Mache appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- Lazy movers quit hard-packing of papier-mache jewelry boxes. (50 letters)
On this page:
Mache a.k.a. Maché is a commune in the Vendée department in the Pays de la Loire region in western France.
- also known as 马舍
- part of Vendée
- Mache is a fictional character from the 1964 film Mofturi 1900.
- Mache is a fictional character from the 2009 film The Locker.
Mache a.k.a. Corn salad: Valerianella locusta is a small dicot annual plant of the family Caprifoliaceae that is an edible leaf vegetable with a characteristic nutty flavor, dark green color, and soft texture, popularly served as salad greens. Common names include corn salad, common cornsalad, lamb's lettuce, mâche, fetticus, feldsalat, nut lettuce, field salad, and rapunzel. In restaurants that feature French cooking, it may be called doucette or raiponce, as an alternative to mâche, by which it is best known. In German-speaking Switzerland it is known as Nüsslisalat or Nüssli, terms that have been borrowed by the area's many English-speakers.
- also known as Lamb's lettuce, Mâche, Fetticus, Feldsalat, Nut lettuce, Field salad, Rapunzel, Doucette, Raiponce, cornsalad, Valerianella locusta
- Mache a.k.a. Bodo Language: Bodo, or Mech, is the Sino-Tibetan language of the Bodo people of north-eastern India and Nepal. It is one of the official languages of the Indian state of Assam, and is one of the 22 scheduled languages that is given a special constitutional status in India. Bodo language is written using Devanagari script. Earlier it was written using Roman Script. Devanagari has been used for Bodo since 1963.
- read more about Bodo Language
- Mache is an obsolete unit of volumic radioactivity named for the Austrian physicist Heinrich Mache. It was defined as the quantity of radon per litre of air which ionises a sustained current of 0.001 esu.
Phrases with Mache
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mache
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Great Greens (2003)
Fresh, Flavorful, and Innovative Recipes by Georgeanne Brennan, Todd Koons, Frankie Frankeny
Mache (Valenanella locusta) Also known as lamb's lettuce and com salad, mache is a small, tender cluster of dark green leaves with a nutty flavor and silky texture. There are several vaneties, some with a spoon or cup-shaped ...
by Haven Logan
Pronounced “mosh,” mache is a delicate succulent green with graceful, velvety leaves. This is a delightful salad that easily makes for a full meal. While the preparation takes a while, the bonus is that all the ingredients can be used for future ...
Pay Dirt (2010)
How To Make $10,000 a Year From Your Backyard Garden by John Tullock
Mache is a delicately flavored green that tolerates cold so well that it can be planted in fall and left to overwinter. Also called corn salad, lamb's lettuce, and rapunzel, it is always eaten fresh. Grow as you would lettuce, but cover the large seeds ...
Art 4-11 (1988)
Art in the Early Years of Schooling by Margaret Morgan
Papier mache is a mixture of wet paper and a water-based adhesive (Polycell is excellent for this purpose). It can be pulped and modelled like clay or applied in sheets and strips over supporting surfaces and structures. Soft wire armatures ...
Papier- mache is a prime craft material for this, for sculpture, and for making masks. Women should have sewing, knitting, crotcheting, tapestry making, and needlework classes and courses available to them. Carpentry, toy making, and ...
A History and Guide to Collecting by J. William Rosenthal
Papier Alacne Papier mache is a method of fashioning objects and was patented in 1772 by Henry Clay in Birmingham, England. Cellulose pulp from ground paper or wood was mixed with animal glue or gum arabic, pressed into a mold, and ...
Osage Dictionary (2014)
by Carolyn Quintero
и LFD 103: mache/mahce ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mache
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Mache
Photo credit: Calgary Reviews
Video about Mache
Definition (Spoken Word) - Mache
See also the pronunciation examples of Mache!
Quotes about Mache
Scrabble value of M3A1C3H4E1
The value of this 5-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the second edition of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MACHE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Mache!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mache to see it in context!