Definition of the noun linksman
What does linksman mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: linksmen
- someone who plays the game of golf
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of linksman: golf player / golfer
- more generic words: participant / player = a person who participates in or is skilled at some game
- more specific terms:
- driver = a golfer who hits the golf ball with a driver
- professional golfer / golf pro = someone who earns a living by playing or teaching golf
- hacker = someone who plays golf poorly
- hooker = a golfer whose shots typically curve left
- medal winner / medallist / medalist = the winner at medal play of a tournament
- putter = a golfer who is putting
- slicer = a golfer whose shots typically curve right
- William Benjamin Hogan / Ben Hogan / Hogan = United States golfer who won many major golf tournaments
- Robert Tyre Jones / Bobby Jones / Jones = United States golfer
- Jack William Nicklaus / Jack Nicklaus / Nicklaus = United States golfer considered by many to be the greatest golfer of all time
- Gregory John Norman / Greg Norman / Norman = Australian golfer
- Arnold Daniel Palmer / Arnold Palmer / Palmer = United States golfer
- Gene Sarazen / Sarazen = United States golfer who was first to win all four major golf tournaments
- Samuel Jackson Snead / Sam Snead / Snead = United States golfer known for the graceful arc of his swing
- Lee Buck Trevino / Lee Trevino / Supermex / Trevino = United States golfer
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Linksman
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
round, swing 6 course, hazard, marker, stance, stroke 8 approach, foursome, handicap 9 backswing, downswing, flagstick 10 Vardon grip golfer 8 linksman man: 3 Els (Ernie) 4 Daly (John), Ford (Doug), Kite (Tom), Lyle (Sandy), Mize ( Larry), ...
Based Upon the Unabridged Dictionary of Noah Webster : with a Reference Library and Treasury of Facts by Noah Webster, Harry Thurston Peck
linksman (lingks'man) and Unksboy (lingks' boi) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Linksman
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of L1I1N1K5S1M3A1N1
The value of this 8-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of LINKSMAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Linksman!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Linksman to find many related words and phrases!