On this page:
Definition of the adverb lately
What does lately mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- in the recent past
Alternative definition of the adverb lately
- Recently; not long ago.
- "Lately" is a song by American singer Stevie Wonder recorded for his album Hotter than July. The song was covered by R&B group Jodeci and released as a promotional single for the live album Uptown MTV Unplugged in June 1993.
- "Lately" is the debut single from singer/songwriter Lisa Scott-Lee after the split of the pop group Steps. it was released on 12 May 2003 by Mercury Records UK and was written by Scott-Lee and Point 4. The single peaked at #6 in the UK charts, despite hot competition from Sophie Ellis Bextor and the Sugababes. "Lately" was also a successful dance track, peaking at #3 in the UK Dance Charts.
- "Lately" is a song by Skunk Anansie, released as the third single from their album Post Orgasmic Chill. It was released in August 1999. CD1 came with an interactive element featuring the video and CD2 featured three exclusive Polaroid pictures of the band. As of 2012, it is the band's last major hit, charting at #33 in their native United Kingdom.
- "Lately" is a 2013 album by Idan Amedi.
- released in
- "Lately" is a ballad recorded by American R&B girl group Divine. The song was released as the group's debut single in 1998 and peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart in the USA. The gospel-inspired song was eventually released to international markets, but it failed to make as big of an impact as it did in North America.
- "Lately" is a song by the American soul singer Macy Gray. It is the first UK single from her fifth album The Sellout. The song was released on June 14, 2010 in the UK and it remixes EP on June 17, 2010. Lately has been a success on the Billboard's Hot Dance Club Play, so far reaching the top-ten.
- "Lately" is the third single released from Tyrese's first studio album Tyrese. The single reached number 56 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number 12 on the R&B chart. The song stayed on the Hot 100 chart for a total of thirteen weeks.
- music by Tyrese Gibson
- "Lately" is the studio album by the Contemporary Christian and gospel singer Raymond Cilliers.It was released on the label Brettian Productions in 2005.
- "Lately" is a musical single of Skunk Anansie.
- released on (15 years ago)
- "Lately" is a musical single of Jon B..
- released on (10 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Lately
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1911)
Lately Professor of Mercantile Law and Practice in the Wharton School of Finance and Economy, University of Pennsylvania. Commerce; Finance. ELLIOTT COUES, M.D., Ph.D." Lately Professor of Anatomy in ...
Teaching to Write and Pronounce the English Tongue with Ease and Propriety, in Wich Each Word is Accented According to Its Just and Natural Pronunciation ... with a List of Proper Names of Men and Women ..., Towich is Prefixed a Gammatical Introduction to the English Tongue by John Entick, William Crakelt
lately adopted, lately chosen New'closing, part. lately...
New'fashioned, a lately come into fashion, fine New'grown, part. lately grown, just sprung up Newly, ad. freshly, lately, ...
E.'s New Spelling and English Dictionary ... To which is prefixed a ... Grammar ... By W. Crakelt (1795)
by John ENTICK, William CRAKELT
lately adopted, lately chofen New closing, a. lately clofing, newly healing Newsel, f. the upright post in a staircafe Newfangled, a newly formed, novel, affećted Ne ei,f a fooliíh lovc of novelty ...
Entick's New Spelling Dictionary ... Carefully revised, corrected, and improved, by John Robinson (1834)
by John ENTICK, John ROBINSON (Schoolmaster, of London.)
New adopted, a lately adopted, lately chosen. New'closing, a lately closing, newly healing. Newel, s, the upright post in a staircase. Newfangled, a newly formed, novel, affected. Newfangledness, s, a foolish love of novelty. New fashioned, a ...
by Matatʻeay Petrosean
lately finished or ended ; young, raw, inexpert; ...
Entick's New spelling dictionary, teaching to write and pronounce the English tongue ... To which is prefixed, A grammatical introduction to the English tongue. A new edition. Revised, corrected, and enlarged. To which is added, A catalogue of words of similar sounds, but of different spellings ... By William Crakelt (1788)
by John ENTICK, William CRAKELT
lately adapted, lately chosen Nev/ closing,"part. lately closing, newly healing' New'el, the upright post that is in a stzircase New'fangled, a. fond of novelty, changeable, sicNew'fangledness,s a foolish ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lately
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Lately
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Lately
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Lately!
Quotes about Lately
Scrabble value of L1A1T1E1L1Y4
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of LATELY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Lately!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Lately to see it in context!