Definition of the noun lyginopteris
What does lyginopteris mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- genus of fossil seed ferns of the Carboniferous
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Lyginopteris: genus Lyginopteris
- more generic term: gymnosperm genus = a genus of gymnosperms
- member of: Cycadofilicales / Lyginopteridales / order Cycadofilicales / order Lyginopteridales = fossil gymnospermous trees or climbing plants from the Devonian: seed ferns
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Lyginopteris
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Dr. Singh, Dr. Pande & Dr. Jain
Lyginopteris is a seed fern. 2. Seed ferns differ from true ferns in the presence of small, microphyllous leaves. 3. The fossils of Lyginopteris oldhamia were found in the form of impression, hence the internal structure ...
Concise Encyclopedia Biology (1996)
Lyginopteris oldhamia from the Upper Carboniferous. a Reconstruction of stem and leaves. b Seed with cupula. c Longitudinal section of a seed. Lymantriidae, tussock moths: a family of the Lepidoptera containing about 2 000 species, closely ...
Encyclopedia of Time (2009)
Science, Philosophy, Theology, & Culture by H. James Birx
Lyginopteris), which are considered to be the common ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lyginopteris
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of L1Y4G2I1N1O1P3T1E1R1I1S1
The value of this 12-letter word is 18 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Lyginopteris to find many related words and phrases!