On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun law degree
What does law degree mean as a name of something?
- degree conferred on someone who successfully completes law school
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic terms: academic degree / degree = an award conferred by a college or university signifying that the recipient has satisfactorily completed a course of study
- more specific terms:
- Law Degree a.k.a. The Juris Doctor is a professional doctorate and first professional graduate degree in law. The degree is earned by completing law school in the United States, Canada, Australia, and other common law countries. Many who hold the degree of Juris Doctor are professionals committed to the practice of law, and may choose to focus their practice on criminal law, tort, family law, corporate law, and/or a wide range of other areas.
- read more about Juris Doctor
- Law degree: A law degree is an academic degree conferred for studies in law. Such degrees are generally preparation for legal careers; but while their curricula may be reviewed by legal authority, they do not themselves confer a license. A legal license is granted and exercised locally; while the Law Degree can have local, international, and world-wide aspects- e.g., in Britain the Legal Practice Course is required to become a British solicitor or the Bar Professional Training Course to become a barrister.
- also known as 法律學位
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Law Degree
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Quick Reference by Stephen Michael Sheppard
LAW DEGREE A professional degree in law and one of the qualifications to practice law. BACHELOR OF LAWS (LL.B. OR LLB) The first university degree in law. DOCTOR OF LAWS (LL.D. OR LLD) A doctoral degree in law, usually given as ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Law Degree
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Law Degree
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Law Degree
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Law Degree!
Quotes about Law Degree
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Law Degree to see it in context!