Macho appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Oh, cameras are macho.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun macho
- Definition of the adjective macho
- Phrases with Macho
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Macho
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Macho
- Photos about Macho
- Video language resources about Macho
- Quotes about Macho
- Scrabble value of M3A1C3H4O1
- Anagrams of MACHO
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun macho
What does macho mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: machos
- a male exhibiting or characterized by machismo
Alternative definition of the noun macho
- A macho person; a person who tends to display manly characteristics, such as domineering, fierceness, and bravado.
- The striped mullet of California (Mugil cephalus, / Mexicanus).
Definition of the adjective macho
What does macho mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more macho / most macho
Alternative definition of the adjective macho
- [informal] tending to display manly characteristics, such as domineering, fierceness, bravado, etc., in ways that are showily and histrionically tough
- Macho a.k.a. Héctor Camacho: Héctor Luís Camacho Matías, nicknamed Macho Camacho, was a Puerto Rican professional boxer and singer. Known for his quickness in the ring and flamboyant style, he held major championships in the super featherweight, lightweight, and junior welterweight divisions. After earning minor titles in four additional weight classes, Camacho became the first boxer to be recognized as a septuple champion.
- read more about Héctor Camacho
- Macho a.k.a. Héctor Camacho, Jr.: Héctor Camacho Jr. is a Puerto Rican professional boxer residing in the United States. He is the son of the late three-time world champion Héctor "Macho" Camacho. In 2009, he won the World Boxing Council Caribbean Boxing Federation Light Middleweight title.
- read more about Héctor Camacho, Jr.
- Macho a.k.a. Marzio Vincenzi is an italian dance vocalist.
- read more about Marzio Vincenzi
Macho was an Italian-American disco/R&B studio group. The Guadeloupe born French-Italian businessman Jacques Fred Petrus and Italian musician Mauro Malavasi, formed a joint production company, called Goody Music Production, in the mid-1970s. Their first project, in 1978, was called Macho, featuring Italian Marzio Vincenti as lead singer. Their only album was composed of three extended tracks. The band's sole chart success in the United States was an almost 18-minute-long disco cover version of the Spencer Davis Group's 1967 hit "I'm a Man", which was written by Steve Winwood. The track reached the Top 10 in the Billboard magazine's Dance chart in October 1978. An edited seven-minute version was also released.
Macho is a record label.
- Macho is a fictional character from the 2010 film The Last Godfather.
- Macho is a fictional character form the 2008 film SupahPapalicious.
- Macho is a fictional character from the 1998 film FL 19,99.
- Macho is a fictional character from the 2009 film All the Best: Fun Begins.
- Macho is a fictional character from animated series Cowboy Bebop.
- Macho is a fictional character from the 2013 comedy film Einmal Hans mit scharfer Soße.
- Macho is a fictional film character.
- "Macho" a.k.a. "Golden Balls" is a 1993 Spanish film directed by Bigas Luna. It stars Javier Bardem, Maria de Medeiros, Alessandro Gassman, Maribel Verdú and Benicio del Toro.
- read more about Golden Balls
- "Macho" is a film, written and directed by Rafael Palacio Illingworth.
- "Macho" is an album by Hungarian guitarist Gábor Szabó featuring performances recorded in 1975 and released on the Salvation label.
- "Macho" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Henny Vrienten
- "Macho" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "Macho" is a composition.
- music by Steve Turre
Macho a.k.a. Gurani Language: Gorani is a group of Northwestern Iranian dialects spoken by Kurdish people in the southernmost parts of Iranian Kurdistan and the Iraqi Kurdistan region. It is classified as a member of the Zaza–Gorani branch of the Northwestern Iranian languages. The Hewramî dialect, although often considered a sub-dialect of Gorani, is a very distinct dialect spoken by Gorani/Hewrami people in a region called Hewraman along the Iran–Iraq border, and is sometimes considered to be a distinct language.
- read more about Gurani Language
Phrases with Macho
- Cedro Macho
- Romero Macho
- Cornejo Macho
- Caprella Macho
- Mediterexis Macho
- Reichenbachia macho
- Species Caprella Macho
- Species Mediterexis Macho
- Species Reichenbachia Macho
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Macho
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Problems and Solutions by King Dphax
From thecradletothegrave boys aroundthe worldare reared to be “macho.” Beingmachoalso meansto avoid verbal and/or emotional expression. Being macho also means you're not supposed to care about your appearance and how youlook.
by Kenneth George Wilson
Macho is a Spanish word derived from the Portuguese, ma— chismo is Spanish, and both have entered English through contact with Hispanic- Americans. The adjective macho describes a virile, aggressive, overassertive male, ...
by F. Diez
macho to press is from the same root. Some derive i1. from the Heb. тает]: to slay, but the root is widely spread; cf. Gk. padana, L. mac-ula, mac-efìam . It. macco тает plenty, О. Fr. moque! a. heap, Wall. a make in lenty, perhaps orig.
Psychoactive Substances for Use in Sexual Practices by Christian Rätsch, Claudia Müller-Ebeling
Hilgos de Duende, Huanarpo macho] Jatropha grossidentata Pax et Hoffm., Jatropha peruviana Muell.-Arg. Jatropha spp. Other Names Guanarpo, huanarpo, ...
by Wayne R. Dynes
MACHO. The term macho is simply the Spanish word for ...
Macho. tamaatou (tamaatow) Primera pers. del plu. (forma exclusiva en A) del adj. pos. Significa, nuestro. Véase la gram. § 53-56. tamahahine adj. Femenino // s. Hembra // También: tamahine. tamahine Sinónimo de tamahahine. tamai ...
by Tony Thorne
macho adj assertively male, aggressively masculine. The word is a direct borrowing from Spanish in which it ...
Encyclopedia of Gangs (2008)
by Louis Kontos, David Brotherton
The adjective machista, “the person who embraces machismo and acts upon it,” is etymologically related to macho. Macho translates as “male,” and in the Spanish language it is most commonly used for animals. In addition, Spanish- speaking ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Macho
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Macho
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: dabulgari
Photo credit: Adopt Philly Pets
Photo credit: rawen balmaña imagery
Photo credit: Adopt Philly Pets
Reserva Municipal Lagoa Nimez - El Calafate - Argentina
Photo credit: Guilherme Jófili
A photo of Nagoya from the Nagoyish photo blog.
Photo credit: Ray Larabie
O Leandro, sempre impressionando
Photo credit: Marco Gomes
- Orthetrum coerulescens macho
Photo credit: ferran pestaña
- Macho Kangaroo
Seen on the back of a car.
Photo credit: mikecogh
- Macho y hembra
Photo credit: wow_wa_cow
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Macho
Click on an item to play that video:
- Macho Meaning
Video shows what macho means. tending to display masculine characteristics, such as domineering, fierceness, bravado, etc., in ways that are showily and ...
- MACHO Meaning
Video shows what MACHO means. massive compact halo object. MACHO Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say MACHO.
View more videos about Macho Man.
See also the pronunciation examples of Macho!
Quotes about Macho
Scrabble value of M3A1C3H4O1
The value of this 5-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MACHO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Macho!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Macho to see it in context!