stakes. Since retiring from racing she has become one of Juddmonte Farms' top broodmares, foaling the undefeated, 10-time Group 1 winner Frankel. All of her first five foals have won races, including the Group winners Bullet Train and Noble Mission. Kind was trained by Roger Charlton and owned by Khalid Abdulla.
- born on (13 years ago)
- Kind is a fictional character from the 1929 film Mother Krause's Journey to Happiness.
- Kind is a fictional character in the 2009 film The Last Station.
- Kind is a fictional character from the 1929 film Diary of a Coquette.
- Kind is a fictional character from the 2011 film In the Nick of Time.
- Kind is a fictional character from the 1929 film Meineid.
- Kind is a fictional character from the 2013 film Two Mothers.
- "KIND" a.k.a. "CHILD" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- read more about CHILD
- "Kind": The initial studio album release by the Michigan jam rock band.
- "KIND" is a musical album of Ensemble 96.
- released in (5 years ago)
- "Kind" is a musical album of Seven Sioux.
- released in (24 years ago)
"Kind" is a 1997 film directed by Raymond Red.
- also known as Kamada
- country: Philippines
- languages: Filipino language, Tagalog language
- producer: Roger Garcia
- released in (18 years ago)
- read more about Kind (film)
- Kind: In the area of mathematical logic and computer science known as type theory, a kind is the type of a type constructor or, less commonly, the type of a higher-order type operator. A kind system is essentially a simply typed lambda calculus "one level up", endowed with a primitive type, denoted and called "type", which is the kind of any data type which does not need any type parameters.
- Kind is a breed temperament.
- kinD is a gene.
- The kind of flag this is. Most often merge or delete.
Phrases with Kind
Phrases starting with the word Kind:
Phrases ending with the word Kind:
- in kind
- Of a Kind
- One of a Kind
- Two of a Kind
- Five of a Kind
- Four of a Kind
- Three of a Kind
- Be Cruel to Be Kind
- Error of the First Kind
- Error of the Second Kind
Other phrase containing the word Kind:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Kind
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Intelligent Kindness (2011)
Reforming the Culture of Healthcare by John Ballatt, Penelope Campling
As an adjective, kind means being of a sympathetic, helpful or forbearing nature and, importantly for our subject, being inclined to bring pleasure or relief. It is important to keep it rooted in its deeper meanings, though. It can easily become a ...
The Dictionary of English Inflected Words, with the Syllabication of All the Words According to a System Founded on Well-defined Principles (1877)
And the System of Syllabication as Applied to Poetry and the Scansion of Verse. Forming Part II of The Handy English Word Book by James Stormonth
kins; kind n., kinds; kind a. , ...
The Oratorical Dictionary (1835)
by John Newland Maffitt
Kind, civil, benevolent, good-natured, adv. mamely: s, humaneness, hu** * man; mankind. - HUMA"TION. s. Interment. MECTIVE. adj. Having the wer to moisten. HU'MERAL. adj. Belonging to the shoulder. - • HUMID. adj. Wet, moist, waMILITY.
A Dictionary Of The Malayan Language, In 2 Parts, Malayan and English And English and Malayan (1812)
by William Marsden
Ketch (kind of vessel) us; kichi. KETTLE, vid. Por. -- KETTLE-DRUM, vid.
by J. A. Cuddon
and usually of a descriptive kind. Commonly found in newspapers ...
by Daniel Bukszpan, Ronnie James Dio
Vi'ifei: Joe Comeau: guitars (The Killing Kind and later): Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth: vocals; Sid Falck: drums (Under the Influence through Horrorsctipe): Merritt Gam: guitars (Horrorscope through Wrecking Your Neck): Bobby Gusrafson: guitars ...
(priorities for 21st Century)
Kind. Energy plants give rise to heat and/or yield solid, liquid or gaseous fuel through conversion processes like direct burning, gasification, digestion, fermentation, etc. Since the discovery of woodfire, at least 150 thousand years ago, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Kind
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about kind
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Usage statistics for the noun kind:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun kind:
Comparison of usage frequency between the adjective kind and its most common antonym:
Photos about Kind
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Kind
Click on an item to play that video:
- Vocabulary - "Kind"
- Kind Meaning
Video shows what kind means. A type, race or category; a group of entities that have common characteristics such that they may be grouped together.
- Konijn vecht met slang voor het leven van haar kind - EN HOE!!!
Konijn vecht met slang voor het leven van haar kind - EN HOE!!! Rabbit fights for her children, attacked by a vicious snake. And HOW, WOW.
- Kammi Kind meaning and pronunciation
Kammi KindComes from KamminessDrop Dead gorgeous smoking hot blonde Kammi Kind Kammi Kind definition by Urban Dictionary.
- American's kind explanation about English navigation for AMS WOORINAVI kir-2010d
English navigation it has to offer music,photo,rear camera,DMB,GPS,navi,memo great quality nice customer service...
- Definition of a human kind
- Explanation of Ben's Bells and Be Kind Week at Sahuarita High School
- PSA TGBe Kind Language and Positive Attitude
- M&M's Language Comparisons - Don't Eat Your Own Kind
A comparison between the edits of Patrick Warburton's M&M's ad in North and South America. Asia used the original ad too, only dubbing it and not editing it.
- Kind Language and Getting Your Point Across
- G-FOL : A Foreign Language Encounter of the Third Kind
See also the pronunciation examples of Kind!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Kind
Scrabble value of K5I1N1D2
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of KIND
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Kind!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Kind to see it in context!