|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun love-in-a-mist
What does love-in-a-mist mean as a name of something?
- tropical American passion flower with finely dissected bracts; stems malodorous when crushed
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Passiflora foetida
- synonyms of love-in-a-mist: running pop / wild water lemon
- more generic terms: passionflower / passionflower vine = any of various chiefly tropical American vines some bearing edible fruit
- geographic area: Caribbean, North America, Oceania
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
- chickweed with hairy silver-grey leaves and rather large white flowers
- European garden plant having finely cut leaves and white or pale blue flowers
Alternative definition of the noun love-in-a-mist
- Nigella damascena, an annual flowering plant of the genus Nigella, the blooms of which are generally blue in colour, though also found in shades of pink, white or pale purple.
- synonym: nigella
- "Love-in-a-mist" a.k.a. "Loveinamist": Love in a Mist is a 1967 studio album by British musician Marianne Faithfull. Michael Cooper is credited for the design and photography.
- "Love-in-a-mist" a.k.a. "Love In A Mist" is a musical album of Indigenous.
- "Love-in-a-mist" a.k.a. "Love In A Mist" is a book by Field & Jill MacLean.
- "Love-in-a-mist" a.k.a. "Love in a Mist" is a book by Patricia Grasso.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for love-in-a-mist
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Leslie Land
A Nigella sativa is the right plant, but love-in-a-mist is the common name for N damascena, a popular annual. N sativa is most often called black cumin. To add to the confusion, ...
It grows in Italy, love-in-a-mist, love-ln-a-puxzle, s. Bot.: Nigella damascena. % West Indian Love-in-a-Mist, Bot. : Passiflora fostida. love-in-idleness, «. Bot.: Viola tricolor.
by Walter P. Wright
Love-in-a-mist (Nigella).—A pretty hardy annual (see Annuals). The largest variety is Miss Jekyll, which has fine blue flowers, and is one of the best late-blooming annuals, especially on limestone. Love-in-idleness.—See Pansy.
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
in English: jack-in-the-green, love-in-a-mist in Arabic: habba souda, sinouj ...
The English Dialect Dictionary, Being the Complete Vocabulary of All Dialect Words Still in Use, Or Known to Have Been in Use During the Last Two Hundred Years: F-M (1900)
by Joseph Wright
- entangle, love-in-a-mist, Nigella damascena ; (5) -entangle_d, (a) see (4) ; (b) bachelor ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for love-in-a-mist
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about love-in-a-mist
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Leimenide
Photo credit: dichohecho
- Love-in-a-Mist seeds
Photo credit: anneheathen
- Love-in-a-Mist in Mottisfont Abbey Gardens
Photo credit: Leimenide
- Love-in-a-Mist with California Poppies
Photo credit: ClatieK
- Nigella Persian Jewels "Love-in-a-mist"
Photo credit: Mickey Thurman
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Anagrams of LOVE-IN-A-MIST
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of love-in-a-mist!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of love-in-a-mist to find many related words and phrases!