The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun km:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun km
What does km mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a metric unit of length equal to 1000 meters (or 0.621371 miles)
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonyms of km: kilometer / kilometre / klick
- more generic term: metric linear unit = a linear unit of distance in metric terms
- part of: mym / myriameter / myriametre = a metric unit of length equal to 10,000 meters
- part: hectometer / hectometre / hm = a metric unit of length equal to 100 meters
Other definitions of km
What does km also mean?
- Knowledge Management
Km a.k.a. The Comoros, officially the Union of the Comoros, is a sovereign archipelago island nation in the Indian Ocean, located at the northern end of the Mozambique Channel off the eastern coast of Africa, between northeastern Mozambique and northwestern Madagascar. Other countries near the Comoros are Tanzania to the northwest and the Seychelles to the northeast. Its capital is Moroni, on Grande Comore.
- also known as Union of the Comoros, The Comoros, Federal Islamic Republic of the Comoros
- founded on (40 years ago)
- part of Africa, Arab world, Comoro Islands, Iles Comores
- instance of: country / land / state = the territory occupied by a nation
- read more about Comoros (country)
Km a.k.a. Air Malta plc is the flag carrier airline of Malta, based in Luqa. It operates services to 36 destinations in Europe, Middle East and North Africa. The airline's main hub is Malta International Airport.
- also known as Air Malta plc., 馬耳他航空
- official website: www.airmalta.com
"KM" is a 2012 short drama film written and directed by Christos Nikou.
- country: Greece
- language: Greek Language
- producers: Iraklis Mavroidis & Angelos Venetis
- art direction by George Georgiou
- written by Christos Nikou
- cinematography by Thimios Bakatakis
- edited by Yiannis Chalkiadakis
- costume design by Vasileia Rozana
- genre: Drama
- released on
- Km a.k.a. Khmer language: Khmer or Cambodian is the language of the Khmer people and the official language of Cambodia. With approximately 16 million speakers, it is the second most widely spoken Austroasiatic language. Khmer has been considerably influenced by Sanskrit and Pali, especially in the royal and religious registers, through the vehicles of Hinduism and Buddhism. It is also the earliest recorded and earliest written language of the Mon–Khmer family, predating Mon and by a significant margin Vietnamese. The Khmer language has influenced, and has been influenced by, Thai, Lao, Vietnamese, Chinese and Cham, all of which, due to geographical proximity and long-term cultural contact, form a sprachbund in peninsular Southeast Asia.
- also known as Cambodian; Khmer, Central Language; Khmer; Kho Me; Krom; Khome; Cu Tho; Viet Go Mien; Cur Cul; Khmer, Central
- Km: The Egyptian hieroglyph for "black" in Gardiner's sign list is numbered I6. Its phonetic value is km. The Wörterbuch der Aegyptischen Sprache- lists no less than 24 different terms of km indicating 'black' such as black stone, metal, wood, hair, eyes, animals and people.
- also known as Black
- Km a.k.a. KMTV Asia is a South Korean television channel that launched in December 2009, which broadcasts Korean music videos, music, variety and reality programmes from MBC Music, dramas and movies. It airs 24-hour programming continuously.
- KM a.k.a. The Caspian Sea Monster, officially «KM», also known as the "Kaspian Monster", was an experimental ekranoplan, developed at the design bureau of Rostislav Alexeyev.
- read more about Caspian Sea Monster
- Km a.k.a. The Bosnia and Herzegovina convertible mark is the currency of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is divided into 100 fenings. It is locally abbreviated KM or КМ.
- also known as 波斯尼亚和黑塞哥维那可兑换马克
- official website: www.cbbh.ba
- km: .km is the Internet country code top-level domain for Comoros.
- also known as .km
- official website: www.domaine.km
- Km a.k.a. Khmer, Northern Language: Northern Khmer, also called Khmer Surin, is the dialect of the Khmer language spoken by approximately 1.4 million Khmer native to the Thai provinces of Surin, Sisaket, Buriram and Roi Et as well as those that have migrated from this region into Cambodia.
- also known as Khmer Lue, Thailand Khmer, Northern Khmer dialect
- KM, the Knowledge Machine, is a frame-based language used for knowledge representation work.
- also known as KM programming language, Knowledge Machine
- Km a.k.a. immunoglobulin kappa constant is a gene.
Scrabble value of K5M3
The value of this 2-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.