On this page:
- Definition of the noun largo
- Definition of the adjective largo
- Definition of the adverb largo
- Phrases with Largo
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Largo
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Largo
- Photos about Largo
- Videos about Largo
- Quotes about Largo
- Scrabble value of L1A1R1G2O1
- Anagrams of LARGO
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun largo
What does largo mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: largos
- (music) a composition or passage that is to be performed in a slow and dignified manner
- domain: music
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic terms: composition / musical composition / opus / piece / piece of music = a musical work that has been created; musical passage / passage = a short section of a musical composition
Definition of the adjective largo
What does largo mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- very slow in tempo and broad in manner
- similar: slow
Definition of the adverb largo
What does largo mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- slowly and broadly
- domain: music
- Largo is the third largest city in Pinellas County, Florida, USA, and is part of the Tampa Bay Area. Centrally located, it is the crossroads of the county. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 77,648, up from 69,371 at the 2000 census.
- Largo a.k.a. Largo, California: Largo is an unincorporated community in Mendocino County, California. It is located on the Northwestern Pacific Railroad 10 miles south-southeast of Ukiah, at an elevation of 522 feet.
- read more about Largo, California
There are other places with in their name, like Key Largo, Rio Largo, Cerro Largo, Llano Largo, Lower Largo, Upper Largo, Largo Cadushi, Largo High School, Cayo Largo del Sur, Cerro Largo Department and Largo di Torre Argentina.
Phrases with Largo
Phrases ending with the word Largo:
Other phrases containing the word Largo:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Largo
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Pronouncing Dictionary and Condensed Encyclopedia of Musical Terms, Instruments, Composers, and Important Works (1880)
by William Smythe Babcock Mathews
Equivalent to largo, or adagio, or lento. Langsamer (Ger. lang'-sam-Sr). Slower. Languemente (Ital. lan-gue-man'-tS). Lan- guishingly. Languendo (Ttal. la'n - gw&n'-do), Lan- guente(Ital. lttn-gwan -t£), Languido (Ital. Ian -gwe-d5). Languishing ...
by Encyclopaedia Perthensis
LARGO, a parish of Scotland, in Fifefhire, nearly 6 miles long from SW. to NE. but of very unequal breadth ; containing 5469 acres. The S. part of it affords a delightful view *of elegant feats, thriving plantations, populous Villages, fertile fields, ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis, Or, Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, Etc. : Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
LARGO, a parish of Scotland, in Fifeshire, nearly 6 miles ...
by Edward Dickinson, George Whitfield Andrews, Arthur Foote, Janet M. Green, Emil Liebling, Josephine Thrall
largo implying one degree quicker than grave and two degrees slower than adagio. 2. (n.) A slow, dignified style. largo andante (lar'-go an-dan'-te) It. Slow; distinct; exact. largo assai (lar'-go as-sa'-e) It. Rather slow; very slow; slow enough; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Largo
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Largo
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Key Largo.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Largo
Click on an item to play that video:
- Largo Meaning
Video shows what largo means. a very slow tempo. a musical piece or movement in such a tempo. largo pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by ...
- English Language Learning at Largo Public Library
If you are a speaker of a another language or want to help someone learn English, check out the English Language Learning program at Largo Public Library!
See also the pronunciation examples of Largo!
Quotes about Largo
Scrabble value of L1A1R1G2O1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine