Land of Enchantment
is an acrostic for loe.
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun land of enchantment
What does land of enchantment mean as a name of something?
- a state in southwestern United States on the Mexican border
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of Land of Enchantment: N.M. / New Mexico / NM
- instance of: American state = one of the 50 states of the United States
- part of: Southwest / southwestern United States = the southwestern region of the United States generally including New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, California, and sometimes Utah and Colorado; America / the States / U.S. / U.S.A. / United States / United States of America / US / USA = North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park = a national park in New Mexico featuring what is probably the world's largest cavern with spectacular underground formations
- Albuquerque = the largest city in New Mexico
- Carlsbad = a town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border
- Farmington = a town in northwestern New Mexico
- Gallup = a town in northwestern New Mexico near the Arizona border
- Las Cruces = a town in southern New Mexico on the Rio Grande
- Los Alamos = a town in north central New Mexico
- Roswell = a town in southeast New Mexico
- capital of New Mexico / Santa Fe = capital of the state of New Mexico
- Silver City = a town in southwestern New Mexico
- Taos = an artist colony in northern New Mexico
- Chihuahuan Desert = a desert in western Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and northern Mexico
- Brazos River / Brazos = a river that rises in Mexico and flows across Texas into the Gulf of Mexico
- Canadian River / Canadian = a river rising in northeastern New Mexico and flowing eastward across the Texas panhandle to become a tributary of the Arkansas River in Oklahoma
- Carlsbad Caverns = a group of caverns in southeastern New Mexico noted for their stalactites and stalagmites
- Cimarron River / Cimarron = a river that rises in northeastern New Mexico and flows eastward into Oklahoma where it becomes a tributary of the Arkansas River
- Colorado Plateau = a large plateau to the south and west of the Rocky Mountains; abuts mountains on the north and east and ends in an escarpment overlooking lowlands to the south and west
- Gila River / Gila = a river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River
- Guadalupe Mountains = a mountain range in southern New Mexico and western Texas
- Llano Estacado = a large semiarid plateau forming the southern part of the Great Plains
- Pecos River / Pecos = a tributary of the Rio Grande that flows southeastward from New Mexico through western Texas
- Sacramento Mountains = mountain range in New Mexico to the east of the Rio Grande
- Wheeler Peak = a mountain peak in northeastern New Mexico in the Rocky Mountains
Land Of Enchantment a.k.a. New Mexico is a state located in the southwestern and western regions of the United States. It is usually considered one of the Mountain States. New Mexico is the 5th most extensive, the 36th most populous, and the 6th least densely populated of the 50 United States.
- also known as The Land of Enchantment, NM
- founded on (102 years ago)
- country: United States of America
- capital: Santa Fe
- read more about New Mexico (state)
Land of Enchantment is a publisher.
- "Land of Enchantment" is the fifteenth album by American singer-songwriter Michael Martin Murphey. The album reached number 33 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart.
- "Land of Enchantment" is a musical album of Deuter.
- released in (27 years ago)
- "Land of Enchantment" is a musical album of Michael Chapdelaine.
- released in (17 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Land of Enchantment
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
New Mexico State Police (2013)
by Ronald Taylor
The Land of Enchantment is a cultural mosaic; its wealth is in its multicultural composition. This mix kept New Mexico a territory of the United States for over six decades, and it was the conflicts of becoming an American people that finally led ...
States of Mind (2001)
by Brad Herzog
The Land of Enchantment is a place of side- by-side contrasts as incongruous as adobes and observatories. New Mexico's hallmarks are its extremes — ancient and futuristic, historic and cutting-edge. The aged New Mexico can be found in ...
by Michael York
The Land of Enchantment — with Meatball Fulton (1997), Dancing ...
by Random House, Stephen Elliott
milestone, watershed 11 comerstone 12 tumirig point 16 historic build"Ю Landmarks god of: 8 Temiinus Land of Enchantment nickname of: 9 New Mexico Land of Lincoln ...
by Johann Georg Heck
India — the land of enchantment and wonder, lighted by the clear southern sky, endowed with magic beauty, embracing the grandeur of all climes from eternal ice to tropical verdure, possessed of stupendous mountain-ranges, of majestic ...
India — the land of enchantment and wonder, lighted by the clear ,southern sky, endowed with magic beauty, embracing the grandeur of all climes from eternal ice to tropical verdure, possessed of stupendous mountain-ranges, of majestic ...
(public Documents Excepted) by Illinois State Library
Land of enchantment: from Pike's Peak to the Paci6c. Whiting, Lilian. II. 8°. Boston.
More Than a Century of Recordings from Wax Cylinder to the Internet by Brian Wright-McLeod
vocals Michael Martin Murphey: Land of Enchantment [Warner 1989] Billy Joe Shaver: Tramp ...
With the Complete Text of the Constitution of the United States by Michael Rheta Martin, Leonard Gelber
Its nicknames are the "Land of Enchantment" and "Sunshine State." New Nationalism. The slogan applied to the political philosophy and program of THEODORE ROOSEVELT'S administrations. Referring to the belief that the nation was the ...
Encyclopedia of Heaven (1999)
by Miriam Van Scott
The lowest level is a natural land of enchantment populated by "mild ANIMALS,” “ multicolored birds,” and “delicious flowers” through which "crystal 33 (t streams" endlessly flow, Savonarola refers to this as "paradise," a physical dimension of ...
by R. W. McColl
NEW MEXICO IS THE “Land of Enchantment.” Nowhere else in the UNITED STATES can such a variety of landscapes, histories, and traditions be found. Located in the American southwest, New Mexico is part of the dry and warm Four ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Land of Enchantment
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Land of Enchantment
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Land Of Enchantment
Photo credit: bad9brad
- Land of Enchantment
by Woodrow W. Crumbo (Potawatomi-Creek), 1946.
Photo credit: paul.comstock
- Land of Enchantment
New Mexico state border at Highway 285.
Photo credit: rutlo
- Land Of Enchantment
Photo credit: JKDs
- Welcome to New Mexico ... Land of Enchantment
Photo credit: Road Travel America
- THE LAND OF ENCHANTMENT
on queen st. west
Photo credit: marc falardeau
- The Land of Enchantment
Photo credit: Jonas Lamis
- New Mexico - Land of Enchantment
Photo credit: tico_manudo
- The Land of Enchantment
Photo credit: 'Lillith' Olivia
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Land of Enchantment to see it in context!