On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun living quarters
What does living quarters mean as a name of something?
- housing available for people to live in
- usage: plural / plural form
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of living quarters: quarters
- more generic terms: housing / living accommodations / lodging = structures collectively in which people are housed
- more specific terms:
- accommodation = living quarters provided for public convenience
- domiciliation / diggings / lodgings / digs / pad = temporary living quarters
- student residence / residence hall / dormitory / dorm / hall = a college or university building containing living quarters for students
- forecastle / fo'c'sle = living quarters consisting of a superstructure in the bow of a merchant ship where the crew is housed
- seraglio / hareem / serail / harem = living quarters reserved for wives and concubines and female relatives in a Muslim household
- military quarters = living quarters for personnel on a military post
"Living Quarters" is a play written by Brian Friel and first performed in the Abbey Theatre in Dublin, Ireland, in 1977.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Living Quarters
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Geoffrey W. Bromiley
The uppermost level consisted of a large semicircular porch and ornately decorated living quarters (only four rooms, indicating that it was a family villa rather than a royal palace). The middle level, 20 m. (66 ft.) below, had a circular pavilion ...
by Jeffrey Wayne Vincoli
Separate living quarters are those in which the occupants do not live and eat with any other perHPS sons in the structure and which have either a) direct access from the outside of the building or through a common hallway intended to be used ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Living Quarters
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Living Quarters
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Living quarters
Photo credit: brunosan
- Living quarters in Tarin Kowt
Policy Adviser Joel McGregor (left) and Development Adviser James O'Brien (right) take some time out in their accommodation at Multi-National Base Tarin Kowt, Urguzan
To request copyright use and access to hi-res versions of this photo, contact [email protected]
Photo credit: DFAT photo library
- Moon Living Quarters
Taken at the Second Life Scilands Continent: National Space Society.
Creative commons photo by ideonexus.com. Please feel free to reuse for any purpose.
Photo credit: Ryan Somma
- Valhall Living Quarters
BP Valhall Living Quarters being fabricated at SLP Engineering.
Smaller fabrication on the right is the PFS (Power-from-shore) module.
Photo credit: Kevin Millican
- Castle living quarters
Castle Road, Germany
Photo credit: quinet
- Checking out his new living quarters
Photo credit: kona99
- Hualapai Tribe Living quarters
Photo credit: Venture Vancouver
- In the living quarters
Photo credit: peterme
- Living quarters, Hanstholm bunker
Photo credit: jimkillock
- Lakota 4 Horse Trailer with Living Quarters - Stalls
Photo credit: trailersoftheeastcoast
- Former Fort Michie Living Quarters
The really nice thing about entering the enclosed concrete structures on GGI is that they are about the only place on the whole island you're safe from attack by outraged terns.
Photo credit: Sapphireblue
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos: