On this page:
- Definition of the noun leach
- Definition of the verb leach
- Phrases with Leach
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Leach
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Leach
- Usage statistics about leach
- Photos about Leach
- Videos about Leach
- Quotes about Leach
- Scrabble value of L1E1A1C3H4
- Anagrams of LEACH
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun leach
What does leach mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: leaches
- the process of leaching
Alternative definition of the noun leach
- A quantity of wood ashes, through which water passes, and thus imbibes the alkali.
- A tub or vat for leaching ashes, bark, etc.
Definition of the verb leach
What does leach mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: leached | leaching | leaches
- cause (a liquid) to leach or percolate
- permeate or penetrate gradually
- remove substances from by a percolating liquid
- example: leach the soil
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - intentional control] [Verb] [Source] Brian wiped the counter | Carla shoveled the walk [Agent - intentional control] [Verb] [Theme] Barry Cryer erased the writing [Agent - intentional control] [Verb] [Theme] from / out / out of / off / off of [Source] Brian wiped the fingerprints from the counter | Carla shoveled the snow from the walk | Doug removed the smudges from the tabletop
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- synonym of leach: strip
- more generic terms: remove / take / take away / withdraw = remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, or taking off, or remove something abstract
Alternative definition of the verb leach
- [transitive] To purge a soluble matter out of something by the action of a percolating fluid.
Leach is a census-designated place in southwestern Delaware County, Oklahoma, United States, along U.S. Highway 412 Scenic. The population was 220 at the 2000 census.
- Leach is a fictional character from the 1958 film Wolf Larsen.
- Leach is a fictional character from the 1962 film The Connection.
- Leach is a fictional character from the 1982 film A Piano for Mrs. Cimino.
- Leach is a fictional character from Bullet for a Badman.
- Leach: Leach-Biltwell Motor Company designed, engineered, manufactured, and distributed luxury automobiles in the early 1920s. They used a Continental 303.1 cubic inch inline six-cylinder engine. Some of the advanced features of the Power-Plus Six included a tilt and telescoping steering column, removable steering wheel and a directional signal/stop light box on the rear fender.
- Leach or Leach Steamer was an American automobile company started in 1899.
- Leach is a canonical version, musical recording.
- Leach is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Leach
- Leach is a family name.
Phrases with Leach
Phrases starting with the word Leach:
Phrase ending with the word Leach:
Other phrases containing the word Leach:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Leach
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Grammar to Go (2005)
The Portable A - Zed Guide to Canadian Usage by Rob Colter
Leach is the word the soil engineer uses to describe the process by which a liquid, usually water, penetrates a ...
Dictionary of Biology (2014)
by Bill Indge
The leach is a parasite. By moving toward a source of heat, it will be better able to find its warm-blooded host. taxonomy: the scientific study of classification. T-cell: a type of lymphocyte that does not secrete antibodies. There are many different ...
by Peter D. Schiff, Andrew J. Schiff
About the Illustrator BRENDAN LEACH is a New York City.
Fundamentals, Standards, Platforms, and Applications by Nitaigour P. Mahalik
LEACH is a clustering-based hierarchical routing protocol designed for WSNs. The protocol requires a set of sensor nodes to be elected as clusterheads according to a randomised algorithm. The set of nodes that are ...
by Peter Morris, Jeffrey K. Pinto
Larry Leach Larry Leach is the president of the Advanced Projects Institute (API), a management consulting firm. API specializes in project management, which includes leading the implementation of the new Critical Chain method of project ...
by Stephen Diller, Janelle Diller
There are several systems you can use that will leach the ...
1500-1830 by A. W. Skempton
Eventually in 1810 the Committee put forward a practical scheme, drafted by Leach, for locks and weirs at Teddington, Sunbury, Shepperton and Chertsey. with no long cuts; the locks were to be timber- framed 150ft. and 20ft. wide to take the ...
Comprising the Definitions and Derivations of the Scientific Terms in General Use, Together with the History and Descriptions of the Scientific Principles of Nearly Every Branch of Human Knowledge by William Thomas Brande, George William Cox
Gibbula, Leach. Margarita, Leach).
by David Adams Leeming, Margaret Adams Leeming
Source: Leach, 19.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Leach
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about leach
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb leach:
Photos about Leach
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: danieljordahl
- Concrete Leach
Wall of an outbuilding of the Allegheny Power Station.
Photo credit: the.Firebottle
- Leach's Storm-Petrel
Note long narrow wings, forked tail, lack of white on undertail coverts
Photo credit: Seabamirum
- Chris Leach
WPT Borgata Winter Poker Open Season 16
Photo credit: World Poker Tour
- Leach Lake, Alberta
Photo credit: gripso_banana_prune
- Leach 2R-II Rear Loader
Leach Rear Loader
Photo credit: Dorsey Photography
- Clackamas River by Leach Botanical Garden
Photo credit: 3liz4
- Leach field
Photo credit: forestfolks
View more pictures about Leach Pottery.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Leach
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Leach!
Quotes about Leach
When I interview people, and they give me an immediate answer, they're often not thinking. So I'm silent. I wait. Because they think they have to keep answering. And it's the second train of thought that's the better answer. (Robin Leach)
more quotes about leach...
Scrabble value of L1E1A1C3H4
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine