Kurt Russell (actor)
On this page:
Who is Kurt Russell?
Kurt Russell: Kurt Vogel Russell is an American actor. His first acting roles were as a child in television series, including a lead role in the Western series The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters. In the 1970s, he signed a ten-year contract with the Walt Disney Company, where he became, according to Robert Osborne, the "studio's top star of the '70s". In 1979, Russell was nominated for an Emmy Award for the made-for-television film Elvis.
- also known as Kurt Vogel Russell
- born on (63 years ago) in Springfield, child of Bing Russell and Louise Julia Russell
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Thousand Oaks High School, graduated in
- profession: Actor, screenwriter, voice actor, film producer
- parent of
- played Jack Burton in "Big Trouble in Little China"
- played Jeffrey 'Jeff' Taylor in "Breakdown"
- played Eldon Perry in "Dark Blue"
- played Ben Crane in "Dreamer"
- played Elvis Presley in "Elvis"
- played Snake Plissken in "Escape from L.A."
- played Snake Plissken in "Escape from New York"
- played Dr. David Grant in "Executive Decision"
- played Whitey in "Follow Me, Boys!"
- played Stuntman Mike (Death Proof) in "Grindhouse"
- played Herb Brooks in "Miracle"
- played Dean Proffitt in "Overboard"
- played Robert Ramsey in "Poseidon"
- played Drew Stephens in "Silkwood"
- played Steve Stronghold in "Sky High"
- played Todd 3465 in "Soldier"
- played Reno Hightower in "The Best of Times"
- played Malcolm Anderson in "The Mean Season"
- played R.J. MacReady in "The Thing"
- played Wyatt Earp in "Tombstone"
- played Rudolph Russo in "Used Cars"
- played McCabe in "Vanilla Sky"
- played Det. Lt. Nicholas Frescia in "Tequila Sunrise"
- played Michael Carr in "Unlawful Entry"
- played Steven Post in "The Barefoot Executive"
- played Dexter Riley in "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes"
- played Captain Ron in "Captain Ron"
- played Gabriel Cash in "Tango & Cash"
- played Copper (Voice) in "The Fox and the Hound"
- played Dexter Riley in "Now You See Him, Now You Don't"
- played Johnny Jesus in "Fools' Parade"
- played Dexter Riley in "The Strongest Man in the World"
- played Michael Zane in "3000 Miles to Graceland"
- played Stephen McCaffrey in "Backdraft"
- played Jack O'Neill (Jack O'Neil) in "Stargate"
- played Mike Lockhart in "Swing Shift"
- played Stuntman Mike in "Death Proof"
- played Morgan Beaudine in "The Longest Drive"
- played Ray Ferris in "Charley and the Angel"
- played Dad in "Cutlass"
- played Johnny in "Christmas Miracle in Caufield, U.S.A."
- played Jamie McPheeters in "Guns of Diablo"
- played R.J. (Archive Footage) in "Terror in the Aisles"
- played Wayland Jackson in "Winter People"
- played Morgan Beaudine in "The Quest"
- played Captain Ives in "Interstate 60"
- played Sidney Bower in "The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band"
- played Bart in "Superdad"
- played Ronnie Gardner in "The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit"
- played Morgan Beaudine in "The Captive: The Longest Drive 2"
- TV series:
- played Jamie McPheeters in "The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters"
- played Morgan Beaudine in "The Quest"
- played Laurence Kendall in "Amber Waves"
- played Bobby in "Our Man Higgins"
- played Jay Baker in "The Road West"
- played Matthias Kane in "Hec Ramsey"
- played Peter Hall in "The Eleventh Hour"
- played Bo Larsen in "The New Land"
- film written: Escape from L.A.
- film produced: Escape from L.A.
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie - "Elvis"
- nominated to Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture - "Silkwood"
- nominated to Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actress - "Tango & Cash" (in drag)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Kurt Russell (actor)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Kurt Russell to see it in context!