On this page:
"Maborosi", known in Japan as Maboroshi no Hikari is a 1995 Japanese film by director Hirokazu Koreeda starring Makiko Esumi, Tadanobu Asano, and Takashi Naito. It is based on a novel by Teru Miyamoto.
- also known as Illusion, Das Licht der Illusion, Maboroshi no hikari
- country: Japan
- language: Japanese Language
- producer: Naoe Gozu
- executive producer: Yutaka Shigenobu
- production design by Kyôko Heya
- art direction by Kyôko Heya
- written by Teru Miyamoto & Yoshihisa Ogita
- based on a story by Teru Miyamoto
- cinematography by Masao Nakabori
- edited by Tomoyo Oshima
- music by Bobby Chen
- costume design by Michiko Kitamura
- set decoration by Yoshihito Akatsuka & Yoshihito Akatsuka
- genres: Thriller, Mystery, Drama
- released on (19 years ago)
- award: - Japan Academy Award for Newcomer of the Year, received by Makiko Esumi
Printed books with definitions for Maborosi
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Copyright, Piracy and Cinema by Laikwan Pang
Maborosi is an extremely peaceful and calm movie, with static camerawork and extremely long takes that unequivocally remind us of Taiwan's New Wave. While Maborosi can be meaningfully compared to many of Hou's early films like Time to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Maborosi
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of M3A1B3O1R1O1S1I1
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MABOROSI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Maborosi!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Maborosi for some fun with words!