|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun love-in-a-mist
What does love-in-a-mist mean as a name of something?
- tropical American passion flower with finely dissected bracts; stems malodorous when crushed
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Passiflora foetida
- synonyms of love-in-a-mist: running pop / wild water lemon
- more generic terms: passionflower / passionflower vine = any of various chiefly tropical American vines some bearing edible fruit
- geographic area: Caribbean, North America, Oceania
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
- chickweed with hairy silver-grey leaves and rather large white flowers
- European garden plant having finely cut leaves and white or pale blue flowers
Alternative definition of the noun love-in-a-mist
- Nigella damascena, an annual flowering plant of the genus Nigella, the blooms of which are generally blue in colour, though also found in shades of pink, white or pale purple.
- synonym: nigella
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for love-in-a-mist
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
in English: jack-in-the-green, love-in-a-mist in Arabic: habba souda, sinouj ...
by Walter Page Wright
Love-in-a-mist (Nigella).—A pretty hardy annual (see ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for love-in-a-mist
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about love-in-a-mist
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Leimenide
Photo credit: dichohecho
- Love-in-a-Mist seeds
Photo credit: anneheathen
- Love-in-a-Mist in Mottisfont Abbey Gardens
Photo credit: Leimenide
- Love-in-a-Mist with California Poppies
Photo credit: ClatieK
- Nigella Persian Jewels "Love-in-a-mist"
Photo credit: Mickey Thurman
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Anagrams of LOVE-IN-A-MIST
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of love-in-a-mist!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of love-in-a-mist to find many related words and phrases!