The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun maculation:
On this page:
Definition of the noun maculation
What does maculation mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: maculations
- a small contrasting part of something
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonyms of maculation: dapple / fleck / patch / speckle / spot
- more generic word: marking = a pattern of marks
- more specific terms:
- pinpoint / speck = a very small spot
- nebula = a faint cloudy spot on the cornea
- splash = a patch of bright color
- worn spot / fret = a spot that has been worn away by abrasion or erosion
- plaque = a small abnormal patch on or inside the body
- macula / macule = a patch of skin that is discolored but not usually elevated
- parhelion / mock sun / sundog = a bright spot on the parhelic circle
- sunspot / macula = a cooler darker spot appearing periodically on the sun's photosphere
- solar facula / facula = a large bright spot on the sun's photosphere occurring most frequently in the vicinity of sunspots
- facula = a bright spot on a planet
- the act of spotting or staining something
Alternative definition of the noun maculation
- [context: Shakespearian] The act of spotting; a spot; a blemish.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for maculation
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Identification, Natural History, and Distribution of the Cicindelinae by David L. Pearson, C. Barry Knisley, Daniel P. Duran, Charles J. Kazilek
The front maculation is a straight and angled line. It is restricted to sandy clearings in pine and poplar forests in the far north of Alberta, Saskatchewan and adjacent Northwest Territories. Intergrade individuals with nympha are regular along a narrow band in central Alberta. C. limbata labradorensis W. N. Johnson: A small and isolated population of C. limbata was recently found near the airport at Goose Bay, Labrador. In 1990 it was described as a separate subspecies. Its maculation ...
Encyclopedia of Entomology (2008)
by John L. Capinera
Maculation is pale, usually translucent with gray spots, and wing shapes rather broad and ...
An English expositour, or Compleat dictionary: teaching the interpretation of the hardest words, and most usefull terms of art used in our language. First set forth by J. B. Dr of Physick ... And now the sixth time revised, corrected, and very much augmented ... By a lover of the arts. [The author named in the preface as John Bulloker.] (1680)
by John Bullokar
A Speckling, Maculation. Speechless, Mute. r e ...
In which Not Only the Meaning of Every Word is Explained, and the Sound of Every Syllable Distinctly Shown, But, where Words are Subject to Different Pronunciations, the Reason for Each are Duly Considered and the Best Pronunciation is Selected. To which is Prefixed an Abstract of the Principles of English Pronunciation, and Directions to Foreigners for Acquiring a Knowledge of the Use of this Dictionary by John Walker
To stain,to Maculation, mäkkölä'shān, s, Stain. - t Mad, mäd. a. Disordered in the mind; enraged. Mad, mād. Y. a. To make mad. Madam, mād'âm. s.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for maculation
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about maculation
Video shows what maculation means. The act of spotting; a spot; a blemish. See .. Maculation Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
Scrabble value of M3A1C3U1L1A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 10-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MACULATION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of maculation!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of maculation to find many related words and phrases!