On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun lagan
What does lagan mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: lagans
- goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered
Alternative definition of the noun lagan
- [legal] Goods or materials found or left on the sea floor.
- Lagan is a town and the administrative center of Lagansky District in the Republic of Kalmykia, Russia, located a few kilometers from the Caspian Sea. Population: 14,323 ; 14,345 ; 15,824 . In terms of population, it is the second biggest town in the republic after the capital Elista.
- also known as Lagan, Russia
- part of Russia
- Lagan is the second largest locality situated in Ljungby Municipality, Kronoberg County, Sweden, with 1,744 inhabitants in 2010. It is at an altitude of 139 meters. It has got its name from the river Lagan, which passes nearby.
Lagan is a fictional character from the 1996 film Slayers: The Book of Spells.
"Lagan" is the second music album released by Pakistani pop singer, Haroon. It was a major hit and showed the artist ability that Haroon had. In the album he blended in various types of music including Arabic, instrumental, rock and pop.
- "Lagan" is a 1971 action drama film written by Mukhram Sharma and K.S. Gopalakrishnan and directed by Ramanna.
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- producers: Kailash Chopra, Ramsarup, E.V. Rajan
- written by Pt. Mukhram Sharma
- based on a story by K. S. Gopalakrishnan
- cinematography by M.A. Rehman
- edited by M. S. Mani
- music by Laxmikant Shantaram Kudalkar, Pyarelal Ramprasad Sharma
- genres: Musical, Bollywood, Drama, Action Film, Musical Drama
- released in (44 years ago)
- "Lagan" is a 1941 Indian Bollywood film. It was the fifth highest grossing Indian film of 1941. The film was directed by Nitin Bose for New Theatres Ltd. Calcutta. The film was a bilingual with K. L. Saigal and Kanan Devi acting as the lead in the Bengali language version of it, Parichaya. The music for both versions was by R. C. Boral. This was the last film Saigal did for New Theatres, Calcutta, before his move to Bombay to make films for different studios there.
- "Lagan" is a 2013 animated, family and short film written and directed by Peter Shaw.
"Lagan" is an artwork by Basil Blackshaw.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Lagan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Students' Academy
Lagan is a round and shallow copper utensil with a slightly concave bottom. Used for cooking whole or big cuts of meat or poultry especially when heat is appliedfrom both the top and bottom. Lohe Ka Tandoor It is an iron tandoor. as ...
Belfast's Lessons for Policy and Partnership by OECD
The Lagan is the new quarter of the city that was needed to provide the potential for large scale regeneration and it has been successfully tackled ...
Dilemmas, Dilemmas (2010)
Practical Case Studies for Company Directors by Julie Garland McLellan
Attracta Lagan is a Principal of Managing Values and has some 15 years experience working with the Boards and senior managements of many of Australia's 'blue chip' companies and government enterprises. Personal Notes: Which answer ...
A Library of Universal Knowledge and an Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language ...
LAGAN, n . lä'gan [Moeso-Gothic, lagjan, to lay, to place; comp. Eng. lag, to trail behind: W. llag, loose, slack]: applied to goods sunk in the sea from a vessel, and fastened ...
by Encyclopaedia Perthensis
LAGAN, or Lagom, [from legan, Sax. to lie.] in sea laws, shipwrecked goods, left on the sandi or ashore. Chamb. Or goods cast overboard by seamen in danger of shipwreck. Bailey. [% ) Lagan. See Druid, § 6; and Stone, N°ij. (3.) Lagan-water ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis, Or, Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, Etc. : Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
LAGAN, or LAGoM, [from legan , Sax. to lie..] in sea laws, shipwrecked goods, left on the fand, or ashore. Chamb.
The Law-dictionary (1811)
Explaining the Rise, Progress, and Present State, of the English Law; Defining and Interpreting the Terms Or Words of Art; and Comprising Copious Information on the Subjects of Law, Trade, and Government by Giles Jacob
LAGAN, Goods sunk in the sea, from Sax. liggan cubare.] When mariners in danger of shipwreck cast goods out of the ship, and because they ...
The county presents a considerable line of coast to the Atlantic Ocean on the north, and to the Irish Channel on the east; while Belfast Lough and the river Lagan divide it from the county of Down on the south ; and Lough Neagh and Lough ...
A new Law Dictionary ... to which is added an outline of an action at law and of a suit in equity, etc (1846)
by Henry James HOLTHOUSE
LAGAN or LIGAN (from the Sax. liggan, to lie). Goods sunk in the sea, but tied to a cork or buoy in order to be found again; which is done when ships are heavily laden and the mariners are in danger of shipwreck. If the ship perish and these ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lagan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Lagan
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Coire Lagan
Photo credit: Maria Keays
- Lagan Meadows
Late winter at Lagan Meadows, Belfast, Northern Ireland. Developing shower cloud over the Castlereagh Hills.
Photo credit: Philip McErlean
- Lagan Valley - Belfast to Lisburn
A November afternoon looking East to West
Photo credit: Bobby McKay.
- Belfast Lagan River
The Lagan Weir
Photo credit: david.nikonvscanon
- Looking up to Coire Lagan
Photo credit: Maria Keays
- Stena Lagan Passing The Pier Head
Liverpool's Three Graces and the Anglican Cathedral provide the backdrop to the regular Irish Sea ferry heading out from Birkenhead.
Photo credit: ARG_Flickr
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Lagan
Video shows what lagan means. Goods or materials found or left on the sea floor.. Lagan Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
View more videos about The Lagan.
See also the pronunciation examples of Lagan!
Quotes about Lagan
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'lagan"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of L1A1G2A1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of LAGAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Lagan!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Lagan to see it in context!